Profile for Richard Brown > Reviews

Content by Richard Brown

Richard Brown "richardbrown36"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
100 Sheets A4 230gsm Photo paper: Very glossy white and waterproof photo paper, compatible with inkjet and photo printers by GO Inkjet
Offered by PCUKNET

2.0 out of 5 stars Jams my Epson, 22 May 2016
The paper's OK but it jams my Epson XP-620.

Sadly today's printers don't have rear feeds any more, so the paper is forced in a tight bend from the tray, and it jams. Comparing this paper (230gsm) with some old Morrison's own label I found (240gsm), the only difference was this was slightly stiffer.

I the only way I found to use this is by loading the tray one sheet at a time – which is going to take a while to use 100 sheets!

Epson Expression Premium XP-620 All-in-One Printer - Flatbed
Epson Expression Premium XP-620 All-in-One Printer - Flatbed

4.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 16 Mar. 2016
I have had this printer for 11 months now and it's great, with excellent photo prints (my main use). DVD printing is good too. Use is less clunky than my old Canon MG5250 (which lasted 3 years). Set up was fine and it takes compatible inks. It does have a handful of drawbacks though.

You need to pull the print tray out manually (after pushing it in to access the paper trays). You will be doing this a lot. My old Canon had a fold down tray which it could release if you forgot.

It has no rear feed tray. Printers don't seem to have this any more. Handy for thick photo paper. I'm using 230 GSM. The printer picks it up OK, but forces it through a tight loop, and (if you look very carefully) it scratches the paper. Instead, it has a separate tray for photo paper, but too small to be useful. A4 would have been better. Trays are a bit fiddly.

Easy Photo Print (the bundled software) isn't, and I ended up downloading Photoscape to give me better control

But still happy with my choice.

100 Sheets A4 210x297mm 230g/m≤ Photo paper from LabelHeaven: glossy and waterproof photo paper, compatible with all Brother, Canon, HP, Lexmark and many other Ink Jet and photo Printers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Paper!, 20 Feb. 2013
Top quality thick paper. Feeds through my printer (Canon 5250) ok. Nice glossy prints. Only reservation is that the paper curls before and after use.

Brunhide Replacement Plastic Credit Card Purse / Wallet Insert Sleeves # 299-300
Offered by Oakgrain Leather
Price: £0.99 - £4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Feb. 2013
I normally get mine form John Lewis, but when I went in there they only had a strange hybrid. The spine was portrait but the opening was on the end so either was going to be fiddly or the cards would fall out.

These are great and just want I wanted.

Kingston USB STICK 16GB 2.0, DTMC/16GB
Kingston USB STICK 16GB 2.0, DTMC/16GB

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but.., 7 Feb. 2013
Nice, but... Black. Unlike the photo and the description (Blue). Might sound petty but I already had a black one and wanted a blue one so I could tell them apart! Why don't Kingston do them in more colours?

Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series
Garmin Nmaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates for nuvi series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Feb. 2013
I've had my 1490TV for about 18 months now and it has started hassling me about out of date maps. So what to do? £75 on the Garmin web site seemed a bit steep. £52 on Amazon was more like it – but still…. What clinched it was seeing in at £30 in the Xmas sale.

Updating was a breeze. You get a code on a card. Type it in on the Garmin site and off you go. I updated the firmware first and then downloaded und updated the maps (90 mins). It all fitted on ok and works fine.

Samsung SER6500 Ink , Ink Ribbon (Single)
Samsung SER6500 Ink , Ink Ribbon (Single)
Offered by East London Electronics Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Feb. 2013
It arrived quickly. It fits. It works. It does everything I want an ink ribbon to do. yes yes yes.

Kingston DTMCK/16GB USB Flash Memory Black 8 gb
Kingston DTMCK/16GB USB Flash Memory Black 8 gb
Offered by Mediashoponline

5.0 out of 5 stars So small, 6 Feb. 2013
But big enough for 7,853,916,160 bytes (7.31GB). My only thought is that they should do these in a range of colours so I can differentiate between them. I have just ordered a 16GB because it is blue!

1.5m RGB Component Video HD Cable Lead YpbPr GOLD 5ft
1.5m RGB Component Video HD Cable Lead YpbPr GOLD 5ft
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 6 Feb. 2013
Arrived quickly and works fine. What more can i say? Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far., 28 Jan. 2013
Well they work fine so far.

Only thing to point out is that they are HDMI 1.3A. If you need any of the extra functionality (eg Audio Return Channel - if you want to feed back the sound from your TV to your amp) you need 1.4 or later.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3