Profile for artyone > Reviews

Penland Book of Handmade Books, The: Master Classes in Bookmaking Techniques
Penland Book of Handmade Books, The: Master Classes in Bookmaking Techniques
by Lark Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 26 July 2013
This is a beautiful and inspiring book with wonderful photography. Some very whacky books are featured...as the cover suggests. It contains some good tips and tricks of the trade.

DIY Fashionista: 40 stylish projects to re-invent and update your wardrobe
DIY Fashionista: 40 stylish projects to re-invent and update your wardrobe
by Geneva Vanderzeil

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this, 26 July 2013
My daughter enjoys adapting her own clothes and has taken a few ideas from this. She also follows the author's blog.

Harry Potter Instrumental Solos for Strings (Movies 1-5) : Cello (Book & CD) (Harry Potter Instrumental Solos (Movies 1-5): Level 2-3)
by Alfred Publishing Staff
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 26 July 2013
Familiar tunes with challenging enough fingering to keep her interested as it contains different arrangements aimed at a range of abilities (she is grade 5)

Salmon 2014 monthly family appointment planner boldtype black and red calendar - one month to view
Offered by THE ONLINE WORKSHOP

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no frills calendar, 26 July 2013
Good layout, no silly cartoons. I use the columns for morning, afternoon and evening plus notes on my husband's movements and school holidays, birthdays etc. It has lots of room for everything I need to keep track of.

Harry Potter 'Wizard and Proud' Ladies Fit T-shirt (S - Small, Black)
Harry Potter 'Wizard and Proud' Ladies Fit T-shirt (S - Small, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 26 July 2013
My daughter is a big fan of Harry Potter and lived in this for the first week...I wrestled it off her to wash it!

Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies: Two-Book Edition
Wolf Hall & Bring Up The Bodies: Two-Book Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story-telling and wonderfully convincing and complex central characters, 10 April 2013
A worthy prize-winner. Gripping story-telling and wonderfully convincing and complex central characters. I am anticipating the last in the 'trilogy' with fear and trepidation, knowing that it cannot end well...having half fallen for Thomas Cromwell, I'm not sure if I can bear to see him unwind.

Hi-Tec Youth Equinox Mid Waterproof Black/Rainbow Snow Boot O001439/021/01 6 UK
Hi-Tec Youth Equinox Mid Waterproof Black/Rainbow Snow Boot O001439/021/01 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and sturdy, 10 April 2013
My daughter was very pleased with these. We bought a size bigger than her normal size so she could wear them with thick socks and they fitted perfectly. The draw-string elastic makes them a nice snug fit on the ankle.

My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You
by Louisa Young

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 13 Aug 2012
I read this with my book club and, based on the cover reviews, I was anticipating a good read.

The plot was entirely predicable and the prose style can only be described as adjectival incontinence...ugh! I only read to the end because I didn't want to let down my friends at the book club.

I was very surprised to discover that this was not the gushing of a novice, but written by an author with several books to her name.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 4:01 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to find old fashioned quality, 25 Jun 2012
When I was a child (in the 70s) almost all men's hankies were hand rolled - I even bought unstitched blanks and embroidered them and rolled them myself as presents for my father and grandfather! These seem 'right'.

Big Stitch Knitting: Finding Your Inner Stashionista
Big Stitch Knitting: Finding Your Inner Stashionista
by Becca Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 5 May 2012
I don't think I have ever seen so many truely ghastly designs in one book. The waist-obliterating belt has to be the most bizarre inclusion.

Page: 1 | 2