Profile for K. Thelwell > Reviews

Content by K. Thelwell

K. Thelwell

Duracell Replacement Digital Camera Battery For Nikon EN-EL12 Digital Camera Battery
Offered by Capital Stores
Price: 11.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just like the genuine battery., 17 Nov 2012
In my experience this battery works just as well as the Nikon battery. I shied away from cheaper replacements after reading of ill-fitting batteries etc.

Advanced Software Testing - Vol. 2: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Manager: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Manager v. 2
by Rex Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Provides little advantage over using the syllabus details., 5 Sep 2010
In my view, as a non-IT professional but experienced self-study student, I didn't feel the book added much value over the syllabus information which you can download for free. Too much waffle, advertising of the author's other books and lack of use of formatting in the book (to make the salient points easier to see) in my opinion. It does provide some sample questions with answers which is useful but still not worth buying the book just for these.

Software Engineering for Students
Software Engineering for Students
by Douglas Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reference book for students, 30 Jan 2010
I have no programming experience but found the book to be thoroughly interesting and readily understandable.

Software Testing: An Iseb Intermediate Certificate
Software Testing: An Iseb Intermediate Certificate
by Brian Hambling
Price: 28.96

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job if little book for the money, 8 Dec 2009
I used the book for self-study and passed with 96% after about 6 weeks so it worked for me even though when entering for the exam I had my doubts over whether I was ready because there isn't a whole lot of the book to provide practice material or depth of learning.

I have no IT experience and it was certainly easily understandable throughout.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2011 12:59 PM GMT