Profile for MR G L WEBB > Reviews

Content by MR G L WEBB

MR G L WEBB (Mount Barker, South Australia Australia)

Oxford Modern English Grammar
Oxford Modern English Grammar
by Bas Aarts
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the key texts in in my quest to acquire sound grammatical background., 18 Oct 2011
I have purchased both this text and Essential English Grammar (by Philip Gucker) to brush up on my grammar before commencing a CELTA course early next year. Using this book has been an enjoyable experience. I find the information presented in an easily digestable manner that is helping me re-learn a lot of the stuff that I have forgotten since high school.

Essential English Grammar (Dover Language Guides Essential Grammar)
Essential English Grammar (Dover Language Guides Essential Grammar)
by Philip Gucker
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starting point for brushing up on long-forgotten high school grammar., 18 Oct 2011
I have purchased both this text and Oxford Modern English Grammar (by Bas Aarts) to brush up on my grammar before commencing a CELTA course early next year. I have found this book to be eminently readable and an enjoyable starting point in my quest.

The CELTA Course Trainee Book
The CELTA Course Trainee Book
by Scott Thornbury
Price: 15.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource, 18 Oct 2011
I am planning to take this course in the coming months and needed a starting point for a bit of "pre-study". Whilst the text is designed to support the actual course, I have found it to be a great starting point for gaining some background knowledge, my aims being (a) to kick-start my study, and (b) to have some base knowledge to ensure that I get as much as I can from the actual course.