Profile for Louise > Reviews

TOMMEE TIPPEE CLOSER TO NATURE DECORATED BOTTLES X2 Pink
TOMMEE TIPPEE CLOSER TO NATURE DECORATED BOTTLES X2 Pink
Offered by The Fuzzy Bear Family

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what was pictured, 21 April 2016
I chose these bottles for the unusual design. Instead I received the standard pink TT bottles with the pear design. Also, the packaging was open when it was delivered.

BONAMART ® 6 Pairs Baby Girl Boy Newborn Toddler High long Socks Cotton Leggings Leg Warmer
Offered by BONAMART CO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend them., 3 Nov. 2015
I bought these for my 7 month old who has a spica cast. They fit perfectly and looked lovely. They took a while to arrive, though. I would recommend them.

Jaffa Cakes Royal Men's T-Shirt, Size XL
Jaffa Cakes Royal Men's T-Shirt, Size XL
Offered by Jekat

5.0 out of 5 stars still in good condition, it gave him a giggle as Stargate ..., 30 Aug. 2015
Bought this for my other half as a Christmas present, it's now September and the top has been washed and tumble dried countless times, still in good condition, it gave him a giggle as Stargate fan, a fantastic buy all round.

A Series of Unfortunate Events Collection: Books 1-13 with Bonus Material: The Bad Beginning, The Reptile Room, The Wide Window, The Miserable Mill, The ... Grim Grotto, The Penultimate Peril, The End

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, 12 Oct. 2013
I really enjoyed these books when I was younger but didn't get very far into them. I feel the later books aren't as good as the earlier ones. The wordplay gets a bit tired and the mysteries aren't solved. However, I am now rather older than the target audience! I would read them to my children when I have them.

Locked Up In La Mesa
Locked Up In La Mesa

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 16 Jun. 2013
Once I stated reading this book I couldn't put it down and finished it in a few hours. Really fun writing style, great stories.

The Apple: Crimson Petal Stories
The Apple: Crimson Petal Stories

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Jan. 2013
Although it has a couple of entertaining stories, I couldn't help but be disappointed after the quality of the original story. This book failed to answer the questions I wanted answered, and many of the characters went in a direction I just didn't like.

The Crimson Petal and the White
The Crimson Petal and the White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Dec. 2012
I bought this book for kindle when I lost my print version. A wonderful story I can't recommend highly enough.

Nineteen Minutes
Nineteen Minutes
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Book that made me fall in love with Picoult, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Nineteen Minutes (Paperback)
Love this book to bits. Definitely one of Picoults best. Maybe a little bit predictable but the suspense and moral questioning is superb.

Sing You Home
Sing You Home
by Jodi Picoult

3.0 out of 5 stars Started Well, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Sing You Home (Hardcover)
I was quite excited to read this book because I have personal experiences with fertility issues. I actually cried in the first couple of chapters but after that I felt the quality dropped off, and I really disliked the ending.
I listened to the music in the first couple of chapters but didn't bother after that, although the couple I listened to I liked. But that's just me-I'd rather just read! I love music and books but the recent fad of soundtracks to books just doesn't work for me.
Usually I like Jodi Picoult's work because she comments on contraversial topics but remains mostly neutral. However, I felt there was a serious agenda to this book and her personal opinion was really pushed onto you. I'm no homophobe, but you can really see how her sons coming out (mentioned in the preface) influenced the book.
So 3 stars for such a good beginning, but not something I'll be rereading.

****SPOILER BELOW****

And what the f about Reid in the epilogue? From what I see he tried to be a good guy throughout the book, and he got shafted with no explanation??
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 7:05 PM BST

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo DS)
Offered by My Bay Hospice

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it at all, 29 Jan. 2012
I found this game awful. To be fair, I didn't get very far in before I threw it to one side. I swear there were better graphics on my old super nintendo. Constant text. Constant! Everything you do is explained to you for about 5 minutes before you actually do it. I played for about an hour, got inside Bowser and it was like it was still a tutorial. I can't beleive it has so many 5* reviews. Thank God I picked it up really cheap or I would be fuming.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2012 9:31 PM GMT