Profile for potty1980 > Reviews

One-Minute Mindfulness: How to Live in the Moment
One-Minute Mindfulness: How to Live in the Moment
by Simon Parke

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm, 30 April 2011
I am currently having Counselling and my Counselor often talks about being 'mindful' but i've never really fully understood the meaning of it.

This book doesn't patronise, or lecture you. It's not one of those 'self-help' books that say the same thing over and over again...leaving you with thinking "If only it were that simple..."

It's a series of little events....of analogies and meditations that cause you to think...and apply the meaning by yourself to your own situation.

Each mini meditation is no more than a page long, so it makes it easy to commit to reading one a day at least and it helps to re-focus your mind and bring you back to the present.

If you are, like me, a big thinker and a worrier, this book certainly helps you to think in a different way, but also enables you to make the decision to think that way for yourself.

An empowering and beautiful read! Without sounding too flowery, this book is changing my life.

Thank you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 12:13 AM BST

Silk Skin sheer Luxury for effective Hair removal for both Men & Women
Silk Skin sheer Luxury for effective Hair removal for both Men & Women
Offered by Anything 4 Home

2.0 out of 5 stars OK/Not OK, 30 April 2011
I was disappointed that, seeing as this item was a gift, it came packaged in a Jiffy bag causing significant disrepair to the box. This meant that I had to remove the item from the box and wrap separately which was less than ideal. Also the item had no instructions for use which I found a little suspicious, it was only because I had seen someone else use it that I was able to explain to the person receiving the gift what they needed to do.

With all of the above in mind, the product itself was of a good quality and the person I gave it to was very happy in the end.