Profile for Danny Boy > Reviews

SPIRIT 2100W BAGLESS CYLINDER VACUUM CLEANER
Offered by Gagi Spares
Price: 84.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Illegal in the EU from September 2014, 21 Aug 2014
Without wishing to sound like a Daily Mail reader or Nigel Farage, the EU interferes in our lives a little too much sometimes. This cleaner is one of the ones that will be banned. So if you want a really loud and strong cleaner, better get a move on.

Also, if you need real light bulbs they are readily available in many supermarkets once again. Don't put up with the "low energy" inferior quality ones if you don't want to,

WOVEN LUXURY CURTAINS Heavy Weight Jacquard Pencil Pleat Fully Lined Curtain Natural ( cream beige ivory ) Curtain 90x72 inches
Offered by Just Contempo
Price: 51.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Paid for in Groats, 29 July 2014
These are actually Curtina Hudson curtains; that's not made clear in the description.

They are lovely curtains for the price, but it took us a while to calculate the measurements we needed. These item was only available in "inches" which is about 2.54 cm. Given that the only people who use "inches" now live in nursing homes, and thus don't need to order curtains or carpets, I think Amazon and its traders need to move into the 21st Century.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 9:09 PM BST

Honeywell HS-216E Oscillating and Tilt Stand Fan - Black
Honeywell HS-216E Oscillating and Tilt Stand Fan - Black
Offered by Robert Veith
Price: 69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fan, 2 Sep 2013
It was hot and everything else was out of stock so I had to buy a larger fan than intended. What a lucky accident - this model is much better than the tower fan it replaced.

Easy to assemble, and not very noisy. Lovely bit of kit.

BestDealUK SCA 80 TO 68 Pin Ultra SCSI II/III LVD-SE Adapter
BestDealUK SCA 80 TO 68 Pin Ultra SCSI II/III LVD-SE Adapter
Offered by GLOBALOMOUK (Ships from HK 11-18 Business Days Delivery)
Price: 4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars SCSI Problem Solved, 2 Sep 2013
Knowing little about SCSI I managed to work out that the SCSI card in my PC was 68 bit, and that the spare drive I had was an 80 bit SCA. This little gadget enabled the SCA 80 drive to work with my SCSI card; the adaptor includes a power socket, since SCA includes power (68 pin does not).

One tip - try removing the ID setting jumper, it's normally not needed, and attempting to set it with the jumper caused my card to not recognise the drive.

Byzantium [DVD] [2013]
Byzantium [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Gemma Arterton
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars IMDB is a great resource, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Byzantium [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'm giving 5 stars to IMDB and every other movie reviewing site. As this movie is not yet released on DVD, you should visit such a site to read or write reviews. When the PRODUCT is available, I'll be happy read and perhaps write reviews of said product - information such as how many discs, video and audio quality, extras etc. So, keep up the 5 star work IMDB and others.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 4:02 PM BST

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 6 Core 3.30GHz - Asus M5A78L-M USB3 HDMI Motherboard - Patriot 8GB 1600MHz Dual Channel DDR3 VIPER 3 BLACK MAMBA RAM Memory - BU336 - PRE-ASSEMBLED COMPONENT BUNDLE
Offered by ADMI Limited UK
Price: 199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bundle, 11 Jun 2013
I have to give this five stars, even though I was unlucky; one of the two RAM chips was faulty. Once that problem had been diagnosed and solved in less time than it will take me to write this review, all was well.

I find the business of installing a CPU, paste and cooler to be a task too far for me, so a pre-installed powerful bundle such as this is perfect.

An old ATX case and 500W PSU were made available to me, so I now have a low cost powerful PC. Window Server 2003 installed most of the drivers manually (the Asus installer does not support that old OS) but when I tried Vista everything installed easily.

Recommended for low-end PC builders (like me) and above.

Duronic DM351X3 Single LCD LED Desk Mount Arm Monitor Stand Bracket with Tilt & Swivel (Tilt 15|Swivel 180|Rotate 360)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and Reasonable, 11 Jun 2013
Ah the joys of self-assembly. No flat pack nightmares here though, an easy job, helped by the clear instructions.

When assembled, the arm is robust and not unsightly. The vertically swivelling last joint was quite loose on mine; the plastic cover to the right (as looking towards the rear of the monitor) is easily removed and you can adjust the tension.

Now I can look directly ahead as I work, better for my posture.

Cartographer
Cartographer
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 17.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening at its finest, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Cartographer (Audio CD)
I stumbled across E.S. Posthumus and bought this double CD at the start of 2013. I keep trying to stop listening to it, in the car, at work all day, and even as I fall asleep, but it's so addictive that I've failed!

The language baffled me at first; it's actually a made-up language (like Klingon, Naavi or Dothraki) but seems to be Italian and Latin like. The singer on the first CD, Luna Sans, has a lovely voice.

I'm sad enough to have re-arranged the instrumental tracks on the second CD into the same order as the first (vocal) one, to go onto my car's MP3 player.

It's tragic that one of the men behind this music recently passed away.

Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black
Apple iPhone 4 16GB Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Retro Smartphone, 2 Mar 2012
The iPhone 4 has a small but high res screen, and comes with sub-average quality headphones (which I replaced with some Sony ones for about 15.

I experienced none of the reception problems that I had heard about. I had no trouble using the app store from the phone, no trouble using wireless networks or 3G.

The cons:-

1) The camera is a poor 5MP, and the image and video quality are not that good.
2) The only way to move music etc onto the phone from your PC or Mac is via the iTunes application. This enforces a lack of choice on the user, and I would not choose to use iTunes if I did not have to.
3) The screen is not large by today's standards. The design of the phone looks what it is, in 2012 - old, outdated and about to be replaced by a new one from Apple (one presumes).
4) The old iPhone gripes of a fixed battery and no smart cards.

A good friend loaned me an Android phone with a large screen; bye bye iPhone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 11:12 AM GMT

Romanzo Criminale - Stagione 02 (4 Dvd)
Romanzo Criminale - Stagione 02 (4 Dvd)
Dvd ~ Pasquale Catalano
Offered by d-uk
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling TV (no spoilers here present), 22 Jan 2012
Firstly, I should say that there ARE indeed English subtitles on the 10 episodes of the second season, and there are none on the special features.

Without revealing any plot issues, the second season is as compelling as the first. Some new characters are introduced, and the story moves through the 1980s. There is of course violence and some nudity; not a show for the prudish or squeamish.

I bought this DVD set because there is no sign, as far as I am aware, of Sky Arts showing season two in the near future.

Again, without revealing anything, I should like to assure you that there are no unanswered questions; the series is concluded in these 10 episodes.

Update: Sky Arts did indeed screen season two in 2012 and will probably show it again.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2013 2:07 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3