Profile for Gemma Ford > Reviews

Content by Gemma Ford

Gemma Ford "gem" (antrim)

The Lost Daughter
The Lost Daughter
by Diane Chamberlain

5.0 out of 5 stars something else, 5 July 2009
This review is from: The Lost Daughter (Paperback)
totally loved this book. it gripped me from the blurb at the back. I finished it in 2 days, that is my only fault. I wanted it to go on and on. so many gripping characters and twisting story lines. I did not see the outcome coming at all..... all i can say is please read it!! it's one of those can't put it down books.... you will not be disappointed!
from a literary point of view, perhaps it isn't the best written..... however a book like this needs to be seen for what it is.... an amazing story!! i totally loved it and will be telling anyone who listens to go find it!!!!

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 30 April 2008
This review is from: The Kite Runner (Paperback)
i read the back of this book in shops... convinced it wasn't my type of thing (i'm not that into war etc). when the film came out and everyone wanted to go, i thought..... i need to read the book first. so i gave in and bought the book. i ended up having it finished in days.... the book is truly amazing. i adored every moment of it, the flow throughout keeps you begging for more! I actually learnt a lot through its content. I advise anyone to give it a try and i promise you will enjoy it. ps the film is good too.

On Chesil Beach
On Chesil Beach
by Ian McEwan

5.0 out of 5 stars what more can i say.... Ian McEwan, 28 Oct. 2007
This review is from: On Chesil Beach (Hardcover)
I have yet to read any of Ian McEwan's books and be disappointed. I held off and held off buying this book until i was going on holiday.... all i can say its not a book to read while sunbathing.... i had it finished in one afternoon (and got burnt!!) . I could not put it down.... fantastically written with twists and turns that keep you turning the pages!! It leaves you thinking as all his books do..... if only they had....!!

amazing read.... i would encourage anyone of any age to read this or any other of Ian McEwan's masterpieces.