Profile for Deborah Cowell > Reviews

Homeopathy for Weight Loss: What Homeopathic Remedies to Use and Why
Homeopathy for Weight Loss: What Homeopathic Remedies to Use and Why
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars At least it's cheap, 19 April 2013
I've had a quick skim through this pamphlet, as I was quite intrigued. It seems to make sense; after all, the practice of homeopathy involves putting absolutely nothing in your body, so I presume that principle, when applied to dietary matters, will also cause you to lose weight. But then I realised that the water containing absolutely nothing is put onto sugar pills, so it would probably be less likely to help you lose weight than not taking them.
A look at the first page reassured me that it is the usual practice of extracting money from vulnerable people, by convincing them that some water with absolutely no possibility of active ingredients in it will somehow raise their metabolic rate, and will magically solve their problems. If the trip to the purveyor of potions doesn't work, they can increase the dose (ie take a more dilute potion) but that will require a visit to a licensed homeopath. More energy expended, less money now available for fattening treats. I can see how it might work.
Oh well, at least it's not pushing homeopathic vaccines, or suggesting it might help with epidemics of measles. Even the British Homeopathic Association have come out and said that it doesn't work for that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 7:04 PM BST

Melanie's Marvelous Measles
Melanie's Marvelous Measles
by Stephanie Messenger
Price: 12.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously ill informed, 29 Dec 2012
I can only assume that the author was born after the successful vaccination programme made people complacent about the dangers of measles. I was not so lucky. In the epidemic that occurred when I was a child I was nearly blinded, and still have scars on my eyeballs. I was the lucky one in the family; my sister died from complications. This book is dangerous and irresponsible, and could cost children's lives.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 7:02 PM BST