Profile for Mr. J. J. Hazelden > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. J. Hazelden

Mr. J. J. Hazelden

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ozeri WeightMaster II 200 kg Digital Bathroom Scale with BMI and Weight Change Detection (Black)
Offered by Ozeri UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating scales, 6 May 2015
I really liked these scales. They look modern and stylish and do their job well. Showing both BMI and how much gained or lost since last weigh in make these scales a really good motivation for weight loss. And really handy being able to have so many profiles stored on there as I have 6 people in my family. My only complaint is that they don't show the weight in stone, only in lbs or kgs.

Pisces: A Zodiac Twin Flame Novel Book 1 (The Zodiac Twin Flame Series)
Pisces: A Zodiac Twin Flame Novel Book 1 (The Zodiac Twin Flame Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars it is a great mix of romance with the paranormal, 9 April 2015
I'm giving this novel 4.5 stars. Slightly different from Rachel's other works, it is a great mix of romance with the paranormal.

The idea is that there are people here on earth, here with a specific mission to find their twin flame, their soul mate, in order to keep the idea of love alive. The paranormal side is shown when the characters are shown to have certain abilities that normal humans just can't demonstrate, like breathing underwater.

There is more than just love at stake and the events that unfold certainly have you turning the pages fast. A brilliant mix of drama, superb banter between characters and I found it to be a great start to what I hope is an excellent series. A unique concept that translates well onto paper and I think if you are a fan of romance/paranormal you will definitely enjoy

The Deadliners: Third Wave: Spirits Trilogy Book 3
The Deadliners: Third Wave: Spirits Trilogy Book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars a series that gets better with each book, 9 Mar. 2015
This series continues to get better. With new dangers looming and old faces showing up, just how will the new wave of Deadliners handle themselves? Fast paced, witty and filled with fantastic characters, a brilliant read.

Avoidables 6
Avoidables 6

4.0 out of 5 stars More questions but also more answers, the drama continues…., 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Avoidables 6 (Kindle Edition)
Love this series. Each one reveals just a little bit more, enought to keep you interested, keep you guessing as to what might happen next. This time it was the turn of Henry, he appears to be perfect but he's hiding something, what happens when things are revealed leads to more questions being asked but also love blooms from the truth told...

Avoidables 5
Avoidables 5

5.0 out of 5 stars More detail, more depth, this series just keeps getting better, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Avoidables 5 (Kindle Edition)
And the plot thickens further. Another great read. This time we see more of what it is like in the Perfect compound. I feel with each part of the avoidables, the story becomes more detailed, gains more depth and I'm left wanting to know more about each character. Can't wait for number 6!!

Avoidables 4
Avoidables 4

5.0 out of 5 stars This series just keeps getting better, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Avoidables 4 (Kindle Edition)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for honest feedback. Having read the previous three books in this series I was eager to get stuck into this one and it didn't disappoint. The focus of this book is on Gina, the perfect who Jason was due to marry, can her perfect exterior be broken? This book seemed to have a change of pace and that was welcomed. The worlds of perfects and avoidables collide again and there is an relationship that begins which I did not see coming, I won't spoil it for you but lets just say Rachel is definitely keeping us on our toes with this serial. The more I read, the more the story is coming together as a whole, looking forard to reading number 5.

The Deadliners: New Generation: Spirits Trilogy Book 2
The Deadliners: New Generation: Spirits Trilogy Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars The series continues…., 28 Nov. 2014
Loved this story. It is the second book in the series, I felt it followed on well from the first story but it would also be easy enough to read without reading the original Deadliners first. Such a clever concept that translates well onto paper. Get reading!!

Choice! (Modern Dreams)
Choice! (Modern Dreams)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great novella with meaning behind it., 6 Nov. 2014
A short story full of teenage angst and for once written in British language rather than being Americanised. Although I have to admit slang words such as innit I found slightly irritating but they also made it authentic, real. Rachel writes in a clever way that gets you thinking but keeps you guessing, never quite sure which way the story is going to head. I'd like to see a full length novel made from this.

Avoidables 3
Avoidables 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs to read this series, 13 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Avoidables 3 (Kindle Edition)
Continuing on from book number 2, serial 3 focuses more on Jason, the perfect/angel.

In this story we see the trial for Sandor carry on, as evidence builds and witnesses step up, we learn more about the avoidable/perfect divide.

What I love in each continuation of the avoidables is that we see the characters grow and change. Becoming more emotionally ept, case in point Jason.

It was wonderful seeing him become more confident and more sure of himself and we get a bit more insight into just how he and Hope can close the divide that their world has grown accustomed too.

Packed with plenty of drama, the story flows through the pages. I am excited to see where Rachel's writing takes us in the next book.

Avoidables 2
Avoidables 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy mixed in with reality!!, 15 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Avoidables 2 (Kindle Edition)
Part 2 of 5. This series just keeps getting better. In this part we have more of Purple's story. The book itself is fast paced and the characters are wonderfully engaging, I feel myself getting really pulled in with each of their individual stories as well as the bigger picture which surrounds them all. The world of the avoidables and perfects isn't unlike our own, I think it sends a message across that people judge others too quickly, cliche but the saying is true, "you can't judge a book by it's cover". Cannot wait for serial 3.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3