Profile for Helterskelter > Reviews

Content by Helterskelter

Helterskelter

Page: 1 | 2
100% Cotton Romantic Butterfly Cushion Cover lined with white cotton - 20in x 20in or 50cm x 50cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuk!, 2 May 2016
Sorry but this Cover does not look anything like the Photo. It is quite dark coloured, not at all the Pretty Pastel Shades in the Picture, and has a dreadful Red and Black Paisley Style Pattern along the bottom which does not "go" with the rest of the Design. It is also made from a type of Winceyette Fabric, more akin to making Nightdresses and would probably be better suited to a Bedroom for my Granddaughter!!!

Paoletti Hawaii Cushion Cover, Fuchsia, 50 x 50 Cm
Paoletti Hawaii Cushion Cover, Fuchsia, 50 x 50 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars It didn't look much better when taking it out of the package, 2 May 2016
Cover came in a small package and thought at first it was going to be Rubbish. It didn't look much better when taking it out of the package! However, once I had stuffed it with my Feather Cushion it looked Wonderful. It is lovely Material and extremely well made. The Embroidery really makes it look Classy. I only got one as quite expensive compared to others on here and I wanted to see what sort of Quality it was before buying some more. I will definitely be buying more from this Company if this first one is anything to go by!!

Curver 40 Litre Metal Effect One Touch Deco Bin, Ivory
Curver 40 Litre Metal Effect One Touch Deco Bin, Ivory

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a Shame!, 12 Jun. 2014
I have had my first Red bin several months now. I was so pleased with it, I bought a White one about a month later for recycling.
They both performed wonderfully well until the last two weeks. I noticed the Red one would not snap up on pressing the lid and on investigation, noticed one of the lid springs had come away. I tried to fix it but it was buckled and would not stay in place. Just three days later, the White bin also would not lift up on a press of the lid. This time, one of the springs was completely missing, probably fallen off and thrown away with the rubbish!
It is such a shame as I was very pleased with my bins, they look good, are very easy to keep clean and being about a quarter of the price of my old Brabantia, which also had closure problems, I thought I had found the ultimate Kitchen Bin!
Does anyone know if its possible to get new springs for these, as it seems ridiculous that I will have to throw away almost £60 worth of perfectly sound bins because of four small springs!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 12:16 PM BST

Faithfull Aluminium Landscape Rake C/W Handle
Faithfull Aluminium Landscape Rake C/W Handle

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the Blurb!, 16 May 2014
Ordered this Rake as we did a lot of knocking down of Log Store and old Lean To in the Garden of our new (old) house. There was also a lot of Rubble and Leaves and it was all very uneven with Pot Holes everywhere. I was shocked when it arrived as it was Huge! My Husband used it and thought it was Wonderful, I have also used it and its great although, at over 60 and 7 stone, I couldnt use it for long periods.
I note that some Reviewers have also said it was too big and heavy but if we had all read the Description before buying, we would have seen how big it was and that it weighed almost Two Bags of Sugar! It was bought to replace our broken Plastic splayed out leaf Rake as our Garden had put paid to that after about two uses. This one is Heavy Duty but has leveled our Lawn so well we have now been able to sew new Grass Seed and await the results. A really good buy for the money but expect a Giant of a Rake! If you only have a small Garden or are elderly or infirm its not for you

N4U Online Hot Pink PU Leather Wallet Case Cover, LCD Film, Stylus Pen & Earbud Earphones for Motorola Razr i XT890

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Girlie!, 16 May 2014
Needed something to protect my new Android Phone, first one I have had and was really worried I would scratch or drop it. Ordered this Cover and was really pleased when it arrived. I am over 60 and I suddenly have the envy of my 15 year old Grandaughter!!
The little Stylus Pen is cute but dangles around a bit so I normally keep it inside the cover. Had a few problems at first answering my phone and trying to get it folded back to place it on my ear but after a bit of practice its fine now. Have not used the Pink Earphones as yet as dont listen to music and would not use it as a Card Carrier as denoted just in case I put it down somewhere when out. All in all a super little case for under a Fiver, I love it!

