Profile for Mr. K. R. Denvir > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. R. Denvir

Mr. K. R. Denvir (Orkney Islands)

Page: 1 | 2
No Matter What
No Matter What
by Debi Gliori

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: No Matter What (Paperback)
Wonderful way of helping kids understand that the're not their behaviour and are loved unconditionally. Very clever and poignantly put into verse. Excellent purchase for everyone in our family.

Settling Troubled Pupils to Learn: Why Relationships Matter in School
Settling Troubled Pupils to Learn: Why Relationships Matter in School
by Louise Michelle Bomber

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for ALL school staff!, 31 Dec 2013
This book brings the experience of 2 exceptional careers working with children and families affected in some by trauma. The understanding and suggestions for interventions and support are spot on and I can say have assisted my work with some very challenged youngsters in schools. Has also helped me greatly with my 2 adopted children at home. Any headteacher commited to inclusive practice should read this and base some ongoing CPD on its content.

Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
by Laura Markham

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best book on the subject yet!, 31 Dec 2013
Read this book on the back of dozens of others including 'Playful Parenting' which was excellent, but this one really hits home. Written in everyday simple language and with dozens of examples and real life experiences this helps put parenting into the context it belongs. It is not something you "DO" it is something you have been and will always be a "PART OF". Parenting should be looked at within the context of every influence within a family system - many of those parts outwith our awareness and control - until you can become aware of them. This book has already made a vast difference to the approach I adopt with our children (2 within an adoptive family) and the family atmosphere and harmony which now permeates our lives. That doesn't mean we don't have our "moments" but it does mean I don't beat myself up and am able to support my kids realise that life is a journey of ups and downs. Showing our kids how we deal with upset and conflict and being able to make repairs quickly and with positive connection has transformed our family. First class book and highly recommeded from a counsellor and avid reader on child development.

The Great Behavior Breakdown
The Great Behavior Breakdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for ALL parents!, 12 Sep 2013
This insightful book has explained and made understandable the development of a childs brain and the difficulties that follow trauma for children. Bryan Post is able to logically put together explanations for behaviour children may display and gives workable and concrete strategies to help children and parents re-connect and enjoy the relationships that are fundamental to a happy and peaceful life. Amazon is however more expensive than buying from [...] where it can be downloaded for $3.95 and a massive discount on the book itself delivered free from USA.

GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02
Offered by Gtechonline

1.0 out of 5 stars Slightly better than a toy!, 20 May 2012
GTECH Cordless Sweeper 7.2v NiMH SW02Although light and easy to handle this product is underpowered and not able to perform on a charge for more than 7 or 8 minutes. I have found it frustrating to use but for a very quick brush over a hard floor it does have some benefits. It struggles to turn the brushes on even a very short pile carpet! The product spec implied higher performance and I now wish I had taken the worst reviews into account before buying. My daughter uses it as a toy now and it is not worth the price tag. I use the dust pan and brush as my first option again and feel dupped by the positive reviews and supplier description. All in my humble opinion!

Energie Men's Peet Jeans  Leg Blue Denim 32W
Energie Men's Peet Jeans Leg Blue Denim 32W

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely jeans but......, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Energie Men's Peet Jeans (Apparel)
Lovely jeans but......frustratingly big for size. I am fortunate having most 32w jeans fit well but these were generous and may be worth getting a size below normal. Also twice sent 34L when 32L ordered so ended up with no jeans. Dissappointed! Would be 5* if they were accurately sized.

A Lonely Place To Die [Blu-ray]
A Lonely Place To Die [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Melissa George
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb film, 26 Dec 2011
Loved this film! Spectacular Scottish mountains provide a stunning backdrop to this real action packed thriller. Cheek clenchingly good with outstanding performances from Melissa George, Ed Speleers and Sean Harris as the chillingly lethal killer.

Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive
by Daniel J. Siegel

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best advice I've ever had for parenting, 29 May 2011
I have worked with children for years as a teacher, parent, have fostered and have adopted children. This is the most comprehensive isight I've found into what really happens in parent child interactions from a social, developmental and scientific perspective. I have learned more about myself (and myself in relation to my children and family) through this book than all my previous years of training and experience. This book has been a journey well worth undertaking and a chance to have a deeper understanding of self within the context of building secure attachments with children, but ultimately in forming any important relationships in life. Thoroughly recommend for anyone interested in improving the quality of their relationships.

Liquid Millionaire: How to Make Millions from the Up and Coming Stock Market Boom
by Stephen Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes investing sound and feel much safer and secure., 18 Jan 2011
I have no doubt whatsoever, that the information in this book can and will produce hugely beneficial results to anyone that can share in the absolute belief communicated so eloquently by the author. ISA trend investing makes so much sense! Quite simply everyone should include this in their investment planning and, quite honestly, if you don't at least consider it, you are depriving yourself and your loved ones of possibly the most potentially successful wealth building strategy currently available. I've been aware of long term investing, income investing, day trading and other variable risk strategies. Now Stephen Sutherland has brought to my attention high probability trend investing which highlights the massive potential of proactive risk management. His concept that you follow the smart money using a combination of current trends, past performance and importantly fund manager success momentum, should clearly put this book at the very top of every investor and potential investors must read List.

Caught In The Act [DVD]
Caught In The Act [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt Lipsey at his best!, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: Caught In The Act [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this earlier this year in Cinema in Wales and couldn't stop laughing. Mat Lipsey is a comedy genious and in this film he uses the talent he showed us with 'Dom Jolly' and 'Little Britain' to wonderful effect. The back drop of the beautiful welsh valleys adds to a hilareous and heartwarming insight into relationships, greed and temptation, the ultimate triumph of frienship and community and the impersonal nature of corporations and beaurocracy. I loved it and have placed my order for the DVD now too!
Well worth watching for a highly entertaining night in.

Page: 1 | 2