Profile for stephencurtis20 > Reviews

Levelling The Land
Levelling The Land
Price: 16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 years of magnitude?, 3 Dec 2002
This review is from: Levelling The Land (Audio CD)
Another purchase that was a good idea! This was my favourite tape while in the 6th form many years ago. But technology meant my TDK tape became obsolete! Been years since I last had the pleasure and was a little aprehensive as the memory often remembers the past to be better than it was, nostalgia eclipses fact. Not the case with Levelling the Land. If you were an indie boy or girl in the early 90s then you'll love this. The Import version has 15 years on it (successful single released after the original albulm and added on later versions) which is a bonus. A CD of folk, rock, happy, hippy, guitar, violin, political views wrapped up in some very good and accessible tunes. 10 years on from its release and it still hits the mark for me.

Hunting High And Low
Hunting High And Low
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Pop with a little bit more, 28 Nov 2002
This review is from: Hunting High And Low (Audio CD)
This was the first albulm I ever owned from about 1986 I think. It is as good as I remember. The pure pop excellence of Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV really stand the test of time, sounding fresh to this day. The textured keyboards and the beauty, yes sheer beauty (!), of Morten Harket's voice shines in the title track and Living A Boy's Adventure Tale. Maybe its my age but this remains, in my opinion, a classic pop albulm and I would recommend it to all those who remember A-ha. ...