Profile for Maxieduncan > Reviews

Content by Maxieduncan

Maxieduncan

The Reality Dysfunction: The Nights Dawn trilogy: Book One (Nights Dawn Trilogy 1)
Price: 4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Becomes more paranormal than science fiction, 22 Feb 2014
What started out as a fairly average science fiction opera descended into a bizarre paranormal story with characters being possessed and gaining amazing powers. Not really my cup of tea and I gave up half way through.

Fitness Mad 500Kg Studio Pro Swiss Ball 75cm
Fitness Mad 500Kg Studio Pro Swiss Ball 75cm
Offered by PHYSIOSTORE
Price: 22.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and bouncy, 1 Oct 2013
Product is as described and seems really solid. Exactly what I was looking for, just have to remember to buy yourself a pump

Flair Rugs Retro Funky Pixel Rug, Multi, 160 x 225 Cm
Flair Rugs Retro Funky Pixel Rug, Multi, 160 x 225 Cm
Offered by rugsite
Price: 33.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Very purple and pink, 1 Oct 2013
Actual product looks a lot more purple and pink than in the picture. Still good quality and product is as described

A Fortress of Grey Ice: Sword of Shadows Vol 2
A Fortress of Grey Ice: Sword of Shadows Vol 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Start of the descent, 26 Sep 2011
This book wasn't as good as the first but far better than the third. I still thought there might be potential in this series after reading this, the next convinced me that there wasn't.

A Cavern of Black Ice: The Sword of Shadows, book 1
A Cavern of Black Ice: The Sword of Shadows, book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to a poor series, 26 Sep 2011
I enjoyed this book and when finished I bought the next three books. This was a mistake as what begins as a promising story quickly descends into a dull pointless experience.

Watcher of the Dead (The Sword of Shadows Book 4)
Watcher of the Dead (The Sword of Shadows Book 4)
Price: 5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the last, 26 Sep 2011
While this was better than the last and I didn't skip any chapters I've given up on this series now.

A Sword from Red Ice: Sword of Shadows Book Three
A Sword from Red Ice: Sword of Shadows Book Three
Price: 7.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Drag, 26 Sep 2011
This book was a big disappointment and left me with the conclusion the author is just trying to drag the series out as long as possible. It's never a good thing when you just start skipping whole chapters because you're not interested and know you won't be missing any missing any essential part to the plot. While the first book was promising, based on this one, the third in the series, I really wouldn't bother.

The Cactus Eaters: How I Lost My Mind - and Almost Found Myself - on the Pacific Crest Trail (P.S.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not always so entertaining, 20 Aug 2011
A bit more about the trail and a little less of an insight into the crazy world of the authors head would have been nice. There are genuinely funny parts along the way, and the author shows a willingness to paint him self in a bad light but he often comes across as petty, if not cruel, and parts that I suspect were meant to be humerous just left me cold.
Still an entertaining read and one that ultimately I did enjoy.

A Galaxy Unknown: (A Galaxy Unknown, Book 1)
A Galaxy Unknown: (A Galaxy Unknown, Book 1)
Price: 2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars What's up with all the 5 stars?, 27 Mar 2011
This is an OK read but as some others have mentioned it's a bit hard to see how it got so many 5 star ratings. I bought this book mainly on those ratings and found myself disappointed with the amateurish plot and dialogue.

I won't be buying any more books in the series.

LUPO iPad Neoprene Bag Case - BLACK
LUPO iPad Neoprene Bag Case - BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 9 July 2010
Like mentioned before is a little long length ways but does a fantastic job of protecting my iPad while it's in my bag. For the price you're not going to find much better.