Profile for barnstoner > Reviews

The Sound Of Silence
The Sound Of Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful vocals, 30 Jun. 2016
Best cover of a Paul Simon song I've heard

iPhone 6 Plus Case, Shocksock [Black] iPhone 6 Plus Neoprene Case Impact Resistant Pouch with Velcro Closure for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5") - Black
Offered by ClickJunkie

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tight fit, 3 Jun. 2016
This is a very nice phone case and great in all respects except one - it's too small. I bought it for an iPhone 6plus which already has a thin hard shell case to protect it in the event of a drop, and also to take a lanyard. I would not want to remove this. The case is so narrow that this thin extra layer means the iPhone 6plus won't go in. Luckily it turns out to be perfect for an iPhone SE in a hard shell, so a quick swap between family members sorted out the problem. Still, don't buy it unless you're happy using your phone without a protective shell.

Hario Acrylic Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs
Hario Acrylic Coffee Grinder with Ceramic Burrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine, 5 Nov. 2015
This is a great little coffee grinder, which I use every day. It produces a very good fine ground coffee and is very easy to use. The suction base is brilliant; without it I think it would be harder to use the grinder because it would move around so much that it would need a lot of muscle effort to keep it still. It's a simple idea, but a very effective one.
The suction is created by turning a lever in the base, and the lever is held in place by a silicon cap in the body of the machine. I stupidly lost this cap without knowing that it was even there (it must have fallen on the floor and got hoovered up), and then I found that the lever kept coming out of position whenever I moved the machine. I contacted Hario and had a really helpful response and a free replacement in the post.

Gabor Shoes Women's Gabor Court Shoes 22.695.46 Blue - Blau (nightblue) 40 EU, UK 6.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as ever, 2 Oct. 2015
Gabor shoes are always reliable in fit and quality - they are the only ones I would risk buying on the internet because I suffer from foot pain and need really comfortable shoes.

Modern IP44 Silver Chrome & Glass Flush Bathroom Ceiling Light
Modern IP44 Silver Chrome & Glass Flush Bathroom Ceiling Light
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars It looks really nice up - only moan is that there is little ..., 18 Jun. 2015
It looks really nice up - only moan is that there is little flexibility for the entry point for the cables - they have to go in to a small hole which is off-centre. This meant the light had to be fitted a bit off to one side of where the previous light had been fitted, leaving a mark on the ceiling that I had to paint over.

TWIN PACK CONTEMPORARY DESIGN SMOKE ALARM WITH SILENCER BUTTON
TWIN PACK CONTEMPORARY DESIGN SMOKE ALARM WITH SILENCER BUTTON

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really pleased with these, 18 Jun. 2015
I'm really pleased with these, very good price, quick to fit, and with a silencer button for all those burnt toast incidents. No more pulling the battery out to shut the thing up!

Gabor Shoes Women's Gabor Fashion Sandals Blue Blau (nightblue), 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Gabor Shoes Women's Gabor Fashion Sandals Blue Blau (nightblue), 6.5 UK (40 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars they fit well and are very comfortable. These look very nice on and have a ..., 18 Jun. 2015
Always buy Gabor shoes, they fit well and are very comfortable. These look very nice on and have a low heel which is just what I wanted.

Trixie Walker Care Protective Boots, Medium, Black(Border Collie)
Trixie Walker Care Protective Boots, Medium, Black(Border Collie)

2.0 out of 5 stars ... tried these for my dog's back feet - no good at all, 18 Jun. 2015
I tried these for my dog's back feet - no good at all, just twisted round and drove her mad. She wouldn't walk until they were taken off. Might be ok for front feet, I didn't need that though. The plastic base is stiff so it won't conform to the shape of the paw.

Gabor Ford, Women Wedge Heels Sandals, Brown (Brown Nubuk Lavato), 6.5 UK (40 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabor shoes never disappoint - I can order my size and be confident ..., 18 Jun. 2015
Gabor shoes never disappoint - I can order my size and be confident they will always fit just the same which takes the uncertainty out of buying online. I really like this style and colour and they are lovely and soft inside.

Newest Replacement LCD Screen and Digitizer for iPhone 5 - White
Newest Replacement LCD Screen and Digitizer for iPhone 5 - White
Offered by Shiny&Shiny

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful waste of money and time, 4 Mar. 2015
I wish I had not bought this appalling product. It does not work and it wastes literally hours of your time installing and re-installing. Each time I did it, something else failed to work properly: the home key didn't work, then the screen was just covered in bars, and to cap it all the screws on the phone became wrecked in the attempt. I finally gave up and contacted a local trader who installs new Apple screens, and he said he wouldn't touch it because a repair had already been attempted so he wouldn't take a risk on it. So not only did I lose the cost of the screen, I have had to buy a new phone too. Don't be tempted!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3