Profile for Mash > Reviews

Mash

LG IPS234V-PN.AEK PS 23-inch Widescreen LED Monitor
LG IPS234V-PN.AEK PS 23-inch Widescreen LED Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure about this one., 6 Feb. 2014
The viewing angle isn't exactly amazing as the screen starts shifting to blue at horizontal extremes.
The stand isn't as sturdy as I like but hasn't caused too many issues since I don't really touch my monitor.

I have a problem where no matter how I adjust calibration it seems to pop back to its original overly bright gamma. I don't know how to fix this problem! Please help. I'm not sure if this is the monitor's fault or some other hardware/software.

Noctua NH-D14 Fan for Intel Processor LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2
Offered by Specialtech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great heatsink works as intended., 6 Feb. 2014
Would've been ideal if the metal brackets holding the fan were some form of plastic as they are very close to touching my GPU in my mATX motherboard. For those in this situation I suggest insulating the brackets with electrical tape to prevent short circuits.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended no complaints., 6 Feb. 2014
My idle temperatures are also around 26 degrees which I'm quite happy about. Seems like the fans are doing their job. Runs Crysis 2 Maximum Edition no sweat. Everything maxed.

GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard Core i3/i5/i7/Pentium/Celeron Socket LGA1150 B85 Express MicroATX Gigabit LAN (Integrated Graphics)
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Product is as described but internal packaging could be better., 6 Feb. 2014
Under the motherboard there wasn't a foam pad which led to a few pins underneath the motherboard bending VERY VERY slightly. This hasn't caused me any issues as of yet but it's just not very cautious packaging. Otherwise the product is as described and seems to work well.

For those who may make this mistake: make sure you get a Z87 chipset motherboard if you plan to overclock your Intel K processor. This B85 does seem to have support but it's not exactly a straightforward case.

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770K, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Offered by Kikatek

3.0 out of 5 stars The processor itself is 5* but Intel's execution is poor., 6 Feb. 2014
Now don't get me wrong. The processor itself is as promised and works amazingly. The packaging was military grade and got delivered to me in an acceptable period of time. My problem with the processor is with its overclocking capability. If for some reason you've bought a K-series processor and don't want to overclock then this is a 5* product.

Intel, for some reason, decided to use a cheap thermal paste between the Internal Heat Spreader (metal plate on the actual processor) and CPU die rather than soldering it like they used to in their previous generations of processors. Normally I wouldn't complain about this but seeing as how this is a K series processor with overclocking in mind this defect is not acceptable. People have removed the IHS and replaced the internal thermal paste with a mercury based paste instead and have seen temperature drops in the ranges of 10 to 20 degrees Celsius. Even if you don't overclock, if you were to play a CPU demanding game with the stock cooler, some people have reached 90 degrees Celsius which is on the border of affecting your CPU's longevity.

For those of you who do want to overclock I'd suggest a high end cooler. I have a NH-D14 which at idle keeps my processor around 30 degrees in BIOS, 26 degrees in Desktop (HW Monitor) and can go upto 74 ish degrees when stress testing in prime95. If you want to overclock without affecting your temperature then increase the clock rate but do not touch the voltage since that's what affects the temperatures. This is what I'll be doing since I don't want my temperatures too high. Which again wouldn't be as much of a problem is Intel didn't cheap out.