Profile for Tara Jordan > Reviews

Content by Tara Jordan

Tara Jordan (Roanoke, Virginia)

Quite Ugly One Morning
Quite Ugly One Morning
by Christopher Brookmyre
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio Version Is Fantastic!, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Quite Ugly One Morning (Audio CD)
This is a review specifically for the audio version of this book. I enjoyed the story itself, but when coupled with the terrific talent of David Tennant as the narrator, the great story becomes spectacular on audio! David is an extraordinarily talented audio book reader who effortlessly creates distinct voices for each character in the story. His accents are wonderful, his delivery and timing are spot-on, and he leaves you wishing that there were twice as many CD's in the package!
As for the story, it's a wonderful murder mystery with a gritty feel to it. It does get a bit graphic in some parts, so if you're squeamish, that's something to note. Otherwise, it's a really intense, gripping journey through the world of police investigation and the National Health system.
I highly recommend this audio book. I've listened to it several times now, and I love it all over again each time. I hope you enjoy it, too!

"Doctor Who": Dead Air: (10th Doctor, Audio Original)
"Doctor Who": Dead Air: (10th Doctor, Audio Original)
by James Goss
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Home Run for DT!, 10 Dec. 2012
David Tennant has, once again, scored a home run with this audio recording. While it is not my favorite DW story of all the ones he's read, David's tremendous talent with character voices and his impeccable timing as he reads make this audio book a must-have for any Doctor Who fan. If you haven't checked out the other audio books David has recorded, you really should (and I mean all of them, not just the Doctor Who stories).

Parade's End [DVD]
Parade's End [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Wait!, 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Parade's End [DVD] (DVD)
I live in the US, so I wasn't able to see this when it was first released. I actually ordered a region-free DVD player just so I could watch this DVD, and it was SO worth it!
I watched all five episodes in two days (and it would've been one day except for that pesky thing called a full-time job getting in my way). I can't recommend this DVD highly enough. The gorgeous costumes and the wonderful cinematography provide an amazing backdrop for a truly spectacular, heart-warming story. If you are a Benedict Cumberbatch fan, this is a must-have for your collection.

SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
SHERLOCK 2013 CALENDAR (Calendar 2013)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for Sherlock Fans, 10 Dec. 2012
This is a great-looking calendar! Roll on 2013! This will be a great addition to my office. I can't wait to pin it up!

Wreckers [DVD]
Wreckers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy

4.0 out of 5 stars Left Me Wanting More..., 10 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Wreckers [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD specifically to check out Benedict Cumberbatch's performance. I am completely impressed, not only by Benedict but also by the rest of the cast. The story is engaging, intriguing, and well-paced. The only reason I can't give this film the full five stars is that I felt just a bit unsatisfied with the ending. If I could've done a rating of 4.5, I would have.

I don't want to say too much and ruin the fun for those of you who haven't seen the movie, so I will just say that Benedict turns in a wonderful performance as David, and Claire Foy is a terrific complement as Dawn. The movie is about David and Dawn's relationship, and how it evolves as they learn more about each other and are affected by the secondary characters in the story. I'd have liked to see a bigger glimpse of the characters' pasts in this film. Benedict explores a darker side in this story that we haven't really seen from him before.
I'm a tremendous fan of Benedict, so if you're a fan, too, this is a must-own DVD for your collection. Even if you're not a huge BC fan but you're a viewer who likes indie films and relationship-driven stories, then you will also enjoy this film. But, just as a fair warning, Benedict is a narcotic. You will likely become addicted like the rest of us if you watch this movie. Enjoy!

David Tennant - A Life in Time and Space
David Tennant - A Life in Time and Space
by Nigel Goodall

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Do NOT Buy This Book, 24 Nov. 2008
You will learn everything you need to know about David Tennant from his website--and it won't cost you a thing: David-Tennant.com. In fact, most of everything IN this book was probably found on David's official website.

David himself has said he's never met Nigel Goodall and has also said not to believe anything in the book because it's full of rubbish and lies. So...let's all take David's advice!

Trust me. Save your money and don't reward this so-called author by buying this book. Visit the website instead.