Profile for Asim Qureshi > Reviews

Asim Qureshi

Bowers & Wilkins P7 Over Ear Headphones
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Over Ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars B&W does it again!, 6 Nov. 2013
There are already some great reviews listed so I won't delve into specifics. Suffice to say I've had the P5s (B&W's first offering in headphones) for quite a while. They were brilliantly crafted, excellent material use throughout, and sounded quite good as well. My only complaint was that they clamped down too hard on your head to try to isolate external sound sources around you.

The P7s are identically crafted, but are far far more comfortable to wear. I especially like the fact that the cord is slightly thicker this time around rather than the almost needle thin cord of the P5s. Of course B&W is nice enough to provide an extra cord without the remote and mic along with the headphones. You also get a semi-crescent carrying case which is also made out of leather. A very nice touch.

Over all I am quite pleased with my purchase of the P7s. They're everything I wanted in the P5s and sound even better. Deeper bass, greater sound fidelity.

If you're on the fence of which headphones to go for, the P7s or the P5s. I'd say to spend the difference and get the P7s, you won't regret it.

RECOMMENDED!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 11:53 PM GMT

Samsung S27B970 27 inch Widescreen LED PLS Ultra Thin Professional Monitor - Gloss Black/Silver (2560x 1440 WQHD, 5ms, DVI, DP, HDMI, USB, MHL, Speakers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning!, 23 Nov. 2012
I recently went ahead after a lot of research and went across and bought this monitor. I have to say I am quite pleased with my decision thus far.

PACKAGING
======================
The product arrived perfectly packaged as always from Amazon.co.uk. The box was easy to carry and nicely packaged from Samsung as well. The monitor was neatly kept inside with all the accessories included, I'll go into detail with what was included in just a bit.

BOX CONTENTS
======================

The monitor came with a nice little small box which contained the USB upstream cable to be connected with the PC so you can use the built in hub. A MHL HDMI cable to use with your android phone that supports that feature. A DVI cable, Display Port, along with the Power-brick and power cord. I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the cables required were supplied. However, the HDMI cable is not included in case you require one. I also noted that the monitor does not work at 2560x1440 (max resolution) with the HDMI cable but had no trouble going to that resolution with the bundled Display Port cable.

First Impressions
======================

To sum it up, this has to be one of the most beautiful monitors I have seen other than the Apple CInema Display/Thunderbolt which sadly don't work with my PC and I still prefer the PLS panel this monitor has. All in all the monitor features an industrial design, a beautiful panel, jaw dropping vivid colours, and excellent aesthetics thanks to the stand which features height adjustment. The touch based controls on the bottom of the monitor are a joy to use, easy to use OSD, and high quality materials all add up to the monitor.

I have this monitor connected to my gaming rig and every game runs perfectly that I have played. From Skyrim to World of Warcraft, Torchlight 2, Diablo 3, Dishonored, Black Ops 2 etc. The monitor has no lag that I have come across, the colours and picture quality are just astounding.

======================
Conclusion
======================

I heartily recommend this QHD (Quad High Definition) monitor to anyone who wants the very best picture quality albeit at a price. There are cheaper alternatives such as the new ASUS PQ27 QHD monitor which are slightly cheaper but don't look as nice. The 2560x1440 resolution will require some graphical grunt to run to get acceptable frames on the native resolution in which case I'd recommend making sure you have what it takes to run games at that resolution.

Pros:

+PLS Panel, extremely wide viewing angle
+Beautiful Industrial Design
+Integrated USB 2.0 Hub (even though a 3.0 Hub would have been really nice)
+Very good built in speakers
+2560x1440 resolution just brings out the details
+3 Years Warranty on Parts and Labor
+Excellent touch controls and OSD
+All the connectivity you would need in a monitor

Cons:

-Price
-Slightly reflective

All in all I am very happy with my purchase and heartedly recommend this monitor to anyone that needs one of the best semi professional displays in the market.

PC specs:

i7 3770k OC'ed to 4.5GHz
16gb Corsair 1600Mhz Ram
256GB Samsung 840 Pro series
2tb Western Digital Black 7200 rpm drive
Creative Soundblaster Recon3D Fata1ity
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+ 2048mb in SLi
Corsair AX 850 Professional Series PSU
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 1:30 AM GMT