Profile for Fran > Reviews

Fran

finding dad
finding dad

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly gripping, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: finding dad (Kindle Edition)
I had no idea what to expect when I started reading Finding Dad but I was hooked right from the start. I read it in two sittings, desperate to see what happened next, and the story has stayed with me ever since. Full of insight, humanity and suspense, it offers much food for thought.

Homescapes - Duck Feather and Down - V Shaped / Triangle Pillow - Top Quality, Washable, Anti Dust Mite Nursing Pregnancy and Back Support Pillow.
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 6 Jan 2010
I have bought two of these now and am just about to buy a third. They are really excellent - very supportive without the nasty feeling that the foam types sometimes have. Firm, but can certainly be squashed flatter if needed. I bought mine to use after I had a lot of chest surgery a few months ago and haven't stopped using it because it's more comfy than just a normal pillow. The pillowcase is good quality too - washed many times and no sign of wear. And delivery is fast, as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2012 12:58 PM GMT

The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect read, 24 July 2002
Every bit as enjoyable as the previous Mma Precious Ramotswe tales, The Kalahari School of Typing for Men deals equally well with love, life, private investigation and personal revelation. Alexander McCall-Smith is the only male author I read, which should give you some idea as to why I enjoy his work so much. He combines empathy for his characters with a dry sense of humour - I laughed out loud several times. A natural story-teller, McCall-Smith endears every character to his reader; they may live in Botswana but these are people we all know. It's a rare writer who makes every word count - McCall-Smith never disappoints.

Calendar Girl (Five Star Title)
Calendar Girl (Five Star Title)
by Stella Duffy

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell in love withSaz Martin..., 12 Nov 2001
This is one of those rare books that makes you feel grateful for having discovered the author. If you like strong women characters that aren't quite infallible, you'll fall for Saz as I did. An utterly gripping read – exciting, tender, loving and oh, so real.

Acid Row
Acid Row
by Minette Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping – I read it in 24 hours, 12 Nov 2001
This review is from: Acid Row (Hardcover)
Highly topical and grippingly written, it was impossible to stop at the end of a chapter – I had to know what happened next. The characters made me feel a whole range of emotions, from fear to hilarity, empathy to intense distaste. A perfect weekend read.