Profile for A. Field > Reviews

A. Field (Worcestershire)

Stanley 0.53 Litre Classic Mug, Green
Stanley 0.53 Litre Classic Mug, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Mar. 2014
Just what I wanted, perfect for a large cuppa and doesn't spill or leak if tab is clicked shut. Mine fell over on car seat and it was just fine.keeps coffee lovely and hot, and best thing was that tea and coffee wasn't tainted , tasted exactly as it would from a china cup at home.

Start and Run a Sandwich and Coffee Shop (Small Business Start-Ups)
Start and Run a Sandwich and Coffee Shop (Small Business Start-Ups)
by Jill Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Oct. 2009
such a useful practical and handy book- I only wish I had invested sooner. There is so much involved in running a cafe, and as this is my first business I found the book to be invaluable.

Before I Die
Before I Die
by Jenny Downham

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Before I Die (Hardcover)
I had this book delivered to my office early yesterday morning. By 9am I had read about a quarter of it. I continued reading it in my lunch break and ignored my husband all evening and carried on reading it until I finished. It is absolutely fantastic. Incredibly readable, has a fast pace and you find yourself warming to all of the characters. It is set in the UK although I did think it had an american feel to it (not that it matters either way)This is the sort of book you want to recommend to everyone, whatever their age just so you can discuss its brilliance. Buy it.Thankyou.

Cool Camping: England
Cool Camping: England
by Jonathan Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 7 July 2007
This review is from: Cool Camping: England (Paperback)
I invested in this after a recommendation from a friend and have so far managed to tick one campsite off the long list of tempting holiday destinations. The review was spot on for where we went in Devon.Only slight downside being based in midlands is that none of the sites are within an hour or so drive for us if we fancy packing up for a quick night or two away, but are ideal for when we have longer holidays. Hopefully the authors will do a follow up guide for more central sites as well, as one of the reviewers previously mentioned.As a child I hated camping-why did everyone else get to go to Florida etc.? But now I love exploring our fantastic country and all it has to offer, and camping is certainly the way to do it.Am going to buy the Wales copy next.

In the Mood for Food
In the Mood for Food
by Jo Pratt

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 May 2007
This review is from: In the Mood for Food (Hardcover)
I have spent the last week making various thing from this fantastic book- my colleagues at work are now all putting it on their christmas lists as a result.(and going on diets as a result of all the taste testings they have been doing!) The recipes are simple, straightforward, inspiring and DIFFERENT. I am a mad recipe book collector, but find so many books incredibly repetitive in style, either that or really pretentious. I think it would make a great present as well.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
by Maggie O'Farrell

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic....til the end?!, 19 May 2007
I bought this book after finishing Maggies' raved over 'After You'd Gone' which I enjoyed immensly. Having studied the form here as to which to order next, I decided that Esme Lennox was the one. I couldn't agree more with previous reviews in that it was un-put-down-able!! The characterisation was fantastic, I learned to love Esme, and wanted to take her home myself. I have spent the weekend reading it and finished it tonight. I was so disappointed with the ending though!! I wasn't sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that....however it isn't going to stop me putting it straight in an envelope and posting it to a friend who I know will love it. Maybe I am suffering from lack of imagination, I just felt that it wasn't quite wrapped up enough for me, a bit like a fantastic film with a weird ending.Won't put me off buying more though!!

RHS Grow Your Own: Veg (Royal Horticultural Society Grow Your Own)
RHS Grow Your Own: Veg (Royal Horticultural Society Grow Your Own)
by Carol Klein

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Feb. 2007
My husband bought this book for me after I watched and raved about the first programme in the series. I have been dipping into it ever since. As a keen but not highly experienced gardener it has been an invaluable source of information, especially with things I had never contemplated growing myself-such as jerusalem artichokes.

Carols personality shines through in the book which makes it even more inspiring as she has such enthusiasm for her subject.

I would certainly recommend anyone buy it!