Profile for Paul Brittain > Reviews

Content by Paul Brittain

Paul Brittain (bassins ch)

Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)
Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Nov. 2014
Apparently I can't get one until January 2016. Don't think much of that...

Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, found it very readable and I understood it., 6 Nov. 2013
I have been looking for a way of learning how the new responsive sites work. I needed to get some idea of the actual subject itself and so I chose this book as a starter. It has held me all the way through. I believe I have a better understanding of the concepts involved and I am eager to learn more

Verso Prologue AntiqueTan, Tan  [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]
Verso Prologue AntiqueTan, Tan [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and ideal for the HD Fire, 28 Nov. 2012
Someone came over and asked what book I was reading as it looked so inviting. I was reading in the gym while doing some cycling. I said "well it contains hundreds actually". Person was well impressed.

Tenba 632-301 Shootout Small Backpack - Olive/Black
Tenba 632-301 Shootout Small Backpack - Olive/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 28 Nov. 2012
I found this just the job. It was the one recommended for the Google Trusted Photographer scheme. Full of useful pockets to keep all your bits and pieces in place.

Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Offered by activeleisure

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 11 Aug. 2011
Only just received this but I unpacked a fairly heavy box with a tightly squeezed bed. Plugged it in an it was soon a large wonderful comfy bed. Sounds just like a hoover. So far so good and the kids love it as it is like a trampoline in a bedroom.

Fujifilm FinePix 3D W3 Digital Camera (10.2MP, 3 x Optical Zoom, 3.5 inch LCD Screen) Bundled with HDMI 1.4 Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed, 4 Mar. 2011
I have only had this camera for 2 weeks but the images are so good and so novel I am really excited and my kids have had excellent fun looking at them. My only problem at the moment is that the HD movie cuts off very quickly and so you only get about 8 to 10 seconds worth of video. Perhaps this is a setting issue I haven't found yet or so you don't use up all the memory I don't know. I will continue to experiment.
As usual with Fujifilm the camera feels solid and the dials are fairly intuitive. Mind you I have three fujifilm cameras so I may be biased here.
Have fun with this camera. I have the feeling this is the way to go. When you load this onto your computer you still have the same view (but not 3D) available from one of the lenses so don't worry about not being able to see your snaps without 3D.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2012 12:36 AM BST

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - something good..., 31 Jan. 2011
Bought this recently and what a breath of fresh air it was too. I have to be home with 2 toddlers and hence going to the gym was out of the option. This Kinect gym-a-like is perfect, almost uncanny, in encouraging you to do better. I was impressed by the response of the system and the ability to pick up on your technique if you start to flag. Looking forward to getting into a regular routine. I hope to set 1/2 hour aside at least once every two days to keep myself fit. My littlies like to help out and I can concentrate on it when they are fast asleep.

1/18 Scale Ready Made Die Cast -  Morris Minor Police Car Light Blue/White
1/18 Scale Ready Made Die Cast - Morris Minor Police Car Light Blue/White
Offered by mondomodelcars

4.0 out of 5 stars a charming toy, 3 Dec. 2009
I bought this to provide my 2 year old daughter with some extra playability than a normal toy die cast toy. I was charmed by this car. Its doors, boot and bonnet all open and the steering wheel even operates the wheels. I thought initially that I would display it on a shelf as it looked great but life is short and I felt that it was best as a learning toy. I'm afraid the small side mirrors and aerial have come off in the playing of it but apart from that it has held up well and has provided no end of fun.