Profile for Bronagh M > Reviews

Content by Bronagh M

Bronagh M

Page: 1 | 2
Shock Absorber womens  Sports Bra, White, 34A (Manufacturer Size: 90A)
Shock Absorber womens Sports Bra, White, 34A (Manufacturer Size: 90A)

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't order a corset..., 16 Aug. 2014
So difficult to get on and so tight-fitting I felt like I was about to faint because I literally couldn't breathe. Awful sizing!

Timberland Nellie Waterproof, Women's Biker Boots
Timberland Nellie Waterproof, Women's Biker Boots
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned them, 16 Aug. 2014
These looked like good sturdy boots with a decent sole, but inside each zip there is a bulky flap of material - presumably to keep the zip weatherproof. The flaps felt awkward bordering on painful and were inevitably going to chafe so I sent the boots back for a refund. Edit: I forgot to mention the boots made my feet look HUGE.

Charades For Kids Game
Charades For Kids Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as Christmas presents, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Charades For Kids Game (Toy)
I bought two of these as presents for two colleagues, one a grandmother of 8 and the other a mother of 3. The age ranges of their families are from infants to 11 years old, and both of them thanked me profusely after Christmas to say they'd been a big hit with all the children. The youngest can use the pictures and the oldest can read the words. They said there was demand to play charades every night :D Glad I bought it!

Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag K13335A24 Triangle TR PR
Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag K13335A24 Triangle TR PR

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Kipling bag, 10 April 2014
Always wondered what the fuss was about with this brand, and I'd always considered it on the expensive side.

Having tried out my new Alvar bag for a week I can see why people like Kipling. For one thing the triangle design is beautiful (I've had at least 8 comments on how nice the bag is within a WEEK!) and even better are the many zipped compartments and organisational space. It's just short of A4 paper size, neither too big nor too small. Enough room for lunch, an umbrella, hairbrush and all the bits and pieces. It's lovely and lightweight, sits flat against the body, and everything feels well-made and secure. Highly recommended!

Nalgene Everyday wide-mouth 0,5 l green bottle
Nalgene Everyday wide-mouth 0,5 l green bottle
Offered by Special-Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, compact, well-designed, 29 Mar. 2014
I already have a 0.7L Nalgene bottle and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but this time I opted for something a bit more compact and decided to get the 0.5L. It's a perfect handbag size, equivalent to a fizzy drinks can in diameter but about half again as tall.

The lime green and purple colour combination is really vibrant (and easy to spot in the depths of my bag!).

The grey grab handle in no way hinders the unscrewing of the lid and will ensure it never gets lost, and the plastic is very robust, feels impossible to dent or break while staying lightweight. Great design.

Soap Flakes 425g when softness matters
Soap Flakes 425g when softness matters

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for waterproof clothing, 26 Mar. 2014
My North Face jacket needed a spring clean and I was told to use pure soap flakes to maintain the water repellance of the material. The soap lathered up well in the sink and cleaned well without stripping the water repellant nature of the coat...BUT it left behind a not entirely pleasant smell that has lingered ever since, despite airing and wearing.

Effective at the job but be prepared for a bit of a smell for a while afterwards.

Lindt Lindor Assorted Chocolate Cornet 200 g (Pack of 2)
Lindt Lindor Assorted Chocolate Cornet 200 g (Pack of 2)
Offered by Healthy Foods Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Delicious but pricey, 26 Mar. 2014
Lindt is my favourite chocolate but these are so big it's almost a trial to fit one in your mouth to let it melt, and let's face it, that's the best bit of eating Lindt. More, smaller cornets would've been better than these monsters. The flavours were delicious though!

Royal Canin Cat Food Outdoor 30 Dry Mix 2 kg
Royal Canin Cat Food Outdoor 30 Dry Mix 2 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat's favourite type so far, 26 Mar. 2014
Goes down well with my indoor/outdoor cat. She seems to prefer this to the Fit 32 variety and it leaves her with a lovely glossy coat.

Crayola Supertips Washable - Pack of 24
Crayola Supertips Washable - Pack of 24
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful selection of colours, bargain price, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crayola Supertips Washable (Toy)
I bought these for my new school Book Club and the moment I produced them the children's eyes lit up! Crayola is a very trustworthy brand and you know the pens will be long-lasting and great quality. The set I received was slightly different from that pictured. If I was to give one minor criticism it would be to include more of a selection of blue tones - mine only had a dark blue.

Thinking of buying a set just for myself now!

Merrell Decora Chant Waterproof, Women's Snow Boots, J48420, Black (Black), 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots, well worth investing in, 26 Mar. 2014
The price of Merrell boots had put me off in the past, especially with the very hit and miss nature of ordering shoes online, but I took the plunge on these given their great reviews.

It's been four months of almost daily wear since then, including several miles' walk every day, and I am delighted with the boots. They're warm, comfortable and true to size and I expect them to last at least another year.

The only criticism I can think of is they aren't as grippy as I'd hoped for. We've had no snow in Belfast all winter so I can't report on how they'd fare in it, but on wet surfaces and ice they don't have a huge amount of traction. This has improved with wear, though, as the soles become rougher.

I'll be buying Merrell again in confidence!

Page: 1 | 2