Profile for Mr Tops > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bulldog Snow Shovel
Bulldog Snow Shovel

5.0 out of 5 stars Pre-snow review, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Bulldog Snow Shovel (DIY & Tools)
I can't say if this works well in snow yet (still to get some), but I'm really impressed with the construction so far! Light, easy to use, yet looks pretty tough. The handle is long, which is fantastic, I'm over 6ft tall so i'm hoping this will avoid the back-breaking work with a shovel of last year!

Will update after the snow :)

IBRA® 1.5m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 24 Aug 2010
I was very impressed with the build quality of these cables. All in all I think they provide extremely good value for money, I've replaced all my cables with them.

Oregon AH100 Transmitter for HR Models
Oregon AH100 Transmitter for HR Models

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 30 Jun 2010
I bought this to replace a previous one (from a strap/watch set) that stopped working after it was dropped pretty harshly on the floor.

Works well, with many different types of gym equipt I have used. I did find that occasionally if it had locked with the gym equipt it would not lock with the associated watch. It's normally ok though. I also found that on some machines, the range of the strap is not too good, but again it could be the machine and not the strap.

Overall really good value for money. It's comfortable enough too!

Skins - Series 4 [DVD]
Skins - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kaya Scodelario

4.0 out of 5 stars Fading but still great telly, 18 April 2010
This review is from: Skins - Series 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Like many of the other reviewers here, I enjoyed this series of Skins, but felt there was something amiss. Series 3 surprised me (you know how we all hate change ;), I warmed to the characters and the previous incarnation of misfits were long forgotten. However, series 4 meandered. It was almost as if any depth of our characters was used up and worn out in the previous series, leaving some of the episodes lacking. It's the first time that I've found myself able to put the kettle on without pausing the dvd, simply because they were just not as 'all-out' engaging as before.

That said, there were still some Skins moments that had the grin/laugh/cry triggers going on.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I thought the whole Freddie exit was just wrong. I can't elaborate for fear of a spoiler, but needless to say, the last 5 seconds of that scene I could have done without!

Roll on series 5. How will the first scene open? Will it involve a hill in Bristol and someone on a space-hopper? Oh the anticipation !

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful, 18 April 2010
Great little product, 380 fits in snugly and it offers a reasonable degree of protection from small bumps. One thing I'm a little worried about is a screw/fastener inside that has been covered over in a not entirely satisfactory way. It's important because if it is uncovered or jolted enough I'm concerned the lovely sony screen could get scratched! I would ensure the camera is positioned with the screen away from that fastening. You really can't complain though at this price!

SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed of Berkshire, 22 Feb 2010
Ok, it's not a lot of money to waste, but nevertheless, this was a waste of cash for me. I suppose really, this is a "too good to be true" scenario. If you live in the Thames Valley, the TV signal is generally appalling, even if you do have a rooftop aerial To expect an indoor aerial to be any better is probably unrealistic. Needless to say I failed to get any signal for freeview and no more signal for analogue that I get holding my own finger to the antenna socket on the back of the TV! I don't see what all the fuss is about with this aerial, quite how it received such accolades is beyond me.

The small leaflet accompanying the device does state (for the unpowered model I hasten to add) that it should only be used in strong signal areas. It's no lie. Unless you live next to a transmitter, or are intending to use it in a caravan (and go park next to one), then it's probably better to fork out for a proper rooftop aerial.

HP Mini 110-1130SA White Swirl 10.1-inch Netbook (Windows 7 Starter, Intel Atom Processor N270, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive, Wireless, Bluetooth, 6 Cell Battery up to 6 Hours Life)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good compromise, 22 Feb 2010
The HP mini 110-1130 is a great little machine that holds its own in a very crowded market.

In the netbook niche, it's acceptable to trade some of the high-end power that you gain from a larger entertainment PC, for the tiny form and function of a mini. The Mini 110 isn't the fastest on the block, but it's hardly a slouch either. The screen is bright and attractive, and the keyboard is one of the best around. The 6 cell battery seems to last forever too!

I wouldn't want to use the Mini all day long, simply because the screen resolution leads to a little too much scrolling around in web pages for my liking. It's perfect for picking up and sending off a quick email, letter, finding a train time or doing some surfin' and shopping. It's also great for playing videos or using for Skype as the webcam is a no-nonsense joy!

This PC has a separate bootable chip that will provide you with super-fast access to a web browser, skype and photos without the need to boot Windows. It's a nice feature though Windows 7 boots in seconds so I haven't really had the need.

My only gripe, is the mouse pad. It's ok, but I find the pointer racing off like it has an appointment on another page! It can get really annoying when scrolling around web pages. That said, it might be resolved in new driver patches.

Overall, an eminently portable, attractive and useful machine. I have the white swirl model which might be trying to be a little apple-ish, but who cares!

Royal Selangor Christening Gift. Teddy Bears Picnic Egg Cup
Royal Selangor Christening Gift. Teddy Bears Picnic Egg Cup
Offered by Born Gifted Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christening gift, 22 Feb 2010
I discovered the Royal Selangor range of products when looking for some Christening presents. This is a really nice, quality product which is not only attractive, but functional too! Who wouldn't want to eat an egg from this?! Mine was delivered in a gift box ready to wrap and give. Some of this range are a little on the pricey side but this does seem to be reflected in the quality of the product.

ULTIMATEADDONS Green Shoulder Bag Case most 8.9" - 10.2" NetBook Mini PC Laptop's

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 22 Feb 2010
I couldn't find a bag which was specifically labelled for my HP Mini 110, but took a chance on this one based on the dimensions provided. Needless to say, the mini fits in perfectly - like it was made for it! There is extra space for the cable and power pack, and even extra pockets you can keep a small mouse, dvds or whatever in. The hardest thing to fit in is the power pack plug - but I imagine that is a common problem considering how large the UK plug is.

Altogether a great product, delivered in record time. My only complaint (and the reason for dropping a star), is that it smells of the glue used part of its manufacture. So far the smell has not faded. I guess some may like the smell, personally it does nothing for me!

Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory [Blu-ray] [1971] [Region Free]
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory [Blu-ray] [1971] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gene Wilder

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me hungry, 22 Feb 2010
I bought this film on a bit of a whim, I loved it as a child (even though it wasn't actually aimed at children) and have occasionally caught parts of it on TV. I was intrigued to see the whole movie again and to see how it looked in all its HD glory. I have to say I wasn't disappointed! The quality of the transfer is really very good, especially since the original started life almost 40 years ago! The picture is detailed and the colours so bright I was almost reaching for the remote to calm them! The main chocolate room though...phew...made me hungry looking at it!

To cap it off, the sound was spot-on, detailed and engaging, revitalising the old songs. I know I've spoken a lot about the presentation, but most know the film itself and may be more interested to decide if they ahould spend the extra 5 or 6 pounds on the blu-ray... YES do, buy it!

Page: 1 | 2