Profile for Ms. Michelle Jenkins > Reviews

Content by Ms. Michelle J...

Ms. Michelle Jenkins "MJ" (UK)

No Fear Gaming Headphones - Twin Channel - PS3 Compatible - Black/Red
No Fear Gaming Headphones - Twin Channel - PS3 Compatible - Black/Red
Offered by Mayflower Stores

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 21 Mar. 2014
I ordered these for my son for his PS3. He wanted to be able to listen to his games through them with a decent sound quality and speak to other gamers at the same time through the microphone.

Firstly, on opening the box, we found there are absolutely no instructions on how to connect these to the PS3 for the clueless such as myself. It has a USB connection which after a while we figured must connect directly to the PS3 for microphone and a headphone connector which we figured must have to connect to the TV as the PS3 has no headphone jack. My son had to google on how to enable the microphone on his PS3 settings and did manage to get it to work but the headphones would not work properly through the TV. The sound quality was pitiful and was only coming out of the right side. We tried everything on TV sound settings (my ordinary headphones work fine on TV) and PS3 sound settings but nothing worked. In the end, I was so frustrated that we had to go through all this because there are no instructions that I packed it up and sent it back to Amazon. I'm still not certain whether the headset is faulty on the headphones as they worked fine on my laptop. Perhaps there's something else we need to do or something else I need to buy, but I'm so angry that this company deems it unnecessary to provide any information on the product it manufactures that I would steer well clear of them in future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2014 11:01 PM GMT

Angel by Victoria Fances - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Angel by Victoria Fances - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Offered by book-binder

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great when completed., 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this as I really liked the picture over 2 years ago. I had previously not been interested in jigsaws as I found most of the pictures boring and thought I lacked the time and patience required to complete one. I opened the box and after sorting the pieces out into sides, shapes and colours onto my kitchen table (best to buy a jigsaw carrier) I was hooked. It took me about two weeks to complete, working on it in the evening. When it was finished, I was so impressed with how good it looked that I stuck it to a board and mounted it on my wall. The pieces are of good quality not thin and prone to bending and scuffing like some cheap jigsaws you can buy and the finished product looks good. It was fairly difficult to complete for a beginner like myself at the time but I enjoyed the challenge. Since buying and completing this one, I have bought nearly all the jigsaws by Victoria Frances and do find the Heye ones the best.

Lenovo G700 17.3-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Nvidia Graphics, Windows 8)
Offered by IHI

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 12 Dec. 2013
After reading glowing reviews from Amazon and reevoo, I purchased 2 of these laptops (not from Amazon) for my sons who like gaming and also needed a laptop for their homework and study needs. After careful consideration and many weeks of trawling the internet and comparing the specs on different models this one seemed the best based on price and as the retailer had a 10 percent discount code I finally settled on this model. One was a birthday present for my younger son and I kept the other aside unopened for a Christmas present for my older son.

Initially my younger son was very happy with the laptop. It was fairly easy to set up, the graphics worked fine with his games and he seemed to get used to windows 8 quickly. We did have issues with the fact it states 1tb storage space but the recovery key system takes up a chunk of that plus to me it looked cheaply made compared to the Acer models I have always been used to but I let it go as my son loved it. Three weeks on with school and homework documents, pictures and videos he hadn't got round to backing up (well would you expect it in 3 weeks?)the thing packed up. He got up in the morning went to switch it on and all he could get was lines across the screen. He was extremely careful with the laptop as it's the first laptop he's had and by far most expensive present plus he knows I'm by no means rich so it was by no means from abuse or neglect from his part.

I returned the two laptops to the retailer and got a full refund for the broken one and the unopened one. I was told if I wanted the documents recovered it would cost me about eighty pounds so I declined.

After this experience, I would NEVER EVER buy from Lenovo again. In my experience their laptops are cheaply made and prone to becoming faulty. Now I have one disappointed son and will have to trawl the internet again for replacements (not easy in December, just before Christmas). I think now I will definitely stick with known and trusted makes of laptop than this rubbish even if I do have to pay more. I suppose you really do get what you pay for.

Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Deluxe 1000 (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory)
Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Deluxe 1000 (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 27 Jan. 2013
I've had my portapuzzle for over a year now and I can say I am pleased with it. I have done many puzzles from 500 to 1000 pieces with no problems. It has really proved it's worth recently as I have been living between 3 homes and moving my jigsaws to and fro accordingly. As long as you don't move the pieces too near to the edges and make sure you put the 2 boards on top before zipping it up there really shouldn't be a problem with the pieces dislodging unless you're harshly knocking the case about.

