Profile for Matt Jones > Reviews

Content by Matt Jones

Matt Jones (Plymouth, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Animal Counting
Animal Counting
by Petr Horacek

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept the tikes entertained, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Animal Counting (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very colourful, with simple little (emphasis on little) pop ups that kept them occupied for a very long time.

I only wish the pop ups were a bit bigger and spread out. Apart from that, a nice a little book.

Philips QG3332/23 Series 3000 4-in-1 Waterproof Mens Grooming Kit (Beard/Stubble Trimmer/Hair Clipper)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was pretty sceptical at first what with the price and all, but I have been pleasantly surprised by it.

I found it extremely easy to use, and against my expectations I haven't had any accidental comb movements. By that, I mean that the comb hasn't moved from say a 4mm to 2mm due to pressure. Very well built in my opinion.

Only drawbacks: It takes forever to fully charge for only 35mins use (on average), although in real terms you only need to use it for a few minutes at a time so it will last quite long. Also, kind of messy. Used it for a little bit, and tiny shards of hair covered every surface within a 3 foot radius.

Apart from those tiny things... I love this thing!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent heater!, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fantastic bit of kit this. Heats up quickly and pretty simple to use. I say pretty simple as some of the digital display settings confused me a little, but I do get easily confused anyway so I'm sure everyone else will be fine.

Only slight drawback I could find, the power cable is pretty short. But luckily I had a socket in a perfect location.

Revitive CX Circulation Booster
Revitive CX Circulation Booster

5.0 out of 5 stars Can feel the benefits!, 18 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as I regularly experienced leg pains and general ailments. I can honestly say after using this for several weeks, my legs feel much better. The odds pains are gone, the strange aches are gone and the pins and needles I used to get (blatant bad circulation) have not come back.

I have even noticed that I can walk much further without my legs getting tired, they certainly feel stronger.

I recommend this anybody with even mild leg muscle ailments.

Medicarn Latin Dance Weight Loss Fitness Program Dance Workout Kit
Medicarn Latin Dance Weight Loss Fitness Program Dance Workout Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good really!, 16 April 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The music is fab, energetic and fun.

But as many others have said, this pack can't consider itself as a Work Out Routine set. The supposed "Toning Sticks" are not mentioned at any point, and it can be very difficult for someone new to latin/salsa dancing to get to grips with.

Much better alternatives out there.

Easy Russian for English Speakers Vol. 1 & 2: Learn to Speak and Understand Russian; From everyday essentials to Chekhov, Pushkin, Gagarin and Shakespeare
by Max Bollinger
Edition: Audio CD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly easy, 25 Feb. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For something that is titled 'Easy Russian for English Speakers' it couldn't be further from the truth.
Yes, it has a lot of useful in depth information at hand... but as some other people have said its very fast, leaving little time to really let things sink in.

If you are already studying Russian, this is a very good aid. If not, you may want to look elsewhere.

G Data Total Protection 2013 1 user 1 year license (PC)
G Data Total Protection 2013 1 user 1 year license (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection, 25 Feb. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a user of G Data Anti Virus 2012 3 User, 1 Year License (PC) and a happy one at that, I was looking forward to cracking in to GDATA's flagship 2013 software.

The user interface is pretty much identical to the 2012 line up, which is helpful for anyone migrating up. Also in terms of the deeper advanced settings, these will also be familiar to GDATA veteran. Although don't be swayed if you are a new user to them, everything is laid out quite nicely.

The built in backup feature is nice also, and is an improvement on windows backup, but can also be easily disabled. Also with the built in Tune-up facility, you can help to get rid of some of the rubbish on your PC to not only speed up use, but also scan speeds.

Speaking of scan speeds: the only thing I noticed is that compared to the 2012 software the AV in this package seemed to run a little slower. Not a major problem as you can change the settings to use only one engine (as this natively uses two) but I don't want to skimp on raw protection, for a bit extra raw speed.

Also good to know, after upgrading to Windows 8 it works fine with all Store apps (although after upgrading GDATA requires a quick update to be 100% compatible). On another computer with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013: 3 Users - 1 Year (PC) all the store apps were blocked due to its Web Protection feature, and involved manually entering addresses to override. Not here, no interruptions at all.

This is a good, strong, easy to use Internet Protection package that not only professionals will appreciate... but also us lowly home users.

MaBlue Kindle Fire HD Anti-Scratch Screen Protector 3-Pack (2nd Generation - 2012 release)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for light use, 25 Feb. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These screen protectors are absolutely fine for someone who is a light user of the Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - With Special Offers but for someone light me who spends a lot of time using its many features, the screen protectors just don't hold up.

After a couple of days, it slowly became unstuck from the middle working its way out. This happened on another one also.
One good thing is that they are easy to apply in my opinion, and although the instructions on how to do this are pretty bland its easy to get a grip on them.

So like I said Light Users are fine, Heavy Users... not so much.

ToView
ToView

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: ToView (App)
Was sceptical at first, but once installed I found myself watching high quality live ITV.
A great app, does exactly what it says on the tin!

House of Marley Revolution Midnight Headphones with 3 Button Mic
House of Marley Revolution Midnight Headphones with 3 Button Mic

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 26 July 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nicely built, with the ability for good quality. Main problems being that they are incredibly uncomfortable, and have a hard time working with equipment not made by a certain electronic company that likes to make sure you have enough APPLE in your diet.

I want to love them, but I really can't...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20