Profile for paul doyle > Reviews

Content by paul doyle

paul doyle (Athboy, Meath, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Disney Toy Story Dog Cushion, Large
Disney Toy Story Dog Cushion, Large
Offered by theonestoppetshop
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price but poor quality, 10 Dec 2013
Has a shiny slippy texture to it. Not good quality. The dogs destroyed it quicker than any other beds they've had. Its also a good bit thinner than similarly priced dog beds. I would not recommend this dog bed unless like me you get it for a song and even then just until you have more funds available

Whitecroft Essentials Stationery Tubs Pencil Erasers - Assorted Colours (Pack of 25)
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for children who lose things, 10 Dec 2013
I think my daughter eats school supplies. These are great and its handy to have a supply on hand at homework time. Takes a lot of the stress out of doing her homework and no more using a bit of bread to erase pencil :S

Olo Cumulo Diagonal Stripes Case for Apple iPhone 4S - Light Blue
Olo Cumulo Diagonal Stripes Case for Apple iPhone 4S - Light Blue
Offered by IET-SEARCHBUY*smartphone-tuning*
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Dec 2013
I bought a few iphone 4 cases on amazon and have to say this was the most durable. Have been using it now for nearly a year when the rubber cases only lasted maximum a month before they looked old and tatty. Unbeatable for quality. Don't really use the separating part as the hole in the case allows my ipod dock to still fit in the phone. I would recommend this case. you won't be disappointed

Staedtler Noris HB Pencil (Tub of 50)
Staedtler Noris HB Pencil (Tub of 50)
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars i got 51 pencils, 10 Dec 2013
Had to count them twice but I got 51 pencils. Half the pencil are for my wife who is a teacher and the other half are for my daughter who I can't seem to keep in pencils. At about 30p a pencil these were a great buy and will definitely last until the summer holidays. Useful for board games like cluedo and sussed too

Kurio 7S 2013 Version
Kurio 7S 2013 Version
Offered by Big Red Toolbox
Price: 116.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Kurio is a great tablet, 10 Dec 2013
UPDATE: Now has google play store for apps

Bought 1 of these for my 7 year old and it is fantastic. There are 4 app stores available for it including the amazon app store. The choice of apps is great and includes 4 Disney ebooks and 4 colouring apps. I have downloaded my daughters favourite games from amazon which are candy crush and pou and I also downloaded the Netflix app. Amazon wouldn't allow me to download this due to me living in Ireland so I used 1 of the other app stores.

The tablet required a hefty update to its android operating system before the Netflix app and youtube would work for me. They had sound but no picture before the update so if you have no picture then you need the update. scroll down from the top and there should be an update available icon there.

The tablet has to be set up by an adult before it can be used by a child so make sure you set this up prior to the big day as it took an hour including the updates and downloading the 3 extra apps.

Internet access on the tablet is good but will require a bit of help for my daughter to get her started. There is a list of about 50 safe sites most of which I haven't heard of but i'll have to go through them with her so that she can decide and remember which few she likes and can visit them. This tablet is incredible and the Netflix app is going to make it.

I have had a couple of issues with the tablet crashing in the short time I tried it out and quick error messages saying something failed and then being brought out to the main screen. I doubt very much this tablet will last a year based on these issues but if she gets 6 months of use out of it, then i'll be happy at this price.

I now have to buy a 2nd one of these for my 3 year old as there is no way she will be happy with her innotab after seeing this and there is no point in me getting 1 child away from our devices just to hand them over to the other.

I've read another review about the white fang app getting onto the home page. I accidentally put an app onto the home page. You just press and hold on that app and a trash can symbol like the one on a pc appears for you to drag the app to. Problem sorted as I had to delete Netflix this way when I downloaded the wrong type from the play store (I don't know if it was wrong type or just a different format than the kurio could accept as they don't have the appstore for google play and I downloaded it using the kurios web browser). Not sure if you can add it back to the folder it came from but I'd expect you can in the same press down on, hold and drag method. If not sure it's quick enough to reinstall if its something your child is interested in.

Winnie the Pooh Baby Romper Suit Dress Blue/Dress Blue 24 Months
Winnie the Pooh Baby Romper Suit Dress Blue/Dress Blue 24 Months
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 9 Dec 2013
Excellent quality pyjamas for a toddler. He loves them. great quality material and looks brilliant too. Lovely colours that wash well

Bosch MCM68861GB Food Processor, 10 Attachments, 3.9 Litre Mixing Bowl, 1250 Watt, Brushed Stainless Steel
Price: 162.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality food processor, 9 Dec 2013
Does a good job on onions and carrots and potatoes. Lots of attachments for pretty much anything you want to cook or bake. The onion stings my eye a lot more than it used to though now that I'm using this instead of the knife. I guess that's because it slices the onion finer than I used to.

Good quality parts well made and very powerful motor. The mini chopper is a great add on for when you want to just do one thing.

5 Star Office Drywipe Marker Xylene/Toluene-Free Bullet Tip 2mm Line Assorted [Pack 12]
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 5.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't expecting much but they are good, 9 Dec 2013
I was sure these pens were going to be washed out from the back of the class room on the big white board but they are perfect and every child in the room can see them clearly. They are as good as any branded pens I have used in the past

VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Deluxe Track Set
VTech Baby Toot-Toot Drivers Deluxe Track Set
Price: 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 of these, they are great, 9 Dec 2013
Great variety and quantity of track. I have bought 2 sets of track and used them both on garages to join the 4 entrances/exits together.

Staedtler noris club small left handed scissors for children
Staedtler noris club small left handed scissors for children
Price: 1.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, can never have enough left handed scissors, 9 Dec 2013
Daughter loves this scissors. she is very artistic and we have many types of left handed scissors. Usual kids though and they can never find the scissors when she wants them so she uses whatever she can find including right handed scissors which cut jagged for her. If she finds 2 or more scissors then this is the 1 she always uses so that says a lot for how good this scissors is.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6