Profile for DDUK > Reviews

Content by DDUK

DDUK

How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!
How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Book from a Best Selling Author, 24 Sept. 2012
I bought this book expecting to like it. Even if it wasn't the best thing since sliced bread (which I actually thought it would be), I did expect that there would be some helpful take-home points.

Unfortunately, after three hours of waiting for the "aha moment" to come...the point where I'd find some helpful tips or ideas or inspiration, I finished the book and it never came.

The book is more a memoir than a "how to" book -- I do appreciate all that John Locke has achieved, in both his previous careers and with his publishing -- and I do believe that he is a really talented guy...but I bought this book to learn about selling eBooks, not to read rambling anecdotes about the author's successes.

When the book finally gets down to brass tacks (if you do decide to purchase this book, feel free to skip to the end), the tips were incredibly obvious (namely, cater to your audience and build a following on twitter).

Again, I do think that the author's success has been fantastic, and as a memoir, this book has its nice moments, but as a "how to" book, it's a complete waste of time.