Profile for Curran > Reviews

Content by Curran

Curran (Staplehurst, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
AMAZON KINDLE FIRE/ KINDLE KEYBOARD 3G + WiFi - BLACK NEOPRENE CARRY POUCH CASE BY SHOCK SOCK

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job at a fraction of the price, 14 Aug. 2011
My husband and I each have one of these cases in different colours. They are lightweight and washable but completely protective of the Kindle, and at a tiny fraction of the price of some covers. The only element you need to bear in mind is you will need to provide any light you want separately - but unless reading in the dark is something you want to do often, this will probably not be much of an obstacle! A great product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars problem solved!, 14 Aug. 2011
We used to have mobile rugs - they are now all completely static, thanks to this excellent product. You cut it to the size you need, glue it to the rug, and your problem is solved! You just need to be aware that you will need to get some good quality glue - I used Bostick original which goes further than superglue.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head
Offered by Rodgers Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for travelling, 14 Aug. 2011
Because it operates just from a battery, this is ideal for taking with you on your travels. It is slightly gentler in its action than my normal electric toothbrush, but it does the job perfectly well. I'm delighted with it and would strongly recommend it for this sort of purpose - excellent value for money.

The Glass Room
The Glass Room
by Simon Mawer

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent subject matter, disappointing handling, 6 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Glass Room (Paperback)
Simon Mawer has chosen an unusual subject in this novel about a modernist house built in what will become Czechoslovakia, and the people who live in it. The building forms a link between many contrasting cameos of different classes and outlooks and he uses the house to symbolise the transformations brought about in the 20th century. For me, the book would have been more powerful without quite so many sexual intrigues and entanglements. At times I felt almost voyeuristic, and it is a distraction. The various elements in the book can speak for themselves without having to be dressed up with a series of rather louche attractions.

How to Do Everything iPod, iPhone & iTunes, Fifth Edition
How to Do Everything iPod, iPhone & iTunes, Fifth Edition
by Guy Hart-Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars a useful book to keep to hand, 6 Sept. 2010
If, like me, you appreciate some instructions on how to work you new tech gadgets, this book is well worth the money. It takes you through everything, step by step, with full illustrations. It is more detailed and easier to understand than the online instruction manual supplied with the iPod. True, if you are under 35 and gadget savvy, you won't need any manual at all, but I've been glad I got a copy and I feel I can get more out of iTunes and my iPod Touch with this book to consult.

2015 slim landscape one week to view diary cats dogs design x 1 single
2015 slim landscape one week to view diary cats dogs design x 1 single
Offered by Ed's Party Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars gentle and fuss-free, 28 Jun. 2010
If you want a gentle, non-painful, gradual whitening product, this is it. I have used the strips for a fortnight now without any sensitivity whatsoever. The whitening effect, whilst not dramatic, is nevertheless worth the effort and I intend to continue for another week or so (I am 57 so I have a lot of years' staining to counteract!). I find the packets easy to open, the bands easy to put in place, and thereafter the product gets immediately to work and then dissolves away with no fuss or mess, - though it is true that for 10 minutes or so it produces a lot of water in your mouth so, if you prefer not to swallow it, you may want to make sure you are around the bathroom so you can spit it out discreetly!

Altogether a good buy; I have put only four stars not five to reflect the slow, gentle action of the product. Apart from that, all excellent.

This Land of Ours
This Land of Ours

5.0 out of 5 stars rich sound, 16 Mar. 2010
This review is from: This Land of Ours (Audio CD)
A winning combination of the traditional voice and brass of the Welsh choir interpreting many old favourites, but given a twist by the individuality of Karl Jenkins. The result is a marriage of familiar melodies enjoyable for their sheer tunefulness, and rich, complex harmony. Easy to listen to, but a disc I have returned to again and again.

Visible Cities Barcelona
Visible Cities Barcelona
by George Semler

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't go to Barcelona without this!, 14 Feb. 2010
Having only 3 days in which to see as much as possible of Barcelona, I needed an excellent guide book, and in this Visible Cities one I was not disappointed. With masses of information on everything cultural and historical it made planning my itinerary easy, and gave me all the information I wanted as I went along. There are also plenty of suggestions for eating, although I always think that can best be decided on the spot. My only regret was the smallness of the maps - a separate city street map would have been helpful. Buy this guide and invest in a separate city plan!

Flash Memory 4GB USB DRIVE
Flash Memory 4GB USB DRIVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, excellent performance, 14 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Flash Memory 4GB USB DRIVE
At a price way below the average for this amount of storage space, this is an excellent buy. One of its best aspects is the practical cover - you can't lose it! It swivels, but only when required. It has been perfectly adequate for protecting the USB stick when I carry it round in my pencil case. I am extremely satisfied with this product which I bought for everyday use after buying the 8GB one for storage of photos etc.

Philips SA2945/02 GoGear Spark 4GB MP3 Player with 1.5-inch LCD and FM Radio
Philips SA2945/02 GoGear Spark 4GB MP3 Player with 1.5-inch LCD and FM Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars here's a couple of helpful tips, 17 Jan. 2010
This is a very good little player for the price, extremely compact but with a clear screen.

At first I was disappointed with it, as I use my player to listen to podcasts and books and there is no bookmark facility. However, there seems to be a solution - always put the on/off button to "hold" and turn the player off directly from there. This has worked consistently so far on my machine, enabling me to pick up again later exactly where I left off before.

Another tip - label your tracks with any important information near the start of the title, as they scroll across the screen quite slowly.

My only reason for not putting 5 stars is that the top volume is a little quiet for listening to speech in a noisy environment - probably deliberate to avoid hearing damage from rock tracks etc.

Page: 1 | 2