Profile for David H. Osborne > Reviews

Content by David H. Osborne

David H. Osborne (Mandurah West Australia)

Red Dust (Tierra De Pasion) Spanish Import
Red Dust (Tierra De Pasion) Spanish Import
Dvd ~ Forrester Harvey
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good film, 22 Oct. 2011
Made in 1932 this is a favourite film of mine. I've just replaced my video version with a dvd.Clark Gable and Jean Harlow are great in this movie.Also Mary Astor. Both the girls falling for Gable in a film set in Indochina. Well worth a look.

The Fifth Musketeer ( Das Geheimnis der eisernen Maske ) ( The 5th Musketeer )
The Fifth Musketeer ( Das Geheimnis der eisernen Maske ) ( The 5th Musketeer )
Dvd ~ Sylvia Kristel
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 22 Oct. 2011
A film I enjoyed on video and had in my collection.If you are into the "Three Musketeers" type movie you will like this film. When replaced by a dvd version all the nude scenes with Sylvia Kristal and Ursula Andress had been removed. In an attempt to get an uncut version I purchased through a private seller via Amazon.The dvd arrived promptly and it was in good condition. The packaging was all in Spanish and although there was a link to change the soundtrack to English the link would not work.I suppose its a case of you win some, and you lose some. It's still a film worth watching though if you can get one with an English soundtrack.

What Price Glory [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
What Price Glory [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Cagney Rules, 22 Oct. 2011
A great film. I have just replaced my video copy with a dvd version.Set in World War one trenches in France Cagney commands the screen in every scene he is in. Highly Recommended even if you are not a Cagney fan.

Hammer Glamour
Hammer Glamour
by Marcus Hearn

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk down memory lane., 25 July 2010
This review is from: Hammer Glamour (Hardcover)
Being middle aged and a life long film fan I spent a lot of my film watching youth going to watch the Hammer made movies. One of the perks of these great films were the beautiful women they had in them. Valerie Leon and Madeline Smith being favourites.Now in the days of dvds I have a section of my collection dedeicated to Hammer films. The book was a "must have." Nice to see all the girls again and some info about them in the book.A very happy walk down movie memory lane. Highly recommended.