Profile for ktdesigner > Reviews

Content by ktdesigner

"ktdesigner"

GUI Bloopers: Don'ts and Do's for Software Developers and Web Designers (Interactive Technologies)
by Jeff Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars GUI's without pictures, 22 Oct 2003
Call me crazy, but being a designer, I like books for designers to be 1. in colour, 2. have pictures (not dodgy clip art cartoons every 50 pages or so) 3. get to the point, less text more examples.
Don't get me wrong. If you like reading phone book sized text heavy, graphicless books, you'll love this. But for me, I prefer to see design by example, not by "words".

Superstars Of Muscle - Schwarzenegger [1991] [DVD]
Superstars Of Muscle - Schwarzenegger [1991] [DVD]
Price: 6.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Arnold "not", 22 Oct 2003
Another, "call it Arnold and they'll buy it" product. He's hardly even in it. Not that good.

The Matrix Reloaded (2 Disc Edition) [2003] [DVD]
The Matrix Reloaded (2 Disc Edition) [2003] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Re Do it, 22 Oct 2003
The Matrix is one of the best films of all time. The Matrix reloaded is not. Not even close. Not even that good. Perhaps I expected too much, as I did with the Matrix game. Too much hype, not enough good stuff. It did not deliver the same "good feeling" that the first film did. I know it must be incredibly hard to do a sequel and still make it original, but this film was a step backwards (what was all that dancing in Zion about). Unfortunately, the Matrix has become a brand name now, and they will oversell and speedily mass produce whatever uses that name. How sad. I would not have bought it had I known, nor the game. I hope the Matrix 3 is better, but then it couldn’t be much worse. Don't believe the hype next time.