Profile for Lindsay Clifford > Reviews

Lindsay Clifford

Islands
Islands

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Islands (Audio CD)
This album is no less than gorgeous.

Quality Prem-I-Air 1600 Watts Oscillating Halogen Heater With Remote Control + Timer Function

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 11 Oct. 2014
Is there a typo on the price - nearly £400 - really?

WMA Sugarcraft Fondant Beads Cutter Party Cake Decorating Paste Mold Mould Crafts
Offered by Ronghui Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars USELESS, 11 Sept. 2014
I also threw my "beads" in the bin - along with the cutter. I'm pretty patient but enough was enough(!).

Muscle Shoals [DVD]
Muscle Shoals [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mick Jagger
Offered by Dogwoof Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars ATMOSPHERIC, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Muscle Shoals [DVD] (DVD)
A candid tale of the studio(s) in Alabama and their setting. One can almost smell the area from the outset with the beautifully shot opening scenes and the film continues to stir emotions throughout. It tells a very honest story from all sides - some of which are tragic, but most are uplifting. For a music lover it is a piece of heaven as it gives a fly on the wall view of the many different characters who entered the place over the past 50 years or so and also insight into a man who stuck rigidly to his natural instincts.

Wilton 12 Hole Mini Doughnut Tin
Wilton 12 Hole Mini Doughnut Tin

4.0 out of 5 stars TEENY TINY, 23 April 2014
This is a very good little pan. But they really mean it when they say "mini" as the donuts are very small.

Norpro 12 Piece Measuring Set Cups NEW liquid flour baking cooking
Norpro 12 Piece Measuring Set Cups NEW liquid flour baking cooking
Offered by US-ZINC

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 11 April 2014
I have had my Norpro measuring set for a few years. They are very clearly marked, have longer handles and stack well in the box in a drawer. There are also more of them so the weight range is more extensive. It is well worth owning a set of cups as there are many differing weight equivalent charts (from cups to grams) on the internet - hardly any are the same and it's therefore very confusing and could result in ruining a cake, etc. if the weights are wrong.

Hand Mixer - White (442388300)
Hand Mixer - White (442388300)

2.0 out of 5 stars EXPENSIVE, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Hand Mixer - White (442388300)
After my Russell Hobbs Allure mixer broke, I spoke to their Customer Services department about the problem. As the Allure was out of warantee (and I had also lost the receipt in my house move), they offered to sell me a replacement hand mixer at half price. I had already replaced the Allure with a Kenwood mixer but decided to buy a spare as it worked out at just over £6 with zero delivery charge. I chose this hand mixer and it arrived my courier the following day. I cannot believe this is being sold at the price stated + the expensive delivery charge. It is on the Russell Hobbs website at a considerably lower price.

Georgian House
Georgian House
by Steve Parissien

5.0 out of 5 stars A WONDERFUL BOOK, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Georgian House (Paperback)
This is a beautiful book. The illustrations and photographs are clear and very lovely. It is a book I have owned for a few years and has proved to be been a great reference tool for my love of Georgian design and architecture. I purchased another copy of the book recently for my hairdresser who was opening his salon in Shoreditch based in a Georgian dwelling. The result of his shop, "The Drawing Room", is absolutely spot on. He has sympathetically restored the rooms to a such a high standard that even the necessary modern additions (chairs, light fittings, etc.) blend in beautifully with his use of Georgian colours together with the original features of the building. He has placed the book on a dresser for clients to browse and, as some of the houses featured are within a stone's throw of his salon, it makes the whole experience come together. I highly recommend this book as it is honest and intriguing and can help stop some horrible mistakes whilst restoring a property..

Kenwood kMix HM794 Metal Hand Mixer - Peppercorn Black
Kenwood kMix HM794 Metal Hand Mixer - Peppercorn Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 28 Mar. 2014
After my Russell Hobbs Allure broke after only a few months I needed a quick replacement. I was initially reticent to spend more than £35 but decided to go with a trusted brand which had also received the "Which Best Buy" seal of approval and I'm pleased I did. The product is sturdy and good looking, the controls are simple to use and the extra length of the whisk ends are a great design as they cut through butter quickly without the hassle of the mixture rising up the length of the attachment. This design also helps considerably with the speed of the mixture being blended. I cannot agree with others that the product is too heavy. I am pensionable age and 8st and it works for me - anything too light would not feel sturdy enough. I use my whisk about three times a week so it is important for me to have something reliable from a trusted manufacturer and I think product is it.

Russell Hobbs 18275 Allure Hand Mixer
Russell Hobbs 18275 Allure Hand Mixer

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a few months, 25 Mar. 2014
I seem to have had the same issue as one or two other reviewers as one of the mixers on my machine stopped working and the motor made a horrible noise. This happened after only a few months - but I did use it at least three times per week. As I had had my previous (Kenwood) mixer since the 70s I was disappointed in this one's short life - I was expecting 4 years at least. I am disappointed as, until then, I was very happy with the product. Before it broke I would have elected five stars but it seems to have a recurring problem with the mixers - a design problem, possibly?