Profile for wannabe author > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Holiday Home
The Holiday Home

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hoot!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Holiday Home (Kindle Edition)
What a lovely story and so funny. Fern writes enjoyable easy reads, holiday reads to relax to. I loved the Cornwall setting so much it's made me want to go on my Hols there. I'm going to try her earlier books on the strength of this one.

Hidden Treasures
Hidden Treasures
by Fern Britton

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hidden Treasures (Hardcover)
I've just read Fern's 'Holiday Home' and really enjoyed it so thought I would give one of her earlier one's a try. This was a lovely read, I liked every character and the story was gentle and a good holiday read. Well done Fern.

In Too Deep
In Too Deep

3.0 out of 5 stars Who knew what goes on in a Library!!!!, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: In Too Deep (Kindle Edition)
Well I do as I've worked in one for 22 years, and yes, I really could write a book about all the goings on, infact, I'm quite miffed that someone's beat me to it! This book had me smiling quite a lot as I could relate to so much of it. We too have a basement and a reference library and each time I enter them now I can't help but smile to myself. The first half was great but, and I hate to say it, the second half was not. Especially towards the end, it was very rushed and as if she'd run out of things to say, the ending was partically awful, a real anticlimax. I haven't read any other books by this author but I'll give her a go and try some others as this really did make me titter.

With Love at Christmas
With Love at Christmas
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars 'IT'S CHRISTMASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!', 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: With Love at Christmas (Hardcover)
It felt a bit strange to be reading a new christmas book just as the kids have gone back to school, but as usual, a new Carole Matthews book is not to be missed. This was another fantastic story with a good plot, good characters and I really need to read 'That loving feeling' again! I read this book in 4 days which was no mean feat (back to school, swimming, dancing, cubs and daughters 6th birthday!!!!!) but I really couldn't put it down. So easy to read, you felt for each and every character, and no, it wasn't far fetched, I actually know family's like this. I love my christmas stories and this one has certainly put me in the mood for the festive season.

The Inn at Rose Harbor (Rose Harbor 1)
The Inn at Rose Harbor (Rose Harbor 1)
by Debbie Macomber

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back to Cedar Cove, 9 Sep 2012
This will hopefully be the first in a series of books. I read and loved every single book about Cedar Cove and like many other readers was upset to find out the series had finished. Even though this is a stand alone book, it is still set in Cedar Cove and many of the old characters were mentioned which was lovely to find out how they were doing (I know, I know, they're not real!!!) Debbie writes with such an easy style, so lovely to read and understand and makes you care about the people she writes about.Can't wait for the next one to find out who's going to be 'cured' by staying at the Inn.

No Child of Mine
No Child of Mine
by Susan Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: No Child of Mine (Hardcover)
Just when you think Ms Lewis can't get any better...... I have read every book she has written and throughly enjoyed each and every one. This latest one is very hard to read in places, but read on you have to. The story is quite harrowing and really makes you think about what social workers have to go through every day as part of their job. She obviously puts in a great deal of time with her research. Although it's quite an upsetting book to read (in parts) it doesn't take away from the briliant writing and storyline. One of the top ten authors in my opinion.

Summer Daydreams
Summer Daydreams
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great read from Carole, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Summer Daydreams (Hardcover)
Have finished this book FAR too quick, I just couldn't put it down. What a great story, well written as usual by Mrs Matthews. I have enjoyed all her books and always look forward to her new one coming out. Where does she get her ideas from? Each book is so very different. Her style of writing is so easy to read and all her characters totally believable.
I'm just sad that I've got anther year to wait for her next one!

Camera Lens Coffee Mug
Camera Lens Coffee Mug
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A great fun gift, 3 Mar 2012
I purchased this for my camera mad partner because it is so unusual and different. I then found out he had bought one for one of his photography buddies so I knew he would love it. It is totally useable, not just an ornament. It is good for both hot and cold drinks and the 'lens' is perfect to hold a couple of biscuits.

Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 3 Mar 2012
This was also bought as a present for my partner who is hoping to start his own photography business. I searched the internet and bookshops for this type of book, one about studio photography rather than just normal photography, and of course, my trusty Amazon came up trumps again. This is a very good book, so i'm told, with lots of the 'right' kind of help, advice and informaton.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 Mar 2012
unfortunately these have never made their way out of the packet and will be going in my next car boot sale. They just were not what I wanted, nothing wrong with them, just not my taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3