Profile for Jason Tootle > Reviews

Content by Jason Tootle

Jason Tootle "Jay" (Liverpool)

The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days to Transforming Your Body, Mind and Spirit with Kung Fu
by Yan Ming Shi

1.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to understand and potentially dangerous, not for beginners, 8 Jun. 2011
I have gotten up to session 8 now. Session 6 took me like a week to figure out how many exercises there actually are and what I need to do (I am still not entirely sure now). The descriptions of the exercises are ok for some but for others it is near impossible to understand what it is you have to do. I am only up to the stretches so when we get down to executing some moves, I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is going to be to understand how to execute. Some of these stretches/exercises are just not for the inflexible type like myself. I have felt a few pulls in my knees and other muscles trying to execute some of them. It is a little risky if you ask me. I such high hopes for this workout and thought I had found the perfect workout but guess not. I have read a lot that bouncing during stretching is very unsafe yet sifu suggests to bounce like it is nothing. On one stretch you are asked to bend at the waist and try to touch the ground with your palms. He says, if you cannot get there at first (I am a good fifteen inches away from the ground when I do it) try bouncing, going further with each bounce. Sounds a bit uncertain and very unsafe to me. I would surely get injured if I tried that. This book badly needs a second edition to make it clearer and easier to understand. Even then, some of the stretches are just too hard to perform and far too dangerous on the knees. Sometimes I feel like Sifu is deliberately trying to injure the reader.

Year Of The Gentleman
Year Of The Gentleman
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 1 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Year Of The Gentleman (Audio CD)
This is the best album I have heard in a very long time. On pretty much every album you buy you tend to find a few fill-up songs which seem to be quickly made to just fill up the album. Not on this album though! Every song is absolutely flawless. 10/10. It's almost impossible for me to pick a favourite as I love every song just as much as the other. It's quite obvious a lot of work has gone in to the production of this album and Ne-Yo obviously wanted it to be perfect. Well he got his wish, as "perfect" is exactly what it is. Great Job!

Pilates For Men with Lindsey Jackson [DVD]
Pilates For Men with Lindsey Jackson [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsey Jackson
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to follow, 25 Sept. 2008
This DVD is almost impossible to follow. It isn't explained very well. For some reason the presenter thinks you are able to look down at the floor and at the TV at the same time. When explaining the positions of certain muscles or joints she does not tell you what or exactly where these are. It's also too quick and basic for you to understand what she means. There is no way of knowing if you are positioning yourself exactly where you should be. She also doesn't explain what this powerhouse is too well and it's hard to know if you're doing it right. If you want to learn pilates I would suggest going to a studio to learn.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2009 12:13 PM BST

Microeconomics and Behavior
Microeconomics and Behavior
by Robert H. Frank

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Text Book Ever, 24 Jan. 2008
I relied on this book for a first year module ('Principles of Microeconomics') of a economics degree. I recently took the exam, 35 multiple choice questions, and thanks to this book (well, my lecturer for recommending it), it looks as though i will have to resit it (unless i get lucky of course).

It is just so badly written. The author tries to fit so much on to the one page (about a thousand words) that it's pretty much impossible to understand it all. Plus, it has to be the dullest book ever. No fancy headings or nothing. The author is american too, so it is very americanized, which makes it even harder for someone from the UK to understand. I have been absolutely fine with all my other textbooks, even macroeconomics, but with this one, i couldn't go more than half a page without getting lost. Seriously though, if you are going to be relying a lot on a text book to get you through a microeconomics module, there are plenty of more books out there. Just make sure you don't waste your money on this piece of crap.

Breathless
Breathless
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin Who?, 22 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Breathless (Audio CD)
I have never made a review on amazon before but felt i had to for this. This is one of the best albums i have ever heard. Every song on it is class. Usually with albums you always get about 3 or 4 that are total crap, but not this one. If you like No You Hang Up / If that's ok with you, then you will love the album as they are probably the weakest songs on it. It has a real Justin Timberlake sound to it, so if you like him then you will love this. The last song ('Tell Him') in fact, actually sounds as though it is Justin Timberlake?

Epson Stylus RX620 All in One Photo Printer, Scanner and Copier
Epson Stylus RX620 All in One Photo Printer, Scanner and Copier

1.0 out of 5 stars slow, poor quality, too big,, 12 May 2007
My title sums this piece of crap up. I bought this over a year ago for over £200 and what a waste of money it's proved to be. For a start it's the slowest printer in history. Takes about 3 minutes just to process and about a minute or two to print the page (text). The quality is poor too. Also it has to be the most gigantic all in one in history. I hardly have any room for it. Another bad thing about this all in one is that it prints wonky pages (everytime). Do not buy this. You will regret it. You can get an all in one for half the price but twice as good.