Profile for Ian Danton > Reviews

Content by Ian Danton

Ian Danton (Omagh United Kingdom)

Flood
Flood
Price: 6.94

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite album of all time, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Flood (Audio CD)
I am biased, I have bought everything They Might Be Giants have ever done and I own the t-shirt. However it all started here. Something about this album just clicks into place for me. If I am unhappy then this changes my mood. The songs are eclectic, and define quirk. On here you have Birdhouse in your Soul - the one song most people know, My Racist Friend, Particle Man, Istanbul (Not Constantinople), Hot Cha. All of them with the essence of John and John's love of what they do oozing out of every bar. This is my fourth copy of the album. I gave the others away in an effort to spread joy :). I genuinely hope you enjoy it. (Oh and look out for fingertips on their previous album Apollo 18 - simple genius).

Emancipation
Emancipation
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 8.67

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked his mid-90's Output, you will like this, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Emancipation (Audio CD)
This is Prince unfettered to the tune of 3 hours of music! Although you may appreciate the reason for some editorial input at times, it is nevertheless a wonderful thing to listen to if you are already a fan. I am not recommending anyone start their journey with him here - for me Graffiti Bridge, Batman and Purple Rain are the best way to do that. All my opinion only :)

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Mythic Adventures
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Mythic Adventures
by Jason Bulmahn
Price: 21.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great take on High Powered Adventuring, 6 Sep 2013
This is ideal for anyone who enjoys an epic scaled campaign in Pathfinder. The mechanic essentially means that your characters can take on "mythic" powers at any level. This neatly side-steps the issue of how to keep on having fun at levels beyond the normal maximum. The additional power added will need to be carefully balanced by ensuring encounters are appropriately designed, and there is plenty of guidance within the book for this. All of this appeals to me tremendously. The one caveat however is that it caters for the power gamer, I could see this easily unbalancing a game with some over generous DM'ing. I still love it though!

Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y
Accurist Men's Chronograph Watch MS832Y
Offered by The Internet Retailer
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 9 Aug 2013
This is a great looking watch and felt comfortable as soon as I put it on. The only thing that could change my opinion will be battery life. So far so good.

KitchenAid 4.8 Litre Glass Bowl for KitchenAid Mixer
KitchenAid 4.8 Litre Glass Bowl for KitchenAid Mixer
Price: 53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 15 July 2013
Only received my bowl this morning and already love it!

Made muffins and it was great to be able to pour the batter straight from the mixing bowl into the muffin cases, bowl is sturdy but not too heavy so easy to control the pouring.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and tacky, 23 Feb 2013
Generally I avoid cheap branded reproductions, but on this occasion was persuaded by my daughter. Even she however was devastated at the poverty of this effort. Would not be worth 1 at a market stall. Avoid.