Profile for Dana > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
CRAFTWORLD 'GRIP IT' LEFT HANDED CHILDRENS SCISSORS
CRAFTWORLD 'GRIP IT' LEFT HANDED CHILDRENS SCISSORS

4.0 out of 5 stars Proper left handed scissors, 1 May 2012
This is a proper left handed pair of scissors designed for childern. I has a little ruler on one of the blades which I found was a nice addition. My 4 year old left handed son uses it happily and it works well for him.

STABILO EASYergo 3.15mm Mechanical Pencil Left Handed - Light Green/Dark Green
STABILO EASYergo 3.15mm Mechanical Pencil Left Handed - Light Green/Dark Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying, 1 May 2012
It's an interesting pencil with a good grip and angled to allow left handers to see their writing better (as left handers "push" the pencil across the paper and cover their writing in the process)
I've tried it with my 4 year old son who is left handed but he is not interested, however I noticed his grip was good on this pencil so will try him again in a few months.

Kipper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Kipper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Clunes

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 17 April 2012
I'm sorry to say this, because I love Kipper books, but this is the most boring children DVD I've ever seen. I've read the recommendations saying it's easy to follow and all the white background being great etc so I bought it. Both my son (aged 3 and a half) and myself were disappointed and bored, didn't make it to the end of the DVD. Gave it a second chance a week later - nope, didn't grow on us.
If you're after DVDs for smaller children, try Pocoyo - lovely colourful characters on a white background, plenty of good humour and Steven Fry does a FANTASTIC job as a narator.

Obaku By Ingersoll Ladies Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Obaku By Ingersoll Ladies Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but basic, 8 Nov. 2011
I absolutely love this slim, elegant watch. It does not have any extra functions apart from telling the time though :-) no date display, it's not waterproof, nothing automatic so if you're into gadgets like that don't buy it.
If you're looking for a simple but elegant watch I can't recommend it enough.

Noddy: 3 - A Bike For Big Ears [DVD]
Noddy: 3 - A Bike For Big Ears [DVD]
Dvd ~ Goldy Notay

2.0 out of 5 stars MONSTER STORIES - caveat for very young ones, 7 Jun. 2011
I bought this DVD for my 2.8 year old son as he loves Noddy. To my horror, the first and last stories are about Monsters, Noddy being very scared and unable to sleep in one, and being chased by a monster in the other - very dark and scary for my young one. He was so scared that he didn't sleep well and woke up screaming a few nights. I had to hide the DVD away, not sure I'll ever use it again.
I strongly believe the DVD cover should at least make it clear that there are 2 scary monster stories on it.

Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
by Rod Campbell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 4 April 2011
Lovely design, flaps make it interesting but the choice of rhymes and stories is not what I expected. Unfortunately I was not familiar with most of them and my 2 year old was not interested at all
A selection of better known nursery rhymes in this format would have been much, much better for us.
Disappointed, waste of money.

CBeebies - The Ultimate Summer Collection [DVD]
CBeebies - The Ultimate Summer Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cbeebies

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 April 2011
Great value for money, my 2 yearl old loves it, it's on every day at the moment (driving me slightly mad)

Character World Disney Winnie The Pooh Playground Junior Panel Duvet Set
Character World Disney Winnie The Pooh Playground Junior Panel Duvet Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 4 April 2011
Lovely print but fabric quality is not what I was hoping for - it's very thin and looks cheap.
Will probably get good use out of it but I don't really like it - it's not soft and fluffy at all...

WOW Toys Fireboat Felix
WOW Toys Fireboat Felix

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 12 July 2010
This review is from: WOW Toys Fireboat Felix (Toy)
I was disappointed with this toy but then again it was quite cheap so you get what you pay for.
It doesn't float properly, the squirting thing doesn't work well and once water gets inside it becomes rusty (it stained the side of our bath tub). Not recommended.

In The Night Garden: My Playtime Magnet Book
In The Night Garden: My Playtime Magnet Book
by BBC Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 12 July 2010
A nice book, I bought it a bit early and my 2o months old son didn't quite understand what he can do with it but nevertheless he was very interested in it. I'm sure in a few months time he'll re-discover it with much pleasure. Recommended as good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2