Profile for Plume > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
More Mile Cheviot 2 Trail Running Shoes - Black/Grey/Red
More Mile Cheviot 2 Trail Running Shoes - Black/Grey/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecellent orienteering shoes., 25 Mar. 2015
Excellent shoes, this is the second pair my son has had. My son (aged 12) is a keen orienteerer, both at school and with a club, so uses them at least once a week, maybe several times. Very comfy, good fit, durable and rugged sole. Ideal for orienteering as studs are no good on hard surfaces or rocks, these have excellent grip in all conditions. The upper was fairly tough although at the end of 18 months did get ripped by brambles. He's in the forest a lot and tends to plough through the undergrowth so inevitable. The inner sole can be lifted out to facilitate drying. the shoes didnt get too waterlogged during running tho. Really can't be beaten for the price if you do this type of running and, at this price, can be changed a little more frequently-especially useful for the young whose feet are still growing!

Peaky Blinders - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Peaky Blinders - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars More style than sunstance, 26 Feb. 2014
Quite like this series, but it really hasnt got much of a story. It looks great, beautifully cinematic and the completely incongruous soundtrack is excellent. The lead actor thinks he's too good-looking to actually act, but I enjoyed the programmes anyway.

Dare 2b Boy's Boysterous Leisurewear Jackets
Dare 2b Boy's Boysterous Leisurewear Jackets
Price: £17.87 - £27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars good jacket-value for money, 26 Feb. 2014
Great jacket, my 12 year old son loves it. Bought the sky blue- it looks good, and the colour stands out well on these dreary days.

The small mesh inside pocket isnt great as anything smooth tends to slide out when he bends over, so wouldnt recommend it to put a phone in, for example.

Overall excellent value for money I'd highly recommend it.

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects
by Gillian Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark but brilliant, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Paperback)
Disturbing and dark, I loved this book. One is never quite sure where its going to end but can pass a thoroughly enjoyable time finding out. Will order the latest by Ms. Flynn-hope its as good.

The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope, Book 4)
The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope, Book 4)
by Scott Mariani

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter tosh!, 13 Jan. 2013
Gave up after only 20 pages, and believe me I normally follow through to the end come what may. It was such utter drivel, so appallingly written and completely unbelievable. From the first page it was clear that this wasnt going to be good, backed up with inventions such as the international airport at Cherbourg, and the local vinyard (perhaps he thinking of global warming due to the international airport?)!!! Why not invent a place rather than a fabrication using a real name? Dont waste your time reading this, lie down and stare at the ceiling, its more interesting and your blood pressure will be lower when you've finished.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2015 12:33 PM GMT

Limey Gumshoe: The true-life adventures of an undercover detective
Limey Gumshoe: The true-life adventures of an undercover detective
by Will Randall

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and heartwarming, 24 Nov. 2012
I picked this up in a charity shop (perhaps left there by one of the other less appreciative contributors), despite it not being a book I would normally have chosen (there wasnt much choice), was very glad that I did. Entertainingly written, it was a very funny, if somewhat extrordinary, tale of a brit helping out in a US private detective agency. Larger than life characters populate a good basic story, which was very heartwarming with justice prevailing.
Not having read any of Mr Randalls books before I was surprised to see some of the other reviewers found this book disappointing, I will certainly have a go at reading another, despite this genre not really being my cup of tea.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good-believable stuff!, 6 Aug. 2012
This is a womans book-a very believable portrayal of someone in an abusive relationship. Elizabeth Haynes finest writing delves not only into the effect this abuse has on our heroine, but also the weakness, but absolute power of her persuant. I read a lot of thrillers but this one gives us a slightly different turn from the usual. Well written, I was on the edge of my seat and had to stay up til 1am to finish it as i couldnt leave our protagonist in the middle of it all. I look forward to the next.

Arrival in Wycherly
Arrival in Wycherly
by Norman Denny

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting novel, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Arrival in Wycherly (Hardcover)
Entertaining novel from an author I only picked up as I'd read his translation of Victor Hugos 'Les Miserables (Classics)Les Miserables.
I dont want to give anything away but its a jolly good story and one that I've never forgotten!

Les Miserables (Classics)
Les Miserables (Classics)
by Victor Hugo

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever, 18 April 2012
This book is the one I'd take to a desert island, I've read it 4 or 5 times now and always discover more each re-read. The characters are beautifully drawn and the philosophy still relevent today, the story brings tears to my eyes even though I know the outcome. We all think we know the basic story, but theres much more to it than depicted in films (I wont even bother mentioning the stage show which seems only to share the same title), although the 1982 french version is a very honest representation. Norman Denny's (an entertaining writer himself) translation is excellent and the editing fair, making it very readable without abridging the story too much. If there's one book you read in your life, make it this one, its a thought provoking and life changing experience and a very enjoyable way to pass two weeks of your life.

Chemistry Lab
Chemistry Lab

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Chemistry Lab (Toy)
Well presented set, needs a few household ingredients to complete the kit, but nothing too difficult to find. Interesting with easy to follow instructions, starting off with very simple experiments, getting progressively more complex. My only gripe is that the glass beaker was broken upon arrival, otherwise a good quality kit and at least the tubes and beakers are real glass and not plastic.

Page: 1 | 2