Profile for A. Bormann > Reviews

Content by A. Bormann

A. Bormann "bormaennchen" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bodum BISTRO Knife Block, Black 11089-01
Bodum BISTRO Knife Block, Black 11089-01
Offered by BestBuyUk

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Aug. 2015
Best knife storage in the kitchen, if you ask me.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Not like you can do a lot with them on but ..., 8 Aug. 2015
Much less wasteful of acetone than the dip-your-fingers-trays. Not like you can do a lot with them on but more than with a hand in a tray for 10 minutes. :-)

Kindle Voyage 3G, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice but not perfect, 8 Aug. 2015
Maybe it's sign of me getting old but as much as I like the screen, the illumination thereof, the resolution, and the page change buttons on the side, I equally dislike the touch screen at times. I change pages by using the buttons/sensors on the side as I HATE finger smudges on screens, full stop. However, if I need to put the kindle down, I inadvertently touch the screen, and the pages changes, anyway. So when I start reading again, I'm usually on plus/minus 4 pages.

I still have to figure out how to quickly move back in a book if I spot an inconsistency in the plot and to move back to where I was but that is just me, I guess.

Having said that, everything else about it is just beautiful.

Fujifilm FUJINON XF35mm Lens suitable for X-T1, X-T10, X-E2, X-Pro1, X-A2
Fujifilm FUJINON XF35mm Lens suitable for X-T1, X-T10, X-E2, X-Pro1, X-A2
Offered by expressdealsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars goes everywhere with me, 10 July 2014
Lovely standard-type lens on the Fuji X-Pro1. Nice fast glass, beautiful creamy bokeh, if you care about that. It's on mine most of the time.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Digital Camera with XF18mm Lens (16MP, APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor) 3 inch LCD
Offered by beauty stores

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 10 July 2014
Great camera. I am not going to tell you that it made me fall in love with photography again because I was never out of love with it. However, I do appreciate the manual controls, the intelligent button lay-out which allows you to use nearly all buttons without having to take your eye off the viewfinder (I mostly use the EVF mode), the optical quality of the lenses, the image clarity, the low noise even at high ISO - without being an expert I would say that the sensor does something that my Olympus OMD E-M5 can't do.

So although I am not back in love with photography thanks to this camera, it is my companion of choice, although it's a bit chunkier than the Oly. And that says a lot.

Olympus EP-10 Standard Eye Cup for OM-D E-M5
Olympus EP-10 Standard Eye Cup for OM-D E-M5

2.0 out of 5 stars perfect for its use but too expensive for what it is, 10 July 2014
I was glad to have found a replacement for the broken viewfinder cover. It fits, made it unnecessary for me to try to superglue the broken one in vain, but it is very, very expensive for what it is.

Bluesky Nail Polish UV Soak off gel NEW "A" Range A43 10 ml
Bluesky Nail Polish UV Soak off gel NEW "A" Range A43 10 ml
Offered by bbbeautylounge

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent staple, 10 July 2014
Wonderful colour. Deep pigment but not garish. Goes extremely well with my skin tone. The perfect colour for any occasion I can think of. Noticeably elegant but not overbearing. It lasts for two weeks, using it with the base and top coat of the same brand, and I usually only take it off after that time because the outgrowth is visible, at least to me.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars relief, 10 July 2014
It's my fourth after the third (which lasted 2 years until I managed to break it), and I felt like without a limb for the time I was without it. I made do with the kindle app on the phone and laptop but it wasn't the same, until I decided to finish a print book while waiting. Which I have done, am very happy about, but I am glad to have my entire library on one light gadget again. :-)

Koolertron Padded Shockproof Foldable Partition Camera Insert Protective Bag For SONY Canon Nikon DSLR Shot Or Flash Light --- 10.6"x6.3"x4.7"
Offered by Kldeals

5.0 out of 5 stars very clever solution to carry your camera gear every day, 10 July 2014
I have been looking for a shoulder bag that would be kinder on my camera stuff that my normal bags but also allow me to take all the other bits and bobs I need with me.

This insert fits my favourite bag perfectly. It is so much easier to access the camera, spare lens, batteries and cards now. I don't run the risk of getting one of the internal zips cracking the screen of my camera, as happened in the same bag before I had the insert.

On top of it (or rather under or either side of it, there still is enough room for my regular things like a fan, my diary, the kindle, UK and European USB plug plus cables for iPhone and kindle, blister plasters, pack of tissues... you get the idea.

I may still end up buying a dedicated woman photographer camera bag but seeing as they are so far only coming from the USA and thusly at least £140 (including duty), I'll take this for now gladly.

Eastpak Unisex-Adult Tranverz S Top-Handle Bag - EK66185F Bloxx Brown - 49 cm
Eastpak Unisex-Adult Tranverz S Top-Handle Bag - EK66185F Bloxx Brown - 49 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite, 10 July 2014
I have been travelling a lot for business for the last 20 years, although usually for 2 nights, no more. This suitcase is perfect for that.

Using the straps to tighten the suitcase makes most skeptical check-in people look at it and immediately declare it okay, seeing as it's rather thin most of the time.

I put the heavies, like a pair of shoes, chargers (for laptop, phone, toothbrush, camera batteries), my own headphones I need as an interpreter, electric toothbrush and non-liquid make-up in the bottom part of the suitcase. Clothes go in the top compartment. In between the two separate compartments I have my laptop and bag with liquids. So handy when going through security to not have to search for those but just pull them out...

Being able to tighten it up like this one is means the top part of the suitcase is not stiff. Still, the plastic bits attached to it on the wheels side are well placed and sturdy enough to make the suitcase stand up quite securely.

The wheels are the quietest I have had on any suitcase yet. In fact, they are nearly silent. Excellent for not making a nuisance of/drawing attention to myself when walking the streets late at night.

Needless to say, the colour is lovely and so unique, nobody could possibly mistake my suitcase for theirs. :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4