Profile for Miss S. Hamilton > Reviews

Content by Miss S. Hamilton

Miss S. Hamilton "Orthodox Christian" (UK)

Turning the Heart to God
Turning the Heart to God
by The Recluse, St.Theophan

5.0 out of 5 stars From Pentecostal to Orthodox Christian - Amazing help!, 14 Jun 2014
I was a pentecostal Christian before, and after much searching I found the One True Church of Christ - the Orthodox Church. All the rich history, tradition, truth and holiness that I was longing for I found.

This book has been so helpful to me. It's nice to read a book by someone who lived for Christ and no for himself or money.

Highly recommended. x

Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Lotion - 400 ml
Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Lotion - 400 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Nourishing and Excellent On Face Too!, 17 April 2014
I have very reactive skin so I would only use this on my body, which is always felt soft, supple and hydrated. I then decided to take the risk and applyed it to my face. A few tense minutes later and my face was fine! In fact, it felt SUPER SOFT and calm. I'm shocked, but pleased!

The Way of a Pilgrim & The Pilgrim continues His Way - Spiritual Classics From Russia
by H. Bacovain

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying!, 1 Mar 2014
I am really enjoying this book, and can relate to the Pilgrim as a recent convert.

Highly recommended.

Yours in Christ,
Tamara

Journey to the Kingdom: An Insider's Look at the Liturgy and Beliefs of the Eastern Orthodox Church
by Vassilios Papavassiliou

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 1 Mar 2014
As a young convert to Orthodoxy from Pentecostalism this book has been a great source of understanding. It is clear and simply written.

Highly recommended for those new to the Faith.

Yours in Christ,

Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future
Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future
by Seraphim Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, 1 Mar 2014
This is a great book, and as a young convert to Orthodoxy it was important for me to understand as much as I could about other "denominations" and beliefs that are held.

This is the kind of book you read many times over because its contents is very relevant.

Yours In Christ,

Unseen Warfare
Unseen Warfare
by Lorenzo Scupoli

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Unseen Warfare (Paperback)
Highly recommended for everyone convert and cradle Orthodox, even non-Christians!

Very encouraging and covers every issue you can think of that one can struggle with.

As a young convert this book is invaluable to me.

In Christ,

Journey to Heaven: Counsels on the Particular Duties of Every Christian
Journey to Heaven: Counsels on the Particular Duties of Every Christian
by George Lardas

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for anyone, 1 Mar 2014
As a relatively recent convert to Orthodoxy, this book was a welcomed recommendation. It covers every issue and is a great reference.

Yours in Christ

25 Pack CLEANSING FACIAL FACE WIPES WITH MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL EXTARCT HYDRATING
25 Pack CLEANSING FACIAL FACE WIPES WITH MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL EXTARCT HYDRATING
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

5.0 out of 5 stars The only wipes I use!, 1 Mar 2014
For only £1 from Pound Land these wipes are a total bargain, but not just that they have the best ingredients I've seen at that price i.e. water, argan kernal oil, glycerine, vitamin e, aloe vera, castor oil, SALICYLIC ACID and zinc!

These wipes cleave my face well cleansed, hydrated and refreshed.

I've stocked up!

Sword of the Prophet: Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam
Sword of the Prophet: Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam
by Serge Trifkovic

5.0 out of 5 stars This book made me more interested in Christ, 28 Oct 2013
I'm enjoying this book, it's very to the point and logical. Mohammed certainly lived an interesting life and was clearly a great army commander, but I prefer to follow Christ's example.

Reading this book for me was about the whole picture, not the eloquent words but what this mans actions were, his desires, his mistakes. And this book humanises Mohammed.