Profile for Eve Jane Lucille > Reviews

Content by Eve Jane Lucille

Eve Jane Lucille "I like non-fiction to read but love having classic and modern fiction read to me, I like to review what I read to encourage others to enjoy." (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
SODACODA Padded Comfort Seamless Top Sport Bra - White - Nude - Black - Pastel Blue/ Pink - Grey - Bright Pink - Purple - Blue with removable soft pads (M (UK 8-10), Bright Pink)
Offered by Sodacoda Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, 12 Sep 2014
I put this on for the first time today and found particular comfortable. The material is soft and stretchy. My chest is size 34DD and my dress size is 10-12, so I wasn’t sure these were going to fit, but it did very well. I have it on now as I don’t like to wear a proper bra all day at work as it is a pain. So this bra is lovely and comfy and I haven’t felt it all day. The pink is a nice colour, quite vibrant. My boobs look okay, they don’t look squished. I kept the padding in as it’s kind of like bikini padding and isn’t over the top. I am pleased with these and might buy some more to keep hold of for the future.

Hartz Mountain Corp. DHZ81169 Ultraguard Flea And Tick Large Dog Collar 26in
Hartz Mountain Corp. DHZ81169 Ultraguard Flea And Tick Large Dog Collar 26in
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Product, please stop selling it., 9 Sep 2014
These Hartz products have been killing animals left right and centre, I don't think they should be sold anymore on here. They are dangerous.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula 250 ml
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula 250 ml
Offered by Deals of UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooths complexion well., 3 July 2014
I have been using this morning and evening for a month now. I sweep it over my face in outwards motions as per the bottle instructions, using a cotton pad which works well. I bought this because I had read it was some kind of “miracle product” on various websites. I wanted something to smooth my complexion, even it out, shrink my pores, and fade minor scars.

I have to say it works quite well so far. I think using it more sparingly is a good idea, I’ve read some people say they got some kind of brown discolouration after using this, so best err on the side of caution. I’m going to switch to morning use as that is the best time to take advantage of overnight cellular renewal.

My skin does look better using this. My complexion is smoothed and more even. I can’t say it’s shrunk my pores, but I don’t wear makeup in the daytime, and since using this, when I do put makeup on my pores are not visible.

You can't buy this in the shops here, it's not cheap but well worth it.

Jolly Moggy Catnip Mice
Jolly Moggy Catnip Mice
Offered by VetnPet

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent treat that lasts about half an hour, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Jolly Moggy Catnip Mice (Misc.)
I opened this package and gave each of my cats a mouse to play with. Well, they went bezerk! I have a large tabby who writhed around on the carpet with the thing in abject pleasure. He was out of it. It was hilarious. He managed to tear the stuffing out within half an hour, so we can’t say the thing is sturdy, but we can certainly say he had fun doing it. So you can expect to keep a decent sized cat fully entertained and in one position on the carpet for about half an hour – not a bad result for a quid or so per mouse.

My other cat, a much smaller feline, also went mental over the mouse. She flung it up in the air and chased it round, flinging it across the room, looking confused and high, then darting after it and tossing it around in the air. Again, about half an hour of enjoyment, until she simply lost interest.

One of the mice, the one that didn’t get killed, is still in the lounge a few days later, and every so often one of the cats will spot it and run for it and play with it for about ten seconds. So I keep it lying around. Given the bigger cat hasn’t torn this one apart, and given the cats only occasionally pay it any interest, we can deduce that the catnip inside has a limited potency. It obviously wears off never to return to its fully potency, which is fair enough, they never claimed to last forever.

They were intended to be a small treat and that they were. I am very pleased with the effect it had on my cats and I might even buy these again. I actually think I’ve seen them in Tesco, and in other pet supply shops, but buying them from here means I spend less time interacting with people which is always a plus.

Vico Litter Tray, with Dome - Purple / Lilac 40 × 40 × 56 cm
Vico Litter Tray, with Dome - Purple / Lilac 40 × 40 × 56 cm
Offered by Pet Connection

3.0 out of 5 stars Big and Deep, 29 May 2014
This box is nice and big, and I had a cat once who would use a box like this and enjoyed the privacy I think, so I got one for my two new cats, but they don’t like it with the lid on and won’t go inside. So we leave the lid off and it is still very big and deep, so still a good buy.

style3 Xenomorph Alien T-Shirt Mens, size:M
style3 Xenomorph Alien T-Shirt Mens, size:M
Offered by style3

4.0 out of 5 stars As seen in photo - very pleased, 28 May 2014
The picture is quite accurate. The quality is good, material is not too thin and the picture looks effective. It has been washed a couple of times and is still bright. I like this T-s*** a lot on my boyfriend – and as a big fan of the Alien franchise he was really pleased with it.

