Profile for Paul Anderson > Reviews

Content by Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson (Bolton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
14 Epson 18 XL Series Compatible Ink Cartridges. 3 Full sets of T1816 and 2 Black, including 5x T1811 Black, 3x T1812 Cyan, 3x T1813 Magenta and 3x T1814 Yellow
Offered by PerfectPrint

4.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 21 July 2014
Excellent value for money, but every time I replace a cartridge with one of these, the printer tells me that I am using non-standard cartridges, despite these being Epson own brand.

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems honest, 14 Jun 2014
I read samples of all four autobiographies before settling on Paul's. I've been a KISS fan since 1976, so was dying to read all the gossip, but I was surprised at how open and honest he came across.

As an insight into how four dysfunctional misfits created the most famous rock band in the world it was fascinating, and he pulls no punches about his own faults as well as those of his fellow band members.

I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Dredd
Dredd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insight, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Dredd (Kindle Edition)
I loved this file (please let there be a sequel... If The Smurfs can get a sequel then surely a good film should be able to get one). It was fascinating to get some insights into the original ideas, especially how different Ma-Ma is imagined here in the shooting script, presumably before they got Lena in to play the part.

A good look at a great film, and if there is any justice in this world, there will be a sequel.

Voggenreiter Cool Cajon - Union Jack
Voggenreiter Cool Cajon - Union Jack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my set-up, 26 July 2013
Finally I can get out from behind the drum kit in acoustic numbers instead of just sitting quietly in the dark. It looks great and sounds great, and the "how to" book was simple and concise.

Clockwork Angels
Clockwork Angels

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating concept, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Clockwork Angels (Kindle Edition)
A book that ties in with the album... Does it work? Well mostly that's a yes, but at times you did feel that the plot was a little convoluted, and the ending was a bit disappointing.
I did enjoy playing "spot the Rush lyric" in the text, especially when slipped into conversations between the characters, which I thought was a nice touch.
Overall it was worth reading, but I think I'd rather they had novelised 2112, which i felt was a stronger album.

Morphy Richards 73231 Never Loses Suction Family and Pets Compact Cylinder
Morphy Richards 73231 Never Loses Suction Family and Pets Compact Cylinder
Offered by Lunneys Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson killer? Maybe - for the price, 1 July 2012
Having always owned Dysons in the past, this little fella had some pretty big shoes to fill... However, this turned out to be an excellent little cleaner. It's compact, was easy to put together and a powerful little vacuum. We have 5 cats and a dog, and it's been great for lifting shed fur out of the carpet. The "power" head is great, getting deep into the pile and bringing it back up again. In fact it is so powerful that if we use the standard head, my wife has trouble pushing it over the carpet.
Tool storage is excellent as well, with the tools clicking firmly into the handle, so they are always there when you need them, and the telescopic tube is great. Also it has a long power cord, which is something so many manufacturers seem to miss out on, meaning you don't have to unplug it so often to move from room to room.

If I have any complaints it's that it does have a tendency to fall over if you try an sharp turn with it as the wheelbase isn't particularly wide, but on the whole we're extremely pleased with it.

STM Bags Scout Medium Shoulderbag 15 inch - Olive
STM Bags Scout Medium Shoulderbag 15 inch - Olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 1 July 2012
THis is a great laptop bag. It's sturdy, looks good and has plenty of room for my Macbook Pro, iPad, paperwork and chargers. The front pockets are spacious and the padded laptop compartment is snug and secure (although if you have a protective sleeve on your 15" laptop it will not fit in here). I don't know how waterproof it is, as I've been lucky enough to avoid the rain so far, but it looks like it should be at least "heavy shower" proof.
The shoulder strap is adjustable to a good length, and the connections to the bag pivot easily; if there's one thing that drives me mad it's twisted straps, but this design seems to avoid those really well. The strap pad is wide and comfy on your shoulder (which is good because with everything in it the bag is quite heavy).

All in all an excellent bag, and I would recommend it to other Apple users rather than the grossly overpriced bags in the Apple store... And for those of you still shackled to Microsoft, it fits a 15' Dell XPS just as well.

LMP Bluetooth Keypad with 28 Keys (Standalone and Connectable with Apple Wireless Keyboard)
Offered by eoutlet-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 Aug 2011
I was a little wary of this product after some of the mixed reviews it got. Sure it's a slightly different silver, and it's plastic rather than brushed aluminium, but it works just fine.
It sits alongside your keyboard and the connector works great, so it looks like one long keyboard. Not only is it good to have a numeric keypad back, but the Delete ket function is great to (I really missed this), and Home and End keys too!
All in all, I would recommend this to anyone not wanting to buy the wired Mac keyboard who needs a numeric keypad.

Vaveliero Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad
Vaveliero Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad

4.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, but shop around, 18 July 2011
I recently bought one of these, and I have to say it's great. I've been a long time user of the iPad for meetings and general work (rather than just home use), and also use writing apps (usually PenUltimate) for all kinds of note taking. However buying this has changed that... Now I just set my iPad up and use Pages as if I was working on a laptop.
THe cover itself looks great, very professional for higher level meetings (I found the genuine Apple cover was beginning to look scruffy and was hard to clean). The padding offers good protection for the iPad, and the mutli position option is great for getting just the right viewing angle. The keyboard is responsive, with a positive feel, but (and this is what loses it the 5th star), the keys are a little small, and some of the peripheral key positions are non-standard, so it can take a little getting used to. Once you are used to it however it is as fast as working on your desktop or laptop.

I would however say to shop around, as I managed to get this for £[] in a sale at HMV, and have seen a wide range of prices quoted from various sources.

TeckNet® iEP380 5000mAh Dual-Port External Battery Pack and Charger for "The new iPad" the 3rd Gen ipad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4S 4 3G, iPod Touch (1G to 5G), Android (Samsung Galaxy Note S S2, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V), Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Droid(Motorola Razr), Plus Major Tablet PCs with 5V input (Samsung, Blackberry, HTC) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Dec 2010
This has been a fabulous purchase, I wish I'd bought months ago. As I travel with both an iPhone and an iPad and have a terrible memory (thus forgetting to charge them up before I go anywhere), this gadget has been a godsend. I charged it up when I first got it, and since then have charged my iPhone twice and my iPad once from it, and it's still showing 3 blue lights on the front.
I can truly say I'd be lost without it now, I just need to remember to put it in my bag before I travel :-).

Page: 1 | 2