I am pleased that I can start a puzzle and no matter what stage I am at with the puzzle, I can just zip it up and keep it out of danger of being messed up by my kids accidentally knocking it about. I can also move it about from home to home and have not had any problems as other reviewers claim with the pieces dislodging.

The only downside I have had with it (most likely my own fault) is that it doesn't seem very easy to clean. As I often glue my jigsaws onto a board when complete, I accidentally got some PVA onto it and when I tried washing it off it took the fluffy coating off the board so that it looks a bit threadbare in places now.

I would definitely recommend this to anybody who enjoys doing jigsaws and has young kids or has to move about a lot but I would warn anybody not to get it dirty as it is not easy to clean without ruining the fluffy fabric coating.

Catherine Cookson Complete Collection (24 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Catherine Cookson Complete Collection (24 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Fox
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent escapism, 24 April 2008
I was given this boxset as a gift from my mother. I've never much been into costume drama/romance type of films so wasn't expecting to enjoy these films much. I always associated Catherine Cookson with books that old ladies read (I'm a mother in my 30s).

The first one I watched (The Dwelling Place) had me totally absorbed, I just had to watch it till the end. After that, I had to move on to another film then another. I just love everything about these films, the acting, the stories, the costumes and the settings to name a few.

I havn't watched every one of the films yet, but the ones I have watched I have found to be thoroughly enjoyable. They make me feel like I am really in another era watching the way people of the upper and lower classes lived, worked and played.

The films are all quite long (over 2 hours) so it's probably best to watch them when you have that sort of time to yourself as if you're like me you may get totally absorbed and forget other things you need doing in that time.

I can't imagine any woman not enjoying these films although we're all different so I can't speak for everyone.

Hatchet [DVD]
Hatchet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joel David Moore
Offered by Jasuli

1.0 out of 5 stars complete and utter rubbish, don't bother, 24 April 2008
This review is from: Hatchet [DVD] (DVD)
I rented this one thank god. It is so rubbish in every way, bad acting, very annoying characters, bad script .....I could go on for ever.
Was it really meant to be funny too?. Well I can tell you I have a great sense of humour and I didn't find anything whatsoever in the slight bit amusing.

I forced myself to watch the first hour having paid two pound to rent it but that was enough punishment for me I didn't bother watching the rest. I have watched lots of horror and horror/comedy films but this definitely ranks the worst of all time in my opinion.

I can't beleive that some other reviewers have give this a postitive rating. Are these people from another planet?. personally, I would rather tear my hair out than be subjected to watching Hatchet again.

If you like comedy/horror avoid this as it is neither scary or funny. It has no redeeming qualities at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 1:08 PM BST

LEGO - Star Wars Jabba's Sail Barge
LEGO - Star Wars Jabba's Sail Barge

1.0 out of 5 stars not suitable for children, 2 Jan. 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I spent the whole day building this for my 7 year old son only to find as soon as he tried to play with it, it falls apart just like all the other expensive star wars lego kits.

This kit is not designed for children as it says on the box (8-12). This kit caused nothing but tears for my son and frustration for me having to rebuild it every few minutes. I got so annoyed with the thing that I ended up gluing it all together with superglue which defeats the object of having lego at all.

These lego kits are only designed for grown-up collectors to build and then leave with all their other kits for ornamentation (that's if they even bother to open the box at all).

I would give this 5 stars for educational value as it takes a lot of concentration to put together and is enjoyable to build. I should imagine it would be very challenging for an 8 year old (my 7 year old found it far too complicated).

Unless you are a collector avoid at all costs as THIS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.

LEGO Star Wars 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer
LEGO Star Wars 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a toy, 2 Jan. 2008
I spent two nights building this for my 7 year old son only to find as soon as he picked it up all excited it fell apart. I had to keep putting it together again every 5 minutes, how annoying is that. My son is very careful with his toys so it's not a matter of him being too boisterous. I know it says on the box 9-14 but that probably refers to the age which they should be able to build it by themselves.

After two weeks of having this it lay in bits and still does as I've lost patience with putting it together every few minutes as soon as my son plays with it.

I have given this 5 stars for educational value as it is entertaining building it but what's the point when it falls apart like this.

I would avoid this so-called toy like the plague if you're buying it for a child as I really believe it is more designed for grown up star wars buffins to build and then leave on a shelf to look at.

I have now given up buying star wars lego and have been buying star wars tranformers as these really are designed for children.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 1:30 PM BST