Profile for Mr. J. Occleshaw > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Occleshaw

Mr. J. Occleshaw (Liverpool, UK)

Sugar and Spice (LA Candy, Book 2)
Sugar and Spice (LA Candy, Book 2)
by Lauren Conrad

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but the ending seems a little bit rushed., 7 Oct. 2010
After growing to Love L.C from the reality shows that she did, I always wanted to know what the 'real' story lines were and whether or not some of it was for show or completely 100% real.
So after hearing that Miss Conrad wrote a book about her time on the show I thought it would be a great way to find out the real story.
The first two books were amazing, full of gossip - amazing writing and of course un-predictable cliff hangers, and with the release of the 3rd book looming, I will hold my hands up and say that I actually waited outside Waterstones for the staff to unlock the door so I could get a copy.

The Book starts off extremely well, taking into account that it is based around a year after the girls become famous and how they are coping with it, there is a lot of things going on, I won't spoil it but let's just say that it feels a little bit rushed in comparison to the previous two wonders.

I will however say to you - if you are a fan of the character 'Gaby' you may be disappointed that she isn't featured in the book a lot (although saying that she is not the main character) she seemed to have a lot more going on for her in the previous instalments.

The ending of the book to me personally feels slightly rushed. As if Miss Conrad had been given a strict deadline and needed to reach a certain level of equilibrium before she could quickly get the book into stores.
Through out the story you will be getting more and more involved with the story and the enigma-filled secrets that are hinted at throughout, and when these secrets are revealed, I personally felt like 'is that it? - I already knew that!'

Do Not get me wrong, I am not saying DONT BUY THIS BOOK!, but out the three - I will say it has the weakest ending.

If you loved the first two books, I will happily say get this one for this price (cheapest anywhere) but I feel that Lauren could have easily turned the ending into something more sort of extravagant and scandalous.

After hearing that Lauren is now in the process of writing a spin-off series featuring the character Madison (blatantly a copy of Heidi Montag) I will read a review first before running down to the bookstore.

Overall I will give it a four. - Good story telling nice plot but the last star is missing because the ending is missing something.

Wii Fit (Wii)
Wii Fit (Wii)
Offered by JSP online

5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad I Bought This - If You See One Around In A Shop - GET IT!, 23 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Fit (Wii) (Video Game)
I Didn't get this from amazon, instead I saw 7 on the back shelf at my local GAME store, After thinking whether to opt out for it, or instead get Everybody's Golf For Ps3 - I decided Sod It! and got a Wii Fit. And To Be frank - BEAUTIFUL!. I have only had it a few hours and I'm already hooked. my favourite game has to be the jogging game (which involves putting a wiimote in your pocket and running on the spot) - I instead run around my living room and just keep focused. its amazing to play - I don't regret getting it and it really is an eye catcher when nosey family members clock it on the floor......

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX12 Compact Camera ( 7.4 MP,3 x Optical Zoom,2.5 -inch LCD )

5.0 out of 5 stars Confused Whether To Get This Camera?, 24 Aug. 2007
I had been reading reviews of this camera for about a week, and after some of the reviews where positive I decided to get it, and to be onist, Its a great camera SERIOUSLY!, If you are reading reviews about the shutter lag and ISO Rubbish - Leave it! its a camera it takes outstanding photos and does basically Camcorder Video quality recording, I recommend you get an SD card with the camera, you wont regret it! you can only take about 4 or 5 photos without a memory card but thats on the highest setting.
dont believe all reviews u read, *lol im writing one saying that* but this is a camera for everyone!! it looks just like the one from Final destination 3 except from the grip *its there just so u dont drop it!*

Pros:
Easy to Use *even For Beginners I am on lol. - theres a SIMPLE mode*.
Battery is Perfect - I can take about say...300 photos without Recharging.
Size is smaller than you think, its about as long as say - an ipod nano.
You can take photos with no blur - I purposly shook the camera and they came out Crystal clear.
You can now take motion photos - so if someone is jumping up and down you wont get a blurry photo! or if your capturing a Rollercoaster - it comes out perfect!
Video Quality is Camcorder Quality - Even on TV *HDTV incl.*

Cons.
A Case Didnt Come with it, if you love it as much as I do, you'll want a case to keep it from scratching!