Mammoth XT Pet Grooming Massage Glove Brush - Removes Hair / Cats / Dogs / Pets - PINK
Offered by GRAB.A.BARGAIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Able to brush hair away tidily!, 28 May 2014
This brush is very good because when you use it on your cat the hair or the down from underneath the main coat comes out and the best part is it stays stuck to the brush. Contrast this with using a normal hair brush (yes I tried my own before I got this) and you find the hair stays on in neat clumps which you can then take off the brush when you’re done and throw in the bin. So I found this very useful as my cats were adopted and seemed not to have been brushed previously, the amount of hair that came off was phenomenal, and the amount of mess was zero! I wasn’t expecting such results when I bought the brush but I’m very pleased with its performance, so I give it 5 stars as I recommend this brush highly and the price is amazing too. Very, very pleased.

OPI Natural Nail Base and Top Coat 15 ml
OPI Natural Nail Base and Top Coat 15 ml
Offered by DemonsBeauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 May 2014
I’ve seen O.P.I. advertised pm QVC many times and have wanted to buy some for years. I found this top and base coat at a very reasonable price so went for it.

They surpassed by expectations.

The base is very liquid and more like a conditioner, you can slap it on to give your nails a nice sheen and a feeling of being protected.

After this dried my usual (cheap) nail polish went on very evenly. I applied the top coat and this gives the nail a high definition shine which I am very pleased with.

The top coat also brings out the sparkles in my current nail polish.

I will definitely be buying this again as it has changed my nail varnish experience. I feel that if you have a decent base and top coat you can use any nail polish and it will look immaculate.

mane n tail herbal shampoo +herbal conditioner combo pack 12oz 355ml
mane n tail herbal shampoo +herbal conditioner combo pack 12oz 355ml
Offered by Get Hair Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not get promised/hoped for results, 28 Feb 2014
Hair Type: Caucasian – long, thin, basically straight without treatment with a kink at the ends without straightening.
Usually non-greasy with regular shampoo (nothing fancy, different kinds i.e. Neutrogina, Herbal Essences, supermarket own brand, Pantenne, knock-off cheaper versions of expensive brands! Aussie (very good))

Expected results: Longer, silkier hair

The Shampoo:
This promised hair growth – not necessarily from the product itself but from a few American friends of mine – it seems to be somewhat of a craze over there. I am in the UK but wanted to try anything that could make my hair grow.

This particular formula – the herbal olive oil complex – is very greasy! Using the shampoo for regular washes leaves my hair incredibly greasy, so I had to stop using it as my regular shampoo and went back to an Aussie shampoo (which is excellent) except for perhaps a monthly use to re-nourish my hair (which to be honest I’ve not seen it do visibly after having the product three months).

I think I made a mistake buying this particular formulation and I may still try the regular formulation, or I may actually head towards a different horse shampoo with all the promises of extra protein, vitamins, and shine-giving qualities. But this didn’t do much for my hair at all.

The Conditioner:
I still use this as my main conditioner, but I only ever condition the very ends of my hair anyway because my hair is not dry at all (I’m 32 at the moment) and my hair has always been in good condition, it’s long and I trim the ends, but I like to use a very moisturising conditioner on my ends just to ensure they are kept in the best condition and I don’t need to trim too much off my ends when I trim my hair (yes I trim my own hair – haven’t been to a hairdresser in about five years now, since I stopped having highlights – I’m now home-dyed Brunette – For which L'Oreal casting is the best brand (animal cruelty involved)

Overall then I say that this shampoo and conditioner is not all that at all and I certainly will never repurchase this product. As far as I can see after replacing this shampoo after using it regularly for three months and then using Aussie is that compared to Aussie shampoo and conditioners, it does not match up.

It all smells okay though and if you have particularly dry hair then this shampoo will remoisturise it that's for sure.

X-Acto X3601 No.1 Precision Knife & Safety Cap
X-Acto X3601 No.1 Precision Knife & Safety Cap
Offered by LPC Stationers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Dec 2013
Very sharp, good handling. I like the cap as well as this keeps it very safe. Not lost sharpness yet, I've been using it for cutting stencils with light card.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13