Profile for DCW Anthony > Reviews

Content by DCW Anthony

DCW Anthony (Paisley, UK)

A Room Full of Bones: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 4
A Room Full of Bones: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 4

4.0 out of 5 stars They are all good, but I found this one less believable than ..., 26 May 2015
I have read all of the Ruth Galloway series. They are all good, but I found this one less believable than the previous books.

Yamaha YAS-93 Front Surround Soundbar System with Dual Built-In subwoofers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Nov. 2014
I can now hear most dialogue in dramas.

Stanley 192905 Jumbo Toolbox 16-inch with Tray
Stanley 192905 Jumbo Toolbox 16-inch with Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug. 2014
Does what is expected of it can't ask for more.

The Grimm Legacy
The Grimm Legacy

3.0 out of 5 stars it proved to be quite a good read, with an inventive central creation, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Grimm Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Randomly selected, it proved to be quite a good read, with an inventive central creation, but I just cannot do magic.

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it very much, 4 Aug. 2014
I enjoyed it very much. The damaged private investigator is a bit of a cliche, but is sufficiently revived as a worthwhile feature of the character and the story. I will buy the next one.

The Riddle of the Sands
The Riddle of the Sands

3.0 out of 5 stars Riddle of the Sands, 4 Aug. 2014
Unfortunately 'the Riddle of the Sands' now reads as very dated. There is too much very detailed technicalities about sailing and local geography. Reading it as a Kindle book made it very difficult to refer to the maps as required.

by Fay Ripley

5.0 out of 5 stars What's for dinner, 22 Aug. 2012
What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking
I very much enjoyed this book. The recipes are attracive and also easy. I have made several of them - and they worked.

Quietly in Their Sleep
Quietly in Their Sleep
by Donna Leon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars New book?, 5 July 2007
If you have been reading Donna Leon for as long as I have, don't make my mistake of thinking this is a new book or one you've somehow missed. It's an old favourite, Death of Faith, appearing under its American title, but with no warning. I can't help feeling conned. If you haven't read it, it's a cheap copy of one of her best.

I'd like to amend my review, since I'm now, after a gap of some eight years, re-reading it with immense enjoyment: I had forgotten just how good it is. I should have given it five stars.