Profile for Regulus > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Natural Salt Lamp - 8"
Natural Salt Lamp - 8"

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but unreliable, 16 May 2016
This review is from: Natural Salt Lamp - 8"
Nice, but it just stopped working after three months!

Bad Show: The Quiz, The Cough, The Millionaire Major
Bad Show: The Quiz, The Cough, The Millionaire Major

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone who trusts the British justice system should read this book, 6 July 2015
I didn't pay much attention to the case of the Coughing Millionaire Major at the time. Like most people, I thought there's probably no smoke without fire, and in any case the British justice system is fair, honest, and reliable. After reading his outstanding book, how wrong I was. It shows how big companies and the press can destroy an innocent man for no very good reason at all in that he doesn't behave in the right way. (We've seen many similar cases in recent years - for example, Lindy Chamberlain, the mother of the baby who was taken by a dingo, was accused just because she didn't seem upset enough to the tabloid press.) It is amazing that with all this additional information there has been no review of the case. Everyone associated in pressing the case, from the show to the press to the police, should be thoroughly ashamed. Give the major his million.

Oscar & Lucy
Oscar & Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars but really it will be enjoyed by everyone, 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Oscar & Lucy (Kindle Edition)
It can be said of few books that really "I couldn't put it down", but it can of this one. Full of wit and charm, it will be of particular interest to anyone interested in the history of psychology, cryptography, or the art of car parking, but really it will be enjoyed by everyone.

Saville
Saville

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Saville (Kindle Edition)
A classic. Give it some time. A fully deserved Booker Prize winner.

21st Century Health Care, Lycopene, Maximum Strength, 25 mg, 60 Tablets
21st Century Health Care, Lycopene, Maximum Strength, 25 mg, 60 Tablets
Offered by united care

2.0 out of 5 stars Contains artificial colouring, 21 Jun. 2013
As a source of lycopene, and for the price, it is excellent. However, alerted by the garish purple colour I checked the ingredients, and there are TWO artificial colours added. How unnecessary. I won't buy this brand again.

How to Avoid Huge Ships
How to Avoid Huge Ships
by John W. Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Sailing close to the wind at this price, 30 Mar. 2013
Although this book contains much useful information, I do not think it is worth the cover price. Before I read it I hadn't had much trouble avoiding avoiding huge ships, or them me, and I don't think reading it has changed my life sufficiently to warrant the price.

In fact also found the book to be pretty depressing in places, and left me with something of a sinking feeling. I agree with the other reviewer who said why should it always be us who have to get out of the way of huge ships - why can't they avoid us just once in a while? It's a sad reflection on society as a whole. No wonder Britain is going to the dogs.

Lonely Planet 48 Hours in San Diego: City Trip from USA's Best Trips Travel Guide (Regional Travel Guide)

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY short, 7 Oct. 2012
I didn't expect much for 70p, but I expected a bit more than a tiny extract with hardly any content. Shame on Lonely Planet for so crassly ripping off their customers - and shame on Amazon too for agreeing to stock it.

Tales From the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD: Three Untold Tales Of Sherlock Holmes (Deed Box of John H Watson MD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the real thing, 10 Mar. 2012
At last - new Sherlock Holmes stories. They read just like "real" thing. I can hear Watson's voice in my head, and Holmes behaves according to type. I gather there's a new collection out, and I'll be getting these too. I whizzed through this collection. It's good as well that Ashton has so preserved the Holmes canon without adding too much to it - but with just enough new facts to spice Holmes up. Recommended extremely highly for everyone who's ever enjoyed the originals.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan. 2012
I got these to match a set of four other black granite coasters from another company that no longer seem to be available. I was worried they wouldn't match, but I needn't have done. These do just what it says on the can; they're standard coaster side, and made out of black granite. It's important to note they have tiny little feet so they won't scratch my glass tables. I'm delighted with them.

Lifestyle Black Granite Coasters (set of 4)
Lifestyle Black Granite Coasters (set of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jan. 2012
Just like the reviews said. Nice little feet so I can have granite on my glass tables. A thing of beauty, quite heavy, well presented - I liked so much I'm ordering another four.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4