Profile for CountryGirl > Reviews

Content by CountryGirl

CountryGirl

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
PowerShot SX600 HS Compact Digital Camera - White (16MP, 18x Optical Zoom, 36x ZoomPlus, WiFi, NFC) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great little camera, 10 Nov. 2015
This is a great little camera. Bought to replace a much-loved Panasonic TZ7 and every bit as good if not better. It performs well in low light, even just moonlight, flash photos are good, and it responds quickly to changes in light or location. It's not quite as intuitive to use as the Panasonic and it took me a little while to find my way around the menus and features. Although small it feels very solid the hand and battery life is excellent. Overall a very nice camera.

5 Piece EZ Move Furniture Lifter and Sliders
5 Piece EZ Move Furniture Lifter and Sliders
Offered by SDS11

3.0 out of 5 stars But I'm sure we will find them useful from time to time, 10 Nov. 2015
Bought these to relocate some heavy furniture during building and decorating. The lifter is a big help and avoids bending and straining the back, neck & shoulders, even our decorators were impressed. The slider pads worked well on wood, vinyl and tiled surfaces for 'average' weight modern furniture, but really heavy pieces didn't budge unless you pushed near the base of the item which of course means bending - or sitting on the floor and pushing with your feet, not ideal when you're 74! But I'm sure we will find them useful from time to time.

Satechi 7-Port USB Charging Station Dock for iPhone 6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S, iPad Air/Mini/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/S6/S5/S4/S3/Note/Note2/Tab, iPod, Nexus, HTC, and more (7-Port Black)
Offered by SATECHI

5.0 out of 5 stars If your family uses todays technology you NEED this !, 10 Nov. 2015
With this device I have reclaimed a lot of worktop space in my kitchen and several power points! The family no longer clutter up my kitchen with their phones, laptops, iPads and e-readers. It's neat and tidy with all devices grouped in one small area, and most importantly it charges extremely quickly even when several devices are connected. It grips the surface it's on like a limpet so no fear of it being knocked off accidentally and the silicone rests ensure your phone or iPad will not be scratched while charging. I live in a rural area where power cuts are frequent so I'm particularly pleased that each port has a surge protector. It's good quality and well made I just wish I'd bought one sooner. Despatch and delivery was fast and efficient.

Wahl Curling Tong 9mm Steel ZX305
Wahl Curling Tong 9mm Steel ZX305

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great, small size, 31 Mar. 2015
I wanted a small diameter curling tong to use for doll wigs and mohair teddy bears. This is great, small size, easy and safe to use, and gets hot enough to curl hair but not singe it.

Unique Genuine Silicone Tub Stopper and Drain Plug for Kitchens, Bathrooms & Laundries.
Offered by Modn Style

5.0 out of 5 stars At last my sink can runneth over - if I want it to......, 31 Mar. 2015
This sink plug really works! Our ceramic kitchen sink is extra large and has a large chrome strainer/stopper with a rubber pad under the strainer. After about 12 months use the pad didn't form a watertight seal any more, water just drained away very quickly. Very annoying when you want to leave something to soak. I discovered you cannot buy replacement rubber pads you have to buy a complete unit. I tried a couple of other stoppers, including the black one with a metal centre disc, but they only just covered the edge of the plughole and any movement in the sink just dislodged them. Then I found this Mod'n Style Stopper. It's HUGE!! But it covers the plughole completely and it clings like a limpet! A full sink of water left overnight is still full in the morning, so it really does work. Only one small flaw with the design, the handle in the centre is very small and difficult to get a grip on with wet hands so I have to claw the edge of it up to release it - and it really doesn't want to let go. But overall it does the job really well.

Derwent Sketch and Store A5 Landscape Hard Back Sketch Book with Storage Pocket and Elasticated Strap, Wirebound Spine, 56 Sheets of 165gsm Acid Free Paper

Tempered Glass LCD Screen Protector w/ Storage Box Package for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 i9220
Offered by vococal-tech

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see clearly now, the plastic's gone!, 18 Jan. 2015
I always seem to be replacing plastic screen protectors as they get so scratched and smeared, and they're never easy to apply without air bubbles. This tempered glass protector is amazing, it almost applies itself, completely bubble free! Full instructions are included, though they are printed in gold on a translucent sleeve - not easy to read. So just slip a piece of white paper into the sleeve to make reading easier. Alcohol screen cleaners and a dust remover are included to be used before you apply the protector. The glass protector fits perfectly and clings to the screen like a limpet, but if you don't get it exactly right first time you can carefully ease it up from one corner and reapply. The glass is crystal clear and it does not finger mark. Delivery from China was about 10 days and it arrived wrapped in bubble wrap inside a rigid plastic box in a padded bag, but it was well worth the wait.

Crumpler Muffin Top 80, MUT80-002
Crumpler Muffin Top 80, MUT80-002

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera case, 14 Jan. 2015
This is a very well made, good quality camera pouch. Gives excellent protection for a compact digital camera, spare battery and memory card. I bought it to protect my Canon Powershot SX600HS when it's in my bag or pocket. It fits my camera perfectly but it's quite a chunky case best suited to a coat pocket. The opening edge of the case is quite rigid because all the different fabrics are joined here and that in itself adds some extra protection and holds my camera snugly, but it also slightly reduces the opening width measurement and the size of camera that will fit. Internal measurements are therefore 12cm long x 6.5cm wide (at the neck of the opening) x 4cm deep. My camera measures 10.5 x 6.2 x 2.5cm and it has ample room. The accessory pocket under the front flap is big enough for a rectangular battery (not AA batteries) and a couple of memory cards (not in cases) and I like that they are in an exterior pocket rather than in the same compartment as the camera where they might rub against the casing. The velcro pads are large and strong and the belt carrier at the back has 2 velcro fasteners so it will definitely not come adrift from your belt or bag strap unnoticed. The shoulder strap is a good length and strong and easily removed if you don't wish to use it. The outer fabric is shower repellent - water just sits on the surface, and there is an additional interior shower baffle around the top edge of the case under the front flap. It's quite well padded throughout with a soft velour interior liner (no exposed seams). All in all it's a great value and very smart camera case.

Sony DSCHX50 Compact Digital Camera - Black (20.4MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy at your peril, 14 Jan. 2015
Bought to replace a much loved Panasonic TZ7. As technology has advanced since I bought my Panasonic, I spent quite some time researching compact cameras, reading both professional and user reviews, and had a hands-on demonstration at my local camera shop, so despite its slightly plasticky retro feel and appearance I had high expectations of this Sony. Amazon offered the best price, considerably cheaper than my high street store. OH WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!! The most important thing for me (and surely for every photographer) is picture quality and clarity, and I'm sorry to say this Sony failed abysmally. I simply could not get a clear, sharp image on ANY setting at ANY distance, even outdoors in bright daylight. When viewed in camera every image looked like an impressionist painting, and viewed on my computer they were horrendous! It was obvious that the image processing was either not working properly or was far too aggressive and destroying every photo. It's good points (yes there were some) were its ease of handling, all the controls are well placed and menus are easy to navigate and intuitive. The zoom is impressive, but even on a tripod I couldn't get a sharp image at full length. Colour rendition is accurate and very natural, but because of the focussing problem photos of people look as if they have some horrible skin condition! A photo of my husband (who has a beard) taken from just 10 feet away looked as if he had wet tissue paper stuck around his face, not a single whisker was defined!! I've been a keen amateur photographer for twenty years so I'm not unfamiliar with cameras (both compacts and DSLRs) but try as I would I could not take even a half decent image with this camera. I eventually managed to get two better photos on the manual setting - but I don't buy an automatic camera to have to use it on manual all the time! I can only conclude that there was a fault with the model I was sent. I returned it and purchased a Canon.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2015 10:01 PM GMT

Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card
Offered by Limestone

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Jan. 2015
Card seems to be fine - and fast in use. Delivered quickly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9