Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James "goldcd" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
BIG DISCOUNT!! Rileys ROSEWOOD Machine Spliced 2pc Ash Snooker Pool Cue
BIG DISCOUNT!! Rileys ROSEWOOD Machine Spliced 2pc Ash Snooker Pool Cue

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a "cheap cue" that was better than those came bundled free with our ex-pub office ..., 23 Jun. 2015
Bought it as a "cheap cue" that was better than those came bundled free with our ex-pub office table.
Initially great, but rubber bung in base managed to come off within a week (not a big deal) - but then shortly afterwards the cue started "misbehaving" strange clacking noise when cueing with some slightly erratic balls following. As far as I can work out, something has split internally. Never even imagined a cue could break before I used this one. Spent a bit more for on www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J2L12UK and much happier.

Cool 57" Handmade 1/2 Piece SNOOKER CUE - Minibutt - EXTENSION (57" 2 piece)
Cool 57" Handmade 1/2 Piece SNOOKER CUE - Minibutt - EXTENSION (57" 2 piece)
Offered by AB Earth(EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cue - horrifically bad tip., 23 Jun. 2015
Bought to replace a very cheap cue, as a merely "cheap" cue.
Orders of magnitude better, with a love weight to it.
Only issue - as large number of reviews have pointed out, is the tip is rock-solid and pretty much unusable.
Maybe these reviews have undersold this problem - it's "unusable" as it comes. Not a massive problem, on general recommendation, I picked up some "elkmaster" (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001USKR3Q) tips, and it's now great - just don't think you can get away without them.

Oxo Good Grips 1256400 Sink Plug
Oxo Good Grips 1256400 Sink Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well (bit I was concerned about before buying) - but actually "does't look that bad" as a great bonus., 23 Jun. 2015
My "twist the knob and the plug comes up" bath packed up - and is built in, so short of re-tiling, or taking down the ceiling below, wasn't going to get fixed.
Hoped the internet could give me a solution, and it did with this nifty little gizmo.
It's a metal disc that fits roughly over the plug-hole, surrounded by a silicon skirt that uses the water pressure above to maintain a seal. Knobble at the top, has a small sucker on the back that you can use to stick it to the side of your bath and also give you a raised bit to pull at when you want to drain the bath.

3-Finger Pool Shooters Billiard Glove--Black
3-Finger Pool Shooters Billiard Glove--Black
Offered by Well-Goal

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap glove - but feels cheap., 15 Jun. 2015
Just bought on a whim due to the low cost. Can't even fit my hand into it.
If you've got small mitts, give it a go - but anything average or larger, don't bother.

PThink® 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for HTC One M8 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (HTC One M8)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars My first glass protector - and I'm not going back., 15 Jun. 2015
Always used a variety of film ones before, from original Zaggs, through to Rhinoshield - but always end up looking a bit messy after a month or so.
This gives you something that's like, and stays like, your original screen.
Can't comment on the long term protection, as not dropped it on the screen yet - but day to day, much more pleasant - and an awful lot cheaper.
This particular glass comes in nice package with everything you need to remove dust and grime before fitting. Alcohol swipe for grease, micro-fibre to polish, and sticker to remove any dust that happens to drift on.
So happy with the perfect fitting I got from this, I bought one for my wife's phone (my old M7) - and again was a pleasure to fit, and gave perfect result.
Another plus point with the rigid glass, over flexible film, is that it doesn't 'buckle' when you put it in a case.
My Tech21 case used to push into the edge of my Rhino-shield, the film would get disturbed and I'd get air-pockets on the sides. Not a major deal, but a bit annoying. This glass is rigid, so case just comes to rest over it.

**Giant Version** I AM Cardboard® 50mm Focal Length Virtual Reality Kit - Inspired by Google Cardboard (EVA Foam-Black)
Offered by SUN TECH

4.0 out of 5 stars Best version of 'Cardboard' I've tried, 31 Mar. 2015
Best version of 'Cardboard' I've tried.
Not perfect though.
Lenses were held in with 'something tacky' and kept on falling out until they were properly glued.
I appear to have a big nose, as seems to dig in a bit when using them.
No cut for headphone jack access.
Had to add new NFC for my HTC One M8, and still can't get the magnet working (not that the phone is officially fully supported).

Don't want to sound negative (putting aside everything above). Cardboard is a bit of fun, and you're going to have to accept a bit of tinkering whatever solution you come up with.
At least with these foam ones, you're starting with something better to take a knife to.

Nice feature is that it comes with a set of foam strips you can use to pad out the edges of the slot. Means you can easily customize it to exactly the size of your phone (and importantly keep it centred).

IdealVape.com Genuine Aspire Nautilus Series BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) replacement Coils 5 Pack (1.8ohms)
Offered by Shoreditch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Mar. 2015
My first "BVC" coils in my Nautilus and a definite improvement over [whatever the non-BVC ones were called] and they're a simple screw-in replacement.
No issues. Seem to last much longer than old type. Security code verifies.
Couldn't ask for more.

Dr Martens Strong Yellow 60cm Shoelaces - Shoe Laces
Dr Martens Strong Yellow 60cm Shoelaces - Shoe Laces
Offered by Quality_Laces

4.0 out of 5 stars and was thinking a nice mustard colour would suit, 31 Mar. 2015
They're laces. They're well made. They're *VERY* Yellow.
I'd bought these for some suede DM shoes, and was thinking a nice mustard colour would suit. They're not mustard.
I'm in my late thirties and walking around with day-glo laces.
I'm growing to love this, slightly more than I should, but just thought I'd mention it to others.

Verbatim 43351 700MB 52x CD-R Extra Protection 50 pack Spindle
Verbatim 43351 700MB 52x CD-R Extra Protection 50 pack Spindle
Offered by Mediashoponline

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Needed some more CDRs (I have genuinely no ..., 31 Mar. 2015
Excellent.
Needed some more CDRs (I have genuinely no idea when I bought the last spindle) - and decided to go wild and buy some premium ones.
OK, not *very* wild, as they're still dirt cheap - but had just discovered that the budget CDRs I'd bought 15 years ago had dismembered themselves into a pile of clear plastic disks and piles of gold foil flakes, whilst my older Verbatims were still pristine.
Can't speak of the quality of this batch for another decade or so, but feel lovely and sturdy, and as I seem to remember was the thing to say, "no coasters"

Bestelec 3pcs/lot,3FT 6FT 10FT 1M 2M 3M Extra Long Ruggedized Nylon Braided Fabric Cloth Jacket Universal Micro USB Charger Cable Cords for Nokia Nexus 4 7 HTC One X V L M7 max T6 Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 Mini I9500 Note 2 I9220 N7100 - Black
Offered by T-Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. No issues as reported by others - charge ..., 17 Mar. 2015
Perfect. No issues as reported by others - charge as well as old cables, nicely looking (dare I say attractive), seem well built - and I now it's an absolute joy to have some ridiculously long cables.
Annoyances they may solve - hotel rooms without sockets by the bed when you're using your phone as an alarm, when your wife insists on using all the sockets by the sofa, stretching to the only working USB socket on the entire plane (3 rows ahead of you) etc.
Wouldn't say they've changed my life, but certainly given me a few satisfied moment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12