Profile for :) > Reviews

Content by :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Womens Bomber Jacket Ladies PVC Faux Leather Zip Up Top Fitted Biker Cropped New (UK 12 Large, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 10 Sep 2013
I was looking for a jacket as part of a costume-so did not want to spend a fortune. This jacket surprised me when it came as although I knew it was PVC it's just so soft. Yes there is a slight smell, but it's not that noticeable when you're wearing it and it certainly didn't disrupt the evening or anything like that. I added studs to it which was really easy to do as it is PVC and the end result looked great! One thing I would mention is that if you plan on wearing it for a long time you might get a bit hot, but with its cropped sleeves and body it was good for a night out -when it's a bit chilly. The fabric looks like leather although will probably scuff much easier (I haven't tested it) and the quality of the stitching is good-it will withstand more than a couple of wears.

58" wide Cationic Chiffon Dress Fabric Jade Green - per metre
58" wide Cationic Chiffon Dress Fabric Jade Green - per metre
Offered by Calico Laine
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty fabric, 22 May 2013
I bought this to use as a contrasting underskirt for a dress and it is really lovely fabric, although I did notice my fabric had a small fault in it which I had to work around-it wasn't bad enough to return (and I wouldn't have had time to return it, and I had enough fabric anyway), maybe just a note to the seller to check their fabric more thoroughly next time!... the packaging wasn't damaged or anything it was just a small scissor mark/cut-which I noticed before my scissors came anywhere near the fabric. Other than that it is well worth buying to make special occasion wear or even curtains?! as I'm sure I just had an unfortunate piece.

Super Mario 3D Land Light Up Coin Box Keychain - Super Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land Light Up Coin Box Keychain - Super Leaf
Offered by Toy Zany
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars cute!, 22 May 2013
I was a little apprehensive over buying this keyring [as part of a present] because of the total cost with postage which seemed a bit extortionate, and I wasn't sure if one would get to me in working condition or not so that's why I bought a second in case (not because I secretly wanted one for myself). I needn't have worried-both worked fine and were well packaged in little plastic eggs. The only problem I had was working out which one to give away! These are useful for finding your keys in the dark, but I wouldn't leave the light on for too long as I'm not sure if the battery can be replaced :( if it runs out..

CHM003 - Mario Style Star Charm Bead For Charm Bracelets Fashion Jewellery With Gift Bag - 3 FOR 2 ON ALL JEWELLERY
Offered by TheNaughtyBunny
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars cool!, 22 May 2013
I was wondering how cheap this would look, and it's not too bad looking (I've been complimented on it) but the enamel seems thicker everywhere but the eyes-which makes them look smaller and not so authentic. What else can I say though? it's a novelty bead!

Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo 3DS)
Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So addictive! If you're unsure about it make sure you download the demo!, 22 May 2013
The graphics are seriously good, and make this game so immersive-combined with the player centered storyline. To be honest, this is a game worth buying the 3DS for! The characters are likeable, and I especially like the ability to play extra levels (from the outrealm gate- some of which require you to purchase but there is a free one available-see the nintendo website) and battle other 'risen' (enemies) to help you level up. My only criticisms would be how quickly you can progress through the game; -I'm wondering how long I have left before the game is over[-therefore leaving you to only play extra levels and battle random enemies? or are there more stories?] and also the graphics during battle movements and foreign* avatars which are just a 'card' which are a little lacking compared to the rest of the game and the cutscenes. It also would have been better if the characters actually spoke rather than muttered an 'English' word or sound as the text comes up (which gets a bit repetitive).

*bonus characters bought/won with in game currency and/or through spotpass, streetpass etc.

Lucozade Body Fuel Orange Tablets 49 g
Lucozade Body Fuel Orange Tablets 49 g

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay., 28 April 2013
Perhaps in the description it might be helpful to have how you take these-as I bought them thinking they were the tablets you dissolve into water to make up the drink-and then I found out your supposed to just chew them...

High 5 Zero Cherry-Orange
High 5 Zero Cherry-Orange
Offered by Beauty Store Uk
Price: 6.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly anticipated its arrival,only to discover that it's not really to my taste..., 9 April 2013
Not sure if it's just me, but after reading great reviews I went and purchased this flavour and the citrus one. Well, this one reminds me of the mouthwash my dentist uses-only smelling much nicer! It is drinkable, but I'm not sure how much I can put up with at a time. (the packet gives instructions for 750ml drinks, and I have tried both strong and weak formulas-which both taste the same to me.) This is my first experience with tablet energy drinks so I can't compare(-and perhaps that's why I'm not used to the slightly fizzy taste)-but unless you know you like the taste- I would stick to the bottles of lucozade and powerade!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 6:41 PM BST

The Cook's Book of Ingredients
The Cook's Book of Ingredients
by DK
Price: 20.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, very informative., 29 Mar 2013
This book does exactly what its title suggests. It is basically a photographic version of the larousse gastronomique, I particularly like the way this book describes what various ingredients taste like, -allowing you to easily add and combine more unusual ingredients into your cooking. Also, like the Larousse it has a few basic recipes, but this is NOT a recipe book. This book's purpose is to inform the reader about all sorts of ingredients and if it were to give you a recipe on each, then you would probably not be able to pick it up, as it is pretty chunky already! Buy it if you like to experiment or are looking for an interesting gift for a 'cook' or someone just enthusiastic about food... :P

Stitch Step by Step
Stitch Step by Step
by DK
Price: 10.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Great,, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Stitch Step by Step (Hardcover)
This book is really easy to understand, however I had to wait about two months to receive my copy because amazon told me it took '1-2 months to dispatch?! ' Not yet sure if it was worth the wait, but if you want a comprehensive guide to decorative stitching and needle craft it is much easier to understand and refer to than other similar books. Also, this book does not refer much to hands so it is ambidextrous, unlike others which I have found just confuse me even more when trying to explain how to do it with your left hand. I still don't see how this matters, as long as the needle enters the fabric in the right place/way why does it matter which hand it was held in?! :/ I would recommend this book, along with the sew and knit books in this series, as they are just as easy to grasp and I constantly refer to all three if I'm stuck or want to try something different.

My Revision Notes OCR A2 History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 (MRN)
My Revision Notes OCR A2 History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 (MRN)
by Andrew Holland
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great revision guide., 29 Mar 2013
This book is so useful when revising for the Russia exam. When used alongside the OCR core text (Holland) it summarises what you have learned, which is ideal when you want to review your studies and perhaps are not sure what to start on. It is also great to delve into as exercises can take anything from two minutes to an hour or so. This book is now recommended by my school as a primary tool for revision, and for AS level, the Germany one is brilliant too. Please note, if this book is used on its own it will not provide enough detail to answer (or pass the) exam [questions], it is designed to jog your memory, and help you see what you need to brush up on.
Overall, I would say that it is a must for any A level history students who are studying this area, and is good value compared to other texts which promise too much and rip you off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7