Profile for woggles > Reviews

Quilter's Seam Rule for quarter inch 1/4" seams
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd
Price: 3.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilters must have, 23 Jan 2014
I consider it a 'quilters must have' if you still work in inches. If you're into mms is 6mm. So many quilt patters require an exact quarter inch seam allowance and this'll help keep you on track. But for me it's best benefit is when adding or subtracting that quarter inch when making your own templates, now no need to keep on measuring, just butt up the ruler and hey presto perfect seam allowances every time.

Tornadoes on the Mother Road
Tornadoes on the Mother Road
Price: 0.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Really a Route 66 travelog., 1 Oct 2013
I was very disappointed with this book it's full of meaningless everyday conversations between the author and her boyfriend . It must have been a very interesting trip for them, taking in Las Vegas, Utah, Colorado, looping down to Santa Fe to finally hit the hallowed road before heading back west. They covered very few miles of the actual mother road. Such a missed opportunity for them both.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2013 2:45 PM BST

Large Boomer 8" Strong Dog Solid Indestructible Ball
Large Boomer 8" Strong Dog Solid Indestructible Ball
Offered by Paws and Claws Pet Shop
Price: 13.58

5.0 out of 5 stars At last something Staffie proof, 11 May 2013
We've spent a small fortune on toys for our Staffie, some of them lasting only a few minutes. This ball proves there are Staffie proof toys. We have the 8 inch one which seems right for us.

Kimi's Secret
Kimi's Secret
by John Hudspith
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast pace, excellent story, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kimi's Secret (Paperback)
I got this when it was a freebie and can't wait for the sequel. Well written story line. well rounded characters, leaving me waiting for the sequel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 9:23 AM GMT

Vigilante (VIGILANTE Series Book 1)
Vigilante (VIGILANTE Series Book 1)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Glued to my Kindle, 25 Nov 2012
I got this book and it's follow-on The Consultant as freebies and have just read them back to back. There're plenty of posts here re the plot so I'll stick to the my usual gripes about grammar, editing, and proof reading. Well there are no gripes.

Written in a style that reminds me very much of John Grisham, one of my favourite authors, I was locked into the story from the first to the last words. Every word used was relevant to the story, no over powering use of irrelevant adjectives. So if you want 'he crept steathily, like a panther, through the unbelievably autumnal reds, golds, and oranges of the leaves rustling in the frisky breaze' this isn't for you. If you'd rather have 'treading carefully through the fallen leaves' then this is very much to your liking. Enjoy.

The War of the Worlds: Aftermath
The War of the Worlds: Aftermath
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read, 13 Nov 2012
Quite simply a cracking read. I downloaded this as a freebie not expecting too much of it, but....
it is well written (what a change). Follows the same style as the original. And kept me glued to my kindle.

As the plot has been described by others I'll not go into that but I highly reccommend this to you if you like this genre.

The Penal Colony
The Penal Colony
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put my Kindle down, 5 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Penal Colony (Kindle Edition)
Well what a change for a freebie book. Well written, excellent and 'different' plot that kept me so interested I couldn't put it down, carried on reading right through the night! I am so pleased to have found this author.

I chose this book as it was set in UK which makes a change. I was intered to see how the men 'grew' when they gave each other porpose, focus and respect.

The Interstate (A Harley Bowman Novel Book 2)
The Interstate (A Harley Bowman Novel Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Clunky, but an ok plot., 1 Nov 2012
The plot to this crime novel was well though out, however the execution of it was bad. Too many repetitions made the prose clunky and annoying for me. There's no need to keep stating a charactures full name and occupation every time they are mentioned, nor the site of the crime scene. I counted the word abductor 4 times in one sentence, lazy writing, and however did Mary get a job as a deputy sheriff? she's far too ditzy, I hope she's not based on any-one employed in Tucumcari or any other law enforcement district. Charactures need to be believable, not just endearing.

What kept me wading through was my interest in how the author was going to strech this out to the very end; and the fact I visited the area in 2008 and was hoping I would recognise any of the local sights, sad to say that was a negative.

If the autor of this novel reads this review I'd like to suggest they read and disect a lot more material by well known writers, notice how sentences and paragraghs are constucted then go on to re-write this book. Or try a well run writers workshop. As stated the plot is good and it deserves better presentation.

If you want a well written novel this isn't for you.

Shades of Gray
Shades of Gray
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A Plot With a Difference, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Shades of Gray (Kindle Edition)
Pros
What a read!! for a first book this is an incredible read. Even for a well seasoned writer this would be something to be proud of. I count my-self lucky to have come across this book.

It's well written, the story-line is brilliant, and it gripped me right from the start

Cons
Can't think of any and I'm usually quite a critical reviewer.

Can't wait to read more of this authors works.

Enter the Wolf (Tales of the Wolf Book 2)
Enter the Wolf (Tales of the Wolf Book 2)
Price: 1.23

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Slightly' better, 10 Aug 2012
Pros
Once again a good read and fast paced in places. The story line kept me entertained from begining to end.

Cons
The author hasn't used his seemingly favourite word 'slightly' anywhere near as often thank goodness but it's still there in too many places. And the heroines magical powers aren't consistant to the story line because several times I was left wondering 'well if she can do that then why didn't she do it earlier when it was direly needed'

for the price it's worth reading.

I am how-ever looking forward to book 3 this coming winter