Profile for Ms. L. J. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. J. Thomas

Ms. L. J. Thomas

Misfits - Original Soundtrack
Misfits - Original Soundtrack

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of 'misfits' on the album but generally very good!, 6 Jun. 2011
I love 80% of the music on the album and it does what every OST should do which is to take you back through the emotions of the excellent TV series. It has it's dark moments which is fitting but also has lots of bumping dance tracks. Aside from a couple of tracks I loved it although it's not right for a party because one minute it's banging and the next minute its all echo and the bunnymen aka. pretty dire.

Gob
Gob

5.0 out of 5 stars REFRESHINGLY SUPERB, 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Gob (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album from start to finish. The production values are at the perfect level and the rapping has substance rather than simply being overly obtrusive. A MUST HAVE!

Smoke Ring For My Halo
Smoke Ring For My Halo

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good but over rated leaving me slightly disappointed., 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Smoke Ring For My Halo (Audio CD)
I heard massively good things about this album from all sorts of people who know what theyre talking about such as Jarvis Cocker and Laurene Laverne to name a couple so I was slightly deflated upon listening to it as it didn't really live up to all the hype for me. I really like the album, it has a raw sound and his voice is luxuriously sexy but really, there was nothing ground breaking about it and I came away feeling as though I had heard it all before. A darkly talented artist but it doesn't compare to some other releases of the same genre recently. All the same it is definitely worth a listen!