Outdoor Solar Powered 2 LED Wall Stairway Mount Garden Cool Fence Light Lamp By BuyinCoins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, Eventually!, 16 May 2014
Chose to buy two of these initially, wanted around 12 but also wanted to see if they were any good, most reviews were not good on most of the Solar Fence Lights.
Disappointed at how long they came to come, even though it does state they are shipped from Hong Kong, two weeks seems a long time in this faster age. When they did arrive I had one Brown Top and one Black Top, I did not specify either colour but would have been happier if they had both been the same as going on the same Fence.
They arrived in the morning on a lovely Sunny day and I put them on and left them on a garden table in full sunlight. That night, the Brown one was full glow, the Black one, nothing. It took another two days of Sunlight for it to eventually light up. They are now up on the Fence and look lovely at night, just a nice Blue glow. Would have given 4 Stars but shipping and different colours denote a 3 Star Review. Now that I know what to expect, I will be ordering more of them, they are good value for money but you need to have Patience!!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Gloss, 4 Feb. 2014
Arrived today and I am very disappointed. Ordered the One Way Switch from another seller, which is just what I expected. They are both to go on the same wall about 8 foot apart and this one is definitely not Black Gloss, it is Matt! As I just cant be bothered to send it back it has to stay, only hope the Glossy one dulls down in time or I can shine the Three Way up!!

BISSELL 30K4E Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth Friendly Deep Cleaner - Machine Only

3.0 out of 5 stars So Disappointed, 31 Oct. 2013
This little carpet cleaner was so good. It cleaned the stairs, spare bedroom, even our bedroom and bed. Just moved house and it cleaned the stair carpet here a couple of times but just a almost a year after we bought it, it started to fuse the power in the house. Thought it might be the wiring in the new house? Thought it may be because it was housed in the garage for a couple of weeks after the move and got damp, so put it in the sitting room by the log fire to get warm and it worked fine again, for one use, then next day was fine again. My Daughter borrowed it to do her sofas and it fused her lights. We took it back and put it in front of the fire, and "Lo and Behold" it worked fine?
Daughter borrowed it again and it did the same, one day fusing and one day working. In the end we told her to throw it out, it really wasnt worth the danger it might have caused in her house. Such a shame, great little cleaner when working. Our only thought is, something has broken inside and the water from the cleaner tank is getting in, but have looked at what we could and cant see anything. Has anyone else had this problem??

Beautiful Grey Rattan Log Basket with Handles - 53cm Tall. Code 21650
Beautiful Grey Rattan Log Basket with Handles - 53cm Tall. Code 21650
Offered by home-decor

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, as it says!, 13 Sept. 2013
Basket arrived two days after my order. Wrapping very good, a sort of black vacuum pack with protective foam to guard handles.
On opening the wrapping, found Basket completely intact. It is very strong, beautifully woven and larger than expected, as some of the Baskets I looked at were too small to hold sufficient logs for a whole day/evening in Winter months.
Already have it by the log burner, full of logs and it looks really good. So far I would thoroughly recommend this particular Basket, it may be a bit more expensive than some on Amazon but well worth the cost.

Kitchen Sink Strainer Waste Plug (McAlpine bwstss-top) chrome
Kitchen Sink Strainer Waste Plug (McAlpine bwstss-top) chrome
Offered by The Plumbers Merchant

4.0 out of 5 stars A plug at last!, 16 Oct. 2012
I have waited 4 years to replace my Strainer Plug as the one to the actual sink I have, which was very expensive, was out of reach price-wise. I purchased this one through Amazon and at the low price I really didnt expect it to be the right fit. How wrong. It fits perfectly and does the job I bought it for. I just measured the hole in the sink and ordered what I hoped would be the correct size. Not a lot you can say about a humble plug but so much better than the worn out old Woolies plastic job I have been using for 4 years!!

Page: 1 | 2