Profile for Harrydog > Reviews

ToeSox Half Toe Bella Grip Socks, Size- M, Color- Black
ToeSox Half Toe Bella Grip Socks, Size- M, Color- Black
Offered by Dorking Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job, 11 Oct 2014
These are great.... Really help if yo have a mat that is a bit slippy... Or like me have a manduka that needs breaking in. However, they do get tight inbetween the toes when in the warriors.... But this can be released in a forward bend easy enough. Not sure I would use these seriously in yoga class if I didn't have a manduka mat to break in but they are cool for the price

Dry 5 Friction liquid chalk
Dry 5 Friction liquid chalk
Offered by MINERVA PRICE

3.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, 11 Oct 2014
This is okay... But there are better chalks out there.

Manduka prolite® mat (extra long), Purple
Manduka prolite® mat (extra long), Purple
Offered by YogaStudio

5.0 out of 5 stars But once you do they are amazing and it only takes a month or two of ..., 11 Oct 2014
I have a black pro mat and I know the benefit to breaking these in. You have to use them.. There is no real shortcut (the salt scrub doesn't really work that well). But once you do they are amazing and it only takes a month or two of regular use (3 times a Week - use a towel in the mean time it seems to help)... this however is the lighter version and I am not disappointed. I thought it would be like the black one but thinner and less cushioned and so somehow inferior yet more portable. It is not inferior. It is not cushioned enough for Pilates but for yoga it is ideal. It is not as heavy as the pro but it offers a stable base for balance and yet firm cushion for the knees etc. With the lifetime guarantee and a restricted bank balance I would recommend the pro lite. I am happy to use the heavy one at home as it is amazing, but don't think you are missing out if you go 'lite'. Just be patient and break it in by using it and it won't let you down.

Manduka pro®, 66 x 216 cm - Long
Manduka pro®, 66 x 216 cm - Long
Offered by YogaStudio

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this....totally amazing, 3 Oct 2014
Right..... Many reviews state problems with slipping. I initially thought the same when I got this mat, but.... Washing using salt and warm waster and basically using it made all the difference. I didn't think it would because of previous reviews but it does. having gone through at least three mats a year due to it falling apart this is amazing. Pilates needs a bit extra on the hips (side work) but apart from that I love the firm support (good connection for balance work) yet good cushioning for the joints. It doesn't slip on the floor and once it has been used a month or so slippage on the hands is not a problem. I have always needed chalk in yoga sessions to prevent slipping hands but now I don't need that anymore.. Unless I have a full on flush which I use a small hand towel to get me through but that is applicable for any mat in the universe!!!!

Clear Self Adhesive Polyurethane Bumper Stops Feet Bumpons Coaster Feet, 6.4mm x 1.9mm Domed (Pack of 25)
Offered by The StickyStuff Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little bumps, 3 Oct 2014
Great little bumps and are non slip and perfect for coasters, place mats etc..... As previous reviews said they are small but they are perfect!!

MAGNET Expert Ltd 3.5 kg Pull N42 Strong Neodymium Block Magnets for Arts and Crafts (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong little magnets, 6 Aug 2014
These are great little magnets, really strong and perfect for crafts where you have fabric between them.

Rexel CKP Pocket Reinforced Green Strip Top-opening A4 Glass Clear[Pack of 100]
Rexel CKP Pocket Reinforced Green Strip Top-opening A4 Glass Clear[Pack of 100]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Feb 2014
I am sad.... I like stationary but I am fussy and these are just great. They do take many more than one sheet of paper, noted as a negative in a review, and they are strong, clear and feel great. Fast delivery and worth the extra in my view.

Making Traditional Teddy Bears
Making Traditional Teddy Bears
by Brian Gibbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas for teddy patterns, 29 July 2013
Some good ideas in this book. Good step by step guide to putting a bear together but this is not an idiot guide.... I found the teddy bear studio to be a better first bear book but this one is great for the traditional looking bears. Can't wait to try one out!!

Making Teddy Bears to Treasure
Making Teddy Bears to Treasure
by Brian Gibbs

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not a step by step guide for beginners, 5 July 2013
I have bought several books on making bears as a total beginner and this is not the best. It is good for a couple of patterns for different bears but for those who want a step by step guide to putting together a bear as a beginner this is not the book. It has patterns for different shaped bears and different sized bears which is great but there are better 'step be step' books out there. I am glad I bought this for the variations but for a first bear this is not the one

The Encyclopedia of Teddy Bear Making Techniques
The Encyclopedia of Teddy Bear Making Techniques
by Alicia Merrett

3.0 out of 5 stars Good photos but....., 5 July 2013
This is a good book for great photos if you are not a complete beginner like me though there are some good hints if you are a beginner to add to a really good step by step guide found elsewhere. I liked other books for a fail safe step by step guide as a complete newbie to making bears and I am glad I bought it for adding to my ideas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3