Profile for Mr. A. Watt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Revell 1:16 Scale Phantom II Continental 1934
Revell 1:16 Scale Phantom II Continental 1934

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice kit, but could have been better, 18 Nov. 2014
The mouldings suggest that this isn't a new kit. By modern standards the detailing is a bit soft and lacks the crispness seen in newer kits. That said it still has the potential to make a nice model. What disappointed me most was the doors and bonnet do not function so you have to decide whether to fix them permanently in the open or closed positions. Having made much smaller models with functioning doors and bonnet, I feel Revell missed an opportunity with this kit especially given its size..

WWII German Destroyer Z-17 Diether Von Roeder - 1:350 Scale - 9043
WWII German Destroyer Z-17 Diether Von Roeder - 1:350 Scale - 9043
Offered by Toy&Modelmarketuk

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent kit, 8 Nov. 2014
Although not as finely detailed as its Dragon counterparts, this is still a decent kit where the parts are, on the whole, well formed and fit together well. I cannot comment on the accuracy of the model as I didn't carry out any research and simply made it straight from the box.

Any 12 Revell Enamel Model Paints - 12 Tins of Revell Paint for Scale Modelling and 13g Tube of Contacta Glue - You Choose The Colours
Offered by GizzmoHeaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for getting started with making plastic model kits, 8 Nov. 2014
In the past I've tried ordering specific colours, but by adding individual tins to my basket they've often ended up coming from a variety of suppliers with the inevitable increase in cost. Being able to place this order and contact the seller with a list of the colours I required made the process much better as well as more economical even though I didn't really need the adhesive included in the bundle. Based on individual tin prices alone, it represented good value for money. So even if you don't make models, but need some different colours this would also prove to be a suitable purchase.

Samsung AK59-0010R BD-C5500 BD-C6500 Replacement Remote control
Samsung AK59-0010R BD-C5500 BD-C6500 Replacement Remote control
Offered by E-touch

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 29 Oct. 2014
My Samsung had stopped responding to its remote. I changed batteries to no effect. Being uncertain if it was the player or the remote that was at fault I opted to purchase this replacement remote control. Naturally I was pleased when this replacement one operated the player. Only time will tell if it lasts any better than the original.

MULTIREGION SONY BDPS1200 Smart Blu-ray Disc Player with (Multiregion DVD playback only) includes high quality HDMI lead

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat space saving player, 29 Oct. 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by the compactness of the unit. I purchased it to replace my Samsung one that had stopped responding to its remote control. I opted for this one as I have a number of region 1 DVDs that I couldn't view on the Samsung. Although I didn't need an HDMI cable, this unit has one included - handy for first time buyers.

Although it has a USB socket, it won't connect to the internet with a USB Wi-Fi unlike my previous player. Unfortunately the player is too remote for a wired connection so I cannot comment on the Internet functions available through the player.

Harbour Housewares London Grey Shelf Brackets - Pack of 4 - 300 x 250 mm
Harbour Housewares London Grey Shelf Brackets - Pack of 4 - 300 x 250 mm
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shelf brackets, 29 Oct. 2014
Because I live in a rather exposed location, I needed something to help secure water collecting barrels on a couple of garden buildings. Although these are intended for indoor use, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of their coating. Despite that I added a coat of Hammerite paint to ensure its durability. Although not what they are designed for, they continue to securely hold the barrels in position despite having to endure some really severe winds and look as good as they did when I installed them.

Outsunny Sun Bed Chairs Garden Lounger Folding Recliner Beach Camping Reading Patio Pool Lounge Chair Adjustment Blue Furnture + U Pillow Padded
Offered by MHSTAR

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but not perfect, 29 Oct. 2014
Quick to set up and adjust. The fabric is a bit coarse and noisy when you move. I don't like the opening which is surrounded by Velcro if you remove the included padding. On the quality side the fabric appears to be OK after one season, but the coating on the frame has failed on one of the legs even though it is stored carefully after each use and hasn't been exposed to bad weather.

Garland Garden Track
Garland Garden Track
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Garland Garden Track
I'm currently remodelling the back garden and have still to finalise the layout of some of the paths. I had a need for something to serve as a semi-permanent path and opted for several packs of this product. I first used a ground cover fabric and laid this track on top and secured it in position with steel tent pegs. As a path I would have liked it to be a bit wider but the width is adequate. I have carried heavy loads over it and it has coped adequately.

Although not the best looking of paths in a permanent setting, it should clearly work well in its original role of being a track that can be quickly rolled out for a job and then rolled up again for storage.

Harbour Housewares Tent Pegs. Pack of 20, 23cm - 9" Long
Harbour Housewares Tent Pegs. Pack of 20, 23cm - 9" Long
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy tent pegs, 29 Oct. 2014
I wanted to lay some plastic tracking as a semi-permanent path in the garden. I purchased a couple of packs of these heavy duty tent pegs which I used to secure the tracking in place. I cannot comment on their use as tent pegs, but they've proved ideal for my purpose.

Devil's Recruit (Alexander Seaton 4)
Devil's Recruit (Alexander Seaton 4)
by S. G. MacLean

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
Another good read from Shona